calling all Mamas who gave their DSs unique names! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2009, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benj View Post
not a mom, but my son's name is gage avery. our second son's name is seth (we were going to name him emmett), which is more common.

I'm sorry papa! I shouldn't have used a title excluding the great dads we've got around here!

I love the name Gage, BTW!

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmom View Post
Our ds is Teegan - not particularly using the correct Irish spelling but that's okay. My husband's initial's are TNT and I thought that was so fun so we just started weeding through "T" names.....and we went more traditional for the middle name Nicholas (which is also dh middle name). I know there are a few other Teegan's in our area - some girls, some boys. Some with the spelling Teagan.....to me Teagan seems more feminine. Don't know why though!

I love the TNT initials. We took Teagan and changed it to Taegan. I checked out an Irish baby name site, and the pronunciation chart showed Teague to be pronounced "Tayg" and I liked that pronunciation better. But, I knew if we spelled it Teagan it would always be Teee-gan. So we changed the spelling. But I like both ways of pronouncing it. And I love the meaning... poet. It's funny how popularity changes. In the 2007 list, Teagan had one of the biggest popularity jumps (not too high overall, but a big increase can mean it will become popular). Then in 2008, it had decreased a lot in popularity. Fickle.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
Old 06-05-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMomma View Post
I'm sorry papa! I shouldn't have used a title excluding the great dads we've got around here!

I love the name Gage, BTW!
haha, oh well.

yeah, we got the name in a really strange way. while my girlfriend was pregnant, we went on a vacation to michigan and we went to a shooting range. the owner of the shooting range had a bunch of newspaper clippings and articles about his business on the walls. there was a picture of him and his family, and one on his sons names was gage. we both really liked it. but yeah, we got his name from newspaper article.

two amazing sons & .
Old 06-05-2009, 05:36 PM

My friends little guy is named Bennett. I think it's great and very Pride and Prejudice though that is not where they got the name.

My oldest DD and my son have very common first names but ds's middle name is unusual, it's his amharic name, Matewos (Mah tee ohss). DD2 is Esmé; named after J. D. Salinger's "For Esmé - with Love and Squalor" and long before the Twilight series came out...

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 PM

My son didn't have a name at all for about three weeks. Then I decided to name him Sasha. It is a local name; I live in Eastern Europe. It fits him, I like it. If we ever move country, it might cause some confusion though.

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiethridge View Post
Our son's name is Cannon.
That's awesome! How'd you come up with it?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:58 PM

We think boy names are really hard, but here are some we have used, and some we like, that are unique here:

Tinius
Etienne (e-ti-Enn-eh)
Linus
Viljan/Kiljan
Leander
Linden
Sølve
Nuor (noor)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM

My son's name isn't common. At least, not in the USA.

I found coming up with a boy's name was so much harder than a girl's name.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

User Tag List