is it ever ok for toddler to be nude in public? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonR View Post
If the couple chose to get married on a public beach (sounds beautiful), then they have to accept people playing frisbee or being naked.... the "nakee" one could have been my DS or DD!
i agree. i accidentally interrupted a wedding in the woods going on my morning walk. i didn't know there was going to be a wedding. SO i just snuck by as best I could hoping not to interrupt...but I did watch as i passed, because weddings are so nice.

A lot of those people didn't plan on being on the beach and walking their nakee boy around a wedding. It just happened.

oh yeah and for the record my little guy (15 months) is nakey everywhere. he's nakey right now. and he was before when i was out pruning the hedges in my front yard.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy68 View Post
I disagree. But I guess it just depends on how one looks at it. It's true that a sexual predator will hurt someone or look at someone no matter what they are wearing or not wearing, but that still doesn't make it okay in my mind to just let my child run naked for that reason alone. Seems silly to me actually to even use that type of reasoning.
It's not reason to allow children to go naked, it's the reason why the possiblity of a sexual predator is not a good enough excuse for some to stop their children from going naked at the beach.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
Old 08-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Count me with those who don't really care but probably wouldn't let my own kid do it because of practical issues (sand, sunburn).

I would not let my own 5yo be naked in public, though. For me I think the line is at about 3/4. I can see changing this standard if we lived in a different country.

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

User Tag List