Has your kid ever given you the chills? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-13-2004, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I was about 17, I was home sick from school one day(I wasn't really sick, I was taking a mental health day), and I was inside on the couch. My mom was outside sunning herself. I SWORE I could hear someone talking to me. It just kept getting louder and louder. I ran outside, and my mom was like "What?", and I said "I don't know, I'm scared." I was embarrassed to tell her I heard voices! I haven't heard anything like that since.
She looked at me like I was a nut.
But it sounded so REAL. I will never forget that day. I'm 35 now.
I also have those weird freaky times of singing some obscure song, then flipping on the radio seconds later and hearing it. Stuff like that.
Ugh. I watch too much Crossing Over With John Edward.
But dang, he fascinates me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2004, 02:35 AM

This is a fascinating thread. My dd has on more than occassion told me of hearing voices while upstairs alone. I ask her who they are, she said, "the ancestors"...
She said she thought it was me, but I was doing something else, she also says sometimes it is a man, sometimes a woman. It doesn't frighten her at all. One time she said that she heard them say "Dinner!" She is a sensitive and loving child. My and dh's parents are deceased, so we wonder if they come here? I wish they would...but then again, I know I would probably freak out. Maybe not.
When ds was closer to 2, we were looking at old pictures and he pointed to my father's picture (which he hadn't really seen before...it wasn't at eye level for him) and said, "that's my Grandpa"...I nearly fell off my chair. Before Ben was conceived I had an ectopic pregnancy. I always felt it was a boy, and mixed with all that sadness, I sometimes kidded to dh, that he had to be a boy, because he lost his sense of direction. I couldn't wait to start trying again and we concieved the second cycle we were trying. I always felt he wanted to come and knew I was praying for him. Sometimes when we lay in bed at night cuddling, I say to Ben, "thank you for coming to me" and he smiles and says, "I love you"...

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 02-13-2004, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mom4tot
Sometimes when we lay in bed at night cuddling, I say to Ben, "thank you for coming to me" and he smiles and says, "I love you"...
OK, now I'm teary eyed!

~Kiyomi~ Unschooling mom to one very chatty, very amazing 7 year old bundle of boy
Old 02-13-2004, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mom4tot
My and dh's parents are deceased, so we wonder if they come here? I wish they would...but then again, I know I would probably freak out. Maybe not.
I have a psychic I talk to every once in awhile and I asked her about my deceased parents... have they reincarnated yet? My father has, my mother has not. So.... maybe they have reincarnated.

Parking Angels - I'm reading a book now... "how to increase your psychic abilities" or something... and it mentions this as a "test" easy way to communicate with your spirit guides... ask them to find a spot for you. Easy and fun.

Answer to original question: not really (loving the stories though). However my son does have an imaginary friend now (with his own name) and he says they play together. I asked another psychic/astrologer and she said it was one of his guides or something. Nothing to fear.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
Old 02-13-2004, 05:09 PM

So here's mine...background first. When I was 7 years old my papa (grandpa) died in a car accident. I was very close to my papa and of all my grandparents he was my favorite, we just fit somehow. I was living out of the country so while my parents flew back for the funeral they left the kids with a family friend. Flash forward, I'm 13 years old and I'm staying with my grandma (papa's wife) for three weeks. The first three nights I was there when I went to bed and the lights were out I would see this "shadow" by the window, except it wasn't dark, it was light. It was in the shape of a person. It wasn't three dimensional, it just looked like a shadow, but opposite (does that make any sense?!). I was scared but not totally freaked, some part of me knew it was papa. Oh by the way, I didn't know at the time anything about his death, just that he died. So finally after the third night of this, I asked my grandma about it. She got very tearful and upset that noone had explained what had happened. She took me to his grave and told me the story. The shadow never came back. I still miss papa very much, but every now and then I can feel his presence.

(love ya papa)
Old 05-08-2004, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

My same little girl from the OP has said her first full sentence. "I see a ghost." and points into the middle of the room. I don't know where she learned the word ghost, or what she is seeing. I've always felt it in her room, though, the really cold spot, the whispering. I've never felt afraid, but I've felt it. I want to see what she sees. Yesterday I took her into my room to get into pjs and she pointed over my shoulder at the window and said, Ghost! I said, "You see a ghost?" and she started saying the word Ghost in a raspy deep voice that reaaaallllly gave me the creeps. I said, "Don't talk like that baby." and got us outta there. That is the ONLY time I've ever been afraid in the house.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:35 PM

:

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 05-10-2004, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyTop
My same little girl from the OP has said her first full sentence. "I see a ghost." and points into the middle of the room. I don't know where she learned the word ghost, or what she is seeing. I've always felt it in her room, though, the really cold spot, the whispering. I've never felt afraid, but I've felt it. I want to see what she sees. Yesterday I took her into my room to get into pjs and she pointed over my shoulder at the window and said, Ghost! I said, "You see a ghost?" and she started saying the word Ghost in a raspy deep voice that reaaaallllly gave me the creeps. I said, "Don't talk like that baby." and got us outta there. That is the ONLY time I've ever been afraid in the house.
I shouldnt have read that. My eyes are watering and Im afraid to turn around now.
creepy
Old 05-10-2004, 12:12 PM

My DS has been doing something that gives me the chills recently. He calls everyone who's not me or his dad and is a grownup "man," and also knows "baby." Sometimes late at night, especially if we're downstairs b/c he's having trouble sleeping, he'll point to a corner, or the middle of the room, and say "man" or "baby." It's not just babbling - it's the same way he points to a baby in the store. If I tell him I can't see a baby, he gets really upset with me.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:18 PM

Oh, During the ds's first year, he would also look up at the ceiling and smile like he is looking at someone. I would get scared and wondered if the angels were going to take him away from me. (It took 7 years to conceive him.)

We have religious icons of Jesus and Mary in the house and he likes to look at them and smile. I think he remembers seeing them...............

This stuff always scrared me..........growing up we lived in an old house that always gave me the creeps......
Old 05-10-2004, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
Who is she?
oh, i have a friend in SF who had a parking angel - a little wind up toy angel on his dashboard who would help him with parking. her name was sophie.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:29 AM

T Not sure if I posted this or not....
Children Recalling Birth

but may make some of you feel better.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
Old 05-12-2004, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Now DD is talking more and more. She said, "I see a hippo!" in much the same way she said, "I see a ghost!" before. I also noticed that as soon as she wakes in the morning she starts saying words. "Mammadaddy! Shoe! Bug! Cup! Horsie!" Maybe it means less than I imagine?
Old 06-05-2004, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

On Monday this week, the girls' caregiver arrived. She sneaked downstairs to the room where they were playing and whispered their names, hiding behind a door. Monica walked up to the door, looked but didn't see her, shrugged and said, "Huh. Ghost." and went back to playing.

The nanny laughed and said, "Hey! I'm not a ghost!" which drew giggles and a running hug from Monica.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:13 PM

In response to Tanibani's link "Children Recalling Birth", I have to say that my ds said something to me when he was 4 yrs old. He said it rather out of the blue. He and I were playing...wrestling around actually...and he said: " I remember when I was inside there", and pointed to my belly.

I have never heard a child say anything like that before. I certainly do believe they have the ability to recall these things....they are after all, fully formed and the brain does function and have a memory inside the womb.

I feel truly blessed to have been with him when he recalled that moment. He told me it was nice and warm, and he could see dark and light.

Kathleen
Old 06-05-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyTop
Yesterday I took her into my room to get into pjs and she pointed over my shoulder at the window and said, Ghost! I said, "You see a ghost?" and she started saying the word Ghost in a raspy deep voice that reaaaallllly gave me the creeps. I said, "Don't talk like that baby." and got us outta there. That is the ONLY time I've ever been afraid in the house.
I am alone at work reading this and I am totally freaked out!! I had to turn on the radio! *deep breaths*

I work in a used bookstore located in a run down old Victorian house that has seen many uses and tenants over the past century or so. There is definitely at least one ghost here, probably more. One time a few years ago, my co-worker David and I were looking for a book someone had ordered, with no luck. (This happens quite frequently in big, disorganized used bookstores like ours. ) He was at one end of the aisle and I was at the other, and we were saying how if we didn't find the book by the end of the day we would contact the customer and cancel the order. At that moment a book fell off the shelf onto the floor and it was the exact book we were looking for. These books are lined up spines facing out like at the library and there is no way it could have just fallen off all by itself. David and I just looked at each other like ! There have been many weird incidents over the past 5 years I have worked here - like, I am getting ready to close the store and hear footsteps upstairs, so I go up to tell the customer we are closing and there is nobody there. Sometimes I get a horrible feeling upstairs like someone is standing right behind me, about to touch me. Downstairs seems OK but the upstairs is a bit sketchy.

Other weird stories: one time I was lying on the couch in my living room reading a book. The TV was off. Suddenly I heard a babble of voices coming from the TV. It started off quiet but quickly got loud, went on for about 15 seconds and then faded away again. I couldn't make out what they were saying. It really freaked me out. While we were living in this same apartment we had a lot of trouble with the TV. It used to turn on and off spontaneously, also change channels. We have moved since and have the same TV and it doesn't do it anymore.

My great-grandmother died 2 months before I was born. I was a few weeks old and my mom said she woke up in the middle of the night and went into my room to check on me. My g-gmother was standing over my crib, looking down at me. When my mom came in she turned around and smiled at her and said I was beautiful, and disappeared.

Cole has had a few times when he was looking and pointing at apparently nothing. It always freaked me out a little but I chalked it up to baby weirdness. Who knows, maybe he's seeing ghosts. I guess they're friendly because we aren't bothered by them - I've lived in the house for over 2 years and haven't noticed anything unusual.

Although - I hear the faint radio-or-TV sounds too, always late at night when everything is quiet. I always figured it was my fillings picking up a station or something. It is annoying - it's just loud enough for me to notice it but not loud enough for me to understand what is being said. Sometimes it seems like the same song is being played for 20 minutes. : Weird, huh?
Old 06-05-2004, 05:09 PM

I come from pretty psychic family. Especially the females in the family are. My dd didn't talk for a long time even though it was obvious she comprehended everything perfectly. When she was a baby (about 7 months) I was at my Aunt's house. My dd was always very social, making little coos, batting her eyes, waving, smiling, pretending to be shy (you know how babies will bury their head into their mama and then look back at the person laughing- kind of a little shy/flirty game). Well all the sudden she starts "talking" to someone very clearly. She was doing everything she does when she sees someone at the store who is talking to her. I saw her making eye contact with someone, but I could not see them. I got chills and I wanted to run away. Tears started welling up in my eyes and I looked at my Aunt and she was reacting the exact same way. I started saying to my Aunt, "Why is dd talking to a dead person. Why is my dd talking to a dead person?!" (I know, I was very spirit world non-PC back then:LOL). It was really freaking me out but I felt that it was my grandma. At the same time I felt it was my grandma (my mother and aunt's mother) my aunt, looking at the exact spot where it was obvious someone was, said, "Hi mom." Then it freaked me out even more. There was just no denying it. I feel kind of silly that it freaked me out so much, especially since it was just my grandma visiting.

My dd does have that glow though. She is amazingly beautiful. People are sometimes speechless around her. People stop in their tracks to look at her. Her eyes shine. I feel like my ds's are intuitive too, but it definatley runs stronger in the females in my family. I've always been pretty psychic, intuitive. I sense things about people, know when things are going to happen, have dreams that come true etc.

My ds #1 used to say some words in German when he was younger. My dd babbled in Chinese as a babe. Sometimes she has hugged me to her chest in a very motherly way and said strange things that make me believe she was once my mother. I strongly believe in past lives. My whole family and one of my very good friends has very weird connections to the same places and events from many years ago.

I have another Aunt who is apparently very open to spirits/ghosts. She has lived in a few different haunted houses. I can tell the stories if you guys want me to.

My parents and my Aunt and Uncle were looking at houses to potentially purchase. One house they looked at they all immediately got a weird feeling from. They went inside and felt a thick, negative energy and found it hard to breath - as if there was pressure on their body coming from all around the house. They all looked at eachother and ran out of the house together. They all felt the exact same thing and agreed there was something "bad" in that house (and this is including my uncle and father who are in no way pyschic). I still live in the city that house was in. It was for sale for a few years and they finally tore it down. Apparently all who entered could feel this negative presence there. Pretty freaky.

Plum, you freaked me out. So did curls (I can't remember the screen name. sorry!). This is quite an interesting thread. I'm sure I'll add more later. I hope this wasn't too much.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:19 PM

Ok, there's something else I have to add. My best friend and I have been friends since we were six. There has been a certain area in her house that has always felt thick, dark, scary etc. It's a very specific location. The end of her hallway (my eyes start welling up even describing it...what is it with the welling up of the eyes and ghosts?). There is a little tiny closet at the end of this hallway. The back of that closet meets the the back of another closet that is a walk in closet off of the master bedroom (which she shared with her mother). I have always felt uncomfortable and a little freaked by this exact area of the house. Well, her mom sold that house about five years ago. About a year ago my friend and I were talking and she starts telling me about this certain part of her house that always freaked her out (ahhh, I'm getting goosebumps even typing this!) and she describes to a T the exact area, location etc. that I have always felt. We never in our 21 years of friendship have discussed it. This exact area we have always felt the same way about though, without ever saying a word. We were really freaked out. She won't talk about it now. I feel bad for her that she had to live in it for so long though. Seriously, can you imagine feeling weird about a certain area of your friends house, freaked out by it for 21 years. Come to find out it's not just you? I mean the EXACT area. The exact location and description of the feelings about it. Can i just say...:
Old 06-05-2004, 05:21 PM

ok, I 've had quite a few and I think they're kewl!

When dd was 2.5 dh's grandma passed away and we were living in her house at the time. Well, we're Jewish and the immediate family is required to sit "shiva" - for a week, where they can't do much, but talk about the person who passed away,etc. At the end of the week they get up and circle thehouse they sat in. We believe that the soul sits with the family and the circling symbolizes the life circle, etc. and that's when the soul finally leaves this world. Well, we were sitting at the window at home and my dd points outside and says there's Grandma (meaning dh's grandma). So I say, where, and she points and says - by the post. So I ask, is she happy? and she says, no, she's kinda sad, she's waving goodbye. Well, we call my mil and it turns out that that was the exact time that they were walking around the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

When my fil passed away, suddenly, I was nursing dd in dh's parents house and I saw him standing and watching us. I KNOW I saw him He was peacefull and happy.

When my cousin was killed in a terrorist attack I woke up the night after her funeral and saw her standing in the room. I felt that she was confused

Should I go on?
Old 06-05-2004, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elana
Well, we were sitting at the window at home and my dd points outside and says there's Grandma (meaning dh's grandma). So I say, where, and she points and says - by the post. So I ask, is she happy? and she says, no, she's kinda sad, she's waving goodbye. Well, we call my mil and it turns out that that was the exact time that they were walking around the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
Elana, yes please go on!

I LOVE these stories. They don't scare me (though I'm glad I wasn't in any of the negative enegy ones - yikes.) They've always intrigued me.

Anyway, Elana, your story reminds me of something....

My half-brother died in Dec. 2002. My half-sister had some gathering at her house to remember him and the stereo turned on by itself playing one of his favorite songs. It totally freaked her out. But it made me feel like this:

Anyway, I talk to a psychic every once in awhile and did "speak" with him (wasn't planning on it, I just had some questions regarding his death.) He said he REALLY MISSED HIS FAMILY (wife and 2 grown sons) AND BEING ALIVE. (So Elana, I can see why your grandmother was sad to go.) He was really anxious to come back (reincarnated.) (I was newly pg when I heard this and freaking out he'd come back to me - too weird!!!!) He didn't want to die, but apparently the way he did (heart attack in pool, then drowned in his early 50s - total shock to everyone) was something he needed to experience karmiclly (sp?)

He said he had help crossing over, he was OK. He visits his wife A LOT (she is still heartbroken.) I told her this a few months ago and she was happy to hear it. She said she felt a) he crossed over and b) his presence.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
Old 06-05-2004, 05:42 PM

Old 06-05-2004, 05:46 PM

nak-more please
Old 06-05-2004, 08:04 PM

I overheard my 26 MO daughter saying the following:

"Your choclate is in my peanut butter. NOOOOO your peanut butter is in MY chocolate..." I said what did you say? and she looked at me like I had caught her - she gave me the strangest smile.

She has never heard this commercial. It's not even on the air anymore and besides, we rarely watch TV. Freaky huh?

My friends DD talks about the man who lives in the house with them and even gets up in the middle of the night to play with him.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:13 PM

I saw my guardian angel. I awoke one night from a sound sleep - a very sudden jerk awake and I bolted upright and there, hovering over our bed was a vapory-white mist with a face that wasn't a human face. It smiled and me and vanished. It emitted such love. I woke up DH and told him what I saw nad he said you dreamed it. I said no, I didn't. Look at the cats. Their tales were fluffed out and so was their fur and they ran around like crazy.

I dreamed the space shuttle blew up the night before it happened. That freaked me out.

I have experienced many ghosts. postive and negative.

I have also had a past-life regression that was terribly disturbing.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:24 PM

Cool story about your Guardian Angel Luckylady. BTW, has anybody read Expecting Adam: A True Story of Birth, Rebirth, and Everyday Magic by Martha Beck? It's about her pg with her Down Syndrome son and all the guardian angel experiences she has during her pg - sooooo freakin' cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady
I have also had a past-life regression that was terribly disturbing.
How did that happen? Did it happen on it's own? Or did someone lead you through it?

I have not... but I am going to see my astrologer who gave me a great reading back in January... she mentioned some very cool past lives and suggested that I come back to see some... especially since I'm pg and more "open" and this would accelerate healing. I'm doing that on Tuesday. I WAS concerned that it would be traumatic, but she reassured me I was safe and it's like viewing a movie.... I do trust her and I am doing it and am confident it will be fine. I'll have a guide.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
Old 06-05-2004, 09:01 PM

Ok...here's some more.

My Aunt N (different from the other one I already talked about) must be drawn to haunted houses or something. Whenever I heard her stories, even though she's a highly credible woman, I always wanted to discount it because it sounded too freaky. Since that thing w/my dd talking to my dead grandma though, now I know!

One experience of hers, this was a long time ago: She was living in an an old house with a room mate. She always felt a presence in the house but hadn't actually seen anything. One morning she woke up and a woman (old fashioned looking w/a bun) was leaning over her bed staring at her! : I mean like 2 feet from her face! The weird part is this didn't scare my Aunt N. She says that there was nothing scary about it, she felt safe, it was just a little weird.

Another thing that happened to her and my Aunt that I mentioned earlier. Aunt N was looking for a new place to live. They showed up to the place (old house) early, before the realtor got there. They heard one of those old parlor pianos playing away inside. It was really loud. They thought, oh well someone must be here. So they're knocking away but no one would answer the door. The music eventually stopped. The realtor arrived. They told him about the piano and he assured them no one was there and the place was empty. The went in, there was no piano to be seen. The realtor told them it used to be a prostitute type parlor. That was the exact kind of music they'd heard. She ended up NOT living there!

Another time she was living in an apartment by herself. She always felt a certain presence. It didn't feel negative necessarily (and obviously by now she was used to "other beings" hanging around) but she felt it was invading her space a bit. One night she was in bed and she felt someone sit down on the end of her bed. She looked over and no one was there but there was an indentation as if someone was sitting there. She was a little creeped. Then later she was taking a shower and distinctly felt like someone was watching her. It wasn't like she felt threatened or anything, she was just getting sick of this constant uninvited presence. As she tells it, she, right there in the shower, yelled out "Ok, I've had it! Look, I understand this is your place too and I don't care if you're here, but you've GOT to leave me alone. I'll mind my own business, you mind yours!" Apparently she never had a problem again. She lives somewhere else now. Don't know if it's ghost free or not. I'll have to ask her...
Old 06-05-2004, 09:18 PM

Oh, there's something I forgot. One of my sisters was a really early talker. She apparently had no sort of distinction between this side and the other. She freaked my mom (and pretty much everyone else around her) out daily. She would be talking or waving and my mom would say, "Dd, who are talking to?" She'd say, "Oh just that nice man with a beard that's standing on the stairs right now." She did this ALWAYS. She doesnt see dead people anymore...just feels them now.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:27 PM

WOW some of these stories are really freaky others cool.
Ok here's some of mine
I had a ghost in my house when I was in high school but he was always in the bathroom. I never saw him, but I knew it was a him. I felt the presence so strongly when I would take a shower. I was always so freaked out that I would take super fast showers and not close my eyes at all. I felt like he was watching me naked. But when I was in my mom's shower it wouldn't happen. Freaks me out just thinking about it.
My Grandmother and me have a special connection, I can feel when she is happy and sad and vice versa. We call each other when one is upset not even knowing something happened.
My mom also told me that when I was 3 that I knew my sister was going to be a girl even though she swore up and down it was a boy and I predicted when the baby was going to be born.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:48 PM

subscribing to this thread. it scares me and intrigues me at the same time.

afro.jpg
Old 06-06-2004, 01:00 AM

When I was 7 my grandmother died in our house, and I was the one to find her. After she passed strange things started happening. The door to one of the closets on my room would open at night (I could hear the doorknob turn) and music boxes would play randomly. Years later, my mother admitted that she believed me when I said I saw my Mimi's ghost walk around the house.

We recently bought a house where the woman who lived here previously passed away in the living room. She lived her whole life in this house, and needless to say I was nervous of changing things when we bought it. (It's an old house, and we renovated for months before moving in. We changed lots of things) I didn't want to upset her (does that make sense?) so I had a little 'conversation' with her before one hammer hit the wall. I figured if that didn't give the house a better vibe, the homebirth we had 3 weeks after moving in sure did.

My high school boyfriend has some good ones - but I'll let Kharen tell them. She's married to him... Oh Kharen!! Tell the story of the little girl!

User Tag List