Has your kid ever given you the chills? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 221 Old 06-08-2004, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I have a few but I'll post the one that happened when I was about 12, in keeping with the puberty thing. A light bulb went off when I read that, I bet that had something to do with it.

I and my mother have always had some kind of psychic energy, whatever. When I was about 12, my friends and I had been messing around with a Ouija board. I was too scared to put my fingers on that thing, though, because I felt too close, too open, whatever.

One time they talked me into it (it was actually mine, of all things, a gift) and *as soon* as I touched it, it started flying around to letters. No one had a chance to ask any questions, it just flew around so fast we could hardly keep up.

It was spelling out obscenities and curses and epithets at ME.

I ripped my fingers off it and it finally stopped. I put it in a bag, tied it shut, and took it to the mall to return it to the store the next day.

Here's where it gets the creepiest, actually. It didn't want to go, I guess. The whole, entire walk through that mall was the weirdest thing that ever happened to me. It was like I was walking through thick air, not fog, because I could see, but just like oil or something.

Horrible, horrible violent images kept going through my head. People that I passed would suddenly sprout huge fangs, or their heads would erupt into like the wolfman, etc. I was slipping in blood on the floor. Going across a tiled bridge on the second floor, the tiles would keep dropping out, and I could see the first floor, the ice skating rink right below.

I wasn't even sure where to keep putting my feet, but I distinctly remember feeling focused and determined, and as soon as that thing was on the counter, everything just stopped.

Isn't that weird? If you met me, you would never imagine that I would dream something up like this, but it happened.

Still to this day has me short of breath and frozen, afraid to turn around. I'm not going to proofread this, the only time ever. Dang, shouldn't be reading this thread so late at night ...

St. Michael the archangel ...
#122 of 221 Old 06-08-2004, 03:52 AM

Here's a nicer one, to put a better thought in my head.

My mother's mother lived with us for a while when I was a very young child, and she loved Lawerence Welk. She would tear up and insist on dancing with me to "Let Me Call You Sweetheart"; I can still hear her old lady tremulous voice, see her pincurls and housecoat.

I hadn't seen her or had any contact with her for at least 15 years, and I remember driving my old beater car home from work one day, suddenly thinking that it was her birthday, and that she had died about a year earlier. As I turned the corner, my radio fuzzed all out, no more classic rock, no more Zeppelin, just static.

Then, a faraway sounding song. "Let Me Call You Sweetheart".

Must have been on an am station or something ...

'Night, Gramma.
#123 of 221 Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 PM

These are fascinating!

My son was born two weeks ago, but I've felt his soul around me for the past couple of years. I always felt like I would have a son first, though during my pregnancy I wavered and was expecting a girl. Everyone at church (I go to a very cool liberal evangelical church that focuses on spiritual gifts a lot) believes that Killian will have some big-time spiritual gifts and be very spiritual. One of my friends at church has a six-year-old girl, and the little girl sees spirits and they talk to her. I can't wait to see what Killy experiences!

I felt a ghost once - I was at a boyfriend's grandparents' house spending the night. It was an old house that had caught fire on three different occasions during the past 100 years! I went to bed and was reading and fell asleep. I woke up very disoriented, and though that my boyfriend was in the room. He wasn't, of course. I read some more and fell asleep again, and woke up disoriented, thinking that his brother was in the room. Again, it was only me. I finally turned off the lights and went to sleep. I woke up awhile later and knew that a man was standing at the bottom of the bed. I thought, "Oh, that's just Phillip." and went back to sleep - I wasn't worried at all. I woke up awhile later, thinking, "Who is Phillip?!?!" No one in the family was named Phillip! I didn't even know a Phillip! But I still wasn't scared and just went back to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I was completely freaked out, though. When my boyfriend came to pick me up, he could tell I was upset and jokingly asked me if any of the ghosts had bothered me! He then explained that there were three different ghosts in the house and that his grandparents knew them all by name - I asked if one was named Phillip, and he was surprised I knew the name and asked if his grandparents had told me about him!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#124 of 221 Old 06-09-2004, 02:24 PM

Quote:
My son was born two weeks ago, but I've felt his soul around me for the past couple of years. I always felt like I would have a son first, though during my pregnancy I wavered and was expecting a girl.

Since we have veered slightly OT - from kids giving us the chills to just chills in general - I thought to add this which reminds me of the quote above.

I am audioclairoyant, which means I "hear" premonitions vs. "seeing" premonitions.

When I arrived back from my first excursion to Egypt, riding along on the subway, I felt something almost grab my shoulder and whisper in my left ear...

Quote:
You will have a son at 28, and his name will be Jacob
So it goes, I file that in my head somewhere and think geez - glad I heard that on the subway versus all alone in my house late at night!!

Fast forward to the Spring of 2001 when I meet my hubby online (which my astrologer predicted) who is - Egyptian no less. Anyhoo I get preggy in 2002 when I am 27. When I told my husband we were preggy he went to the mosque to pray, I reminded him what the "voice" told me. Remind you -- my husband's name is Ibrahim.

When he came from prayer he said "I figured out what the voice meant. Do you realize that Jacob is the son of Ibrahim?"

So lo and behold - yes I did birth my baby at 28. And no she wasnt a boy - but that wasnt the point. Sometime premonitions come in fuzzy messages. I think the voice was telling me aI was going to have the child of Ibrahim.
#125 of 221 Old 06-12-2004, 09:00 PM

Wow, mamas.

I've been fascinated by this thread since its creation! I had never had ghost experiences before, but I'm starting to. Or perhaps I've just ignored or not been in tune with the sensations that these spirits bring until now...
I've started working one afternoon a week at this great little organic grocery/gift shop in the small town I live in. The building is around 100 years old- an old adobe, 2 story house. The family who owns the business has been telling me all the ghost stories they have from there...and today I heard some voices (couln't understand what they were saying), footsteps, and other noises. Each time I heard something, the woman I was working with would look at me and ask if I'd heard it- at one point we were looking at each other and felt super creeped out, as if we were being watched. I haven't worked alone there yet, but I will start next Saturday.

So, how do I deal with these ghosts? Aparently they mean no harm, they are 2 little girls and an older woman...I was thinking of just talking to them and telling them that we can peacefully coexist.

Do any of you have any stories where you have co-existed with ghosts and not felt threatened by them?

jill
#126 of 221 Old 06-12-2004, 11:29 PM

My DH and I have always felt that there is some "leftover energy" from the from old man who lived in our house before we bought it. At night when dd and I are rocking and looking at books, sometimes she'll point to something that I can't see - sometimes even follow it with her eyes for a few seconds.

It looks as though her eyes are focused in the middle of the room, then she goes back to what she was doing again!

I think it's kinda cool. I really feel that Louis (the old man) is still around the house, and I bet it's him that she's "seeing".
#127 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 03:48 PM

My experiences haven't been all that exciting compared to many here, but I don't want this thread to die!

My ds is 4 months old and he babbles. Usually it's "ooo" or screaming "yah" then laughing, or trying to mimic me. The other day he was sitting on my lap babbling to me, and he said "I like." I asked, "what do you like?" and he said "God." My heart skipped a beat!

I can't wait until ds can talk so I can ask him if he remembers God or where he was before he was born!
#128 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 04:13 PM

: I love this thread also. I'll help keep it alive too - although these experiences have never happened to me personally...

My father's family owns a big old farm in Indiana and the house is really old. Back in the day, "Grandma Britz" was stoking the fire and her dress caught in flames and she burned to death. That area of the house was subsequently renovated. My grandmother has nerve damage in her ears and is almost completely deaf. She was vacuuming one day and felt someone touch her leg - she thought it was my grandfather trying to get her attention. She turned and no one was there...
In this same house, my dad and uncles when spending the night hear "parties" going on downstairs. Faint music, tinkling of glasses/silverware, conversation. Makes my eyes water thinking about it...

In college, one of my best friends lived in the dorm room next to mine. Both of our roomates were gone one weekend so she spent the night in my room. She woke me up right after this happened. She said she was dead asleep and for some reason woke up and opened her eyes. She saw sort of a face across the room. She blinked and when she opened her eyes again the face was inches from hers. She took a breath from the surprise (like a gasp) and she felt her whole body go cold and tingly. She woke me up crying and shaking... She thinks it was her brother who died when he was 11 in a house fire. It was a tumultuous time in her life and she thinks he may have come to her to kind of say "D- wake up! Get a grip!"

Another college friend claims that the ghost of an old woman inhabits her parents house. She simply stands at the linen closet refolding towels. My friend's bedroom door, when open, faces the closet directly. C saw this woman for about a week straight when she was 13 (again that puberty thing!). For whatever reason she would wake up in the middle of the night that whole week and see the woman. The woman would just smile at her and keep folding towels. C never thought to shut her door at night...

Keep 'em coming. I love these stories ~
#129 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 05:40 PM

"I sleep with a fan on at night because otherwise it sounds like there is a radio or tv on in the other room that is just barely audible.. I can't sleep trying to figuire it out"

I've only read to this point so far but I had to comment. I have the same thing!!! That is so weird! I always have to have white noise or I swear I can just slightly hear conversations going on. It really freaks me out sometimes, sometimes I hear it over the fan. I was nursing my daughter the other night and I could hear talking but I couldn't make out what was being said. I went out to the living room thinking DH and DS were watching tv or talking or something and they were outside. Weird!

The other thing I personally have is..hmm.. I don't know how to say it. I can read people. The strongest I have ever had it is when I was 17 I had to go to a urologist (I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis) and I hadn't seem him before. My mom and I were in the waiting room and this man walked out. He was wearing a white, looked like a lab coat. I felt physically ill and said to my mom if he's the doctor i'm leaving, that man is a child molester! I was so adament about it my mom didn't even question me. Luckily he was not the doctor. My grandmother, father, sister and I are somewhat psychic. I could go on and on about all the odd things that have happened.

About my kids Elijah is definately something special. When he was born he was 6 weeks early and he was airlifted to the city to the NICU. When I first got to go see him (4 days old) I walked in and I could just see this light around him. Its hard to explain. I just knew he was/is going to be something special. As a baby he would smile up at the ceiling and jabber away. One night when he was just over a year we were in his room in the dark and he was having a bottle. All of a sudden he pulled away and giggled. I asked what and he said lights, pretty lights and kept pointing up the corner. He is very perceptive and sensitive.

My daughter has something about her that people notice. I don't know what it is exactly. I don't think that I have ever been out with her when I haven't been stopped to hear how beautiful and amazing she is. When people see her they smile. Even I do it. Every time I look at her I just think she is so beautiful. And its not just because I'm her mom, I don't mean beautiful phsyically, I can't describe it, there is just something about her. We were at Walmart today and I was stopped 4 times so people could look at her and talk to her. I always make sure to try and include my son so he doesn't feel left out. But I've had people looking depressed or stressed see her and just smile a serene smile. One day an old woman touched Olivia on the head and said you just can't help but look at her can you?

Okay now I will atttempt to go read the rest of the thread. I'm only on page 2!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#130 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 06:04 PM

Okay I am on page 4 now. I totally forgot another one with my son. About 4 months ago he said to me "when I was a little baby I was cold and scared and I cried for you but you didn't come. I wanted you and looked around for you but I couldn't see you. Daddy was there but you weren't and I was so sad." When he was newborn he was 6 weeks premature and he was airlifted to the NICU. I was in another hospital seriously ill and I couldn't transfer. My DH was with him as much as possible but I wasn't there until he was 4 days old. When he said this to me I was shocked but just knew that's what he was talking about so I said "I'm sorry sweetie, I wanted to be there but I couldn't." Since then he will say it with a sad look on his face and I always tell him I'm sorry and that I came as soon as I could. There seems to be a piece of him that doesn't fully trust that I will always be there for him and I believe thats where its stemming from. I just wish I knew how to heal that pain for him.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#131 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Sorry, I haven’t read the thread but my DC has done a similar thing. She hasn’t don’t anything that’s given me the chills in quite a while but when she was younger she seemed to “see things” ~ I can’t explain it. Also, she talked about my aunt’s breasts when she was going through a mastectomy and she was only a year old.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#132 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 06:43 PM

Okay I have some more, hopefully someone is still reading this thread.

When my sister and her DH were looking at a house my parents and my DH and I went with them (they were moving to the area where we already lived). We went to one house and when we walked in ALL of us felt really freaked out. I am really sensitive to this stuff and I ran out, everyone else came out a bit after. My dad turned to my sister and said you are NOT buying that house.

My sister's daughter who is 5 is autistic. When she was around 3 months old my sister was holding her and she said Mom I love you. Clear as day. We all just about fell over. She did not say another word until she was 3. She has recently exploded verbally and is now talking in complex sentences. When she said Mom I love you for the first time my sister about fell over because it sounded the same.

I have so many of these stories. My dad worked in a building that used to be an old jail house and there was a ghost there. They named him George and my dad said that he wasn't mean, he'd just walk around and he whistled all the time.

When I was 17 I had a nervous breakdown after being dumped by a boy who had abused me (he had really broken my down). I had a dream where there was an old woman in older style clothes sitting on a porch swing and she said to me "Its all going to work out. You'll be fine." I woke up feeling very peaceful. I described her to my mom and it was my mom's aunt who had died years before I was born!

Have to run, baby's standing on the table again!

#133 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 08:14 PM

Wow Heavenly, those are really neat stories. I have to ask, where was that house that you were describing? It sounds like the same thing that happened to my parents and Aunt and Uncle. Creepy. (Did you read that one yet?)
#134 of 221 Old 06-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Banned

I haven't read the entire thread but Julianna came to me in a vision two months before she was conceived.

She looked just like she did as a young baby. Large blue eyes that bore into my soul.

Anyway, we were praying a half-hour ago and she asked me to pray for Michael. I'm in earnest prayer for Michael (her cousin.) She asked G-d to help him not cry at home and help Michael.

I have the chills but I know something is up with Michael even though I haven't been told....yet.

Debra Baker
#135 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 12:06 PM

Wow! Great stories!

Debra -- I will keep Michael in my thoughts, keep us updated!
#136 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 PM

I didn't think I had a personal one but I just realized I do after reading the post above about the daughter coming to her in a dream...

When I was pg - after my ultrasound we were told something was wrong with Hannah's brain -- needless to say we were completely distraught and distracted until we went in for ultrasound 2 so they could tell us what that something was. It turned out to be choroid plexus cysts - little pockets of spinal fluid that resolve themselves around 24-26 wks of pg.

Those weeks between ultrasounds were so awful. I couldn't bond with my baby or be excited about my pregnancy because I was terrified of losing her. One night I had a dream where I could see inside my womb. It was dark and liquid but I could see her. I was checking her out limb by limb and I could see her face and head and I knew everything was okay (that's when I knew she was a she - it was never confirmed by ultrasound - dh announced the sex at birth).

It was so reassuring - she or SOMEONE - was able to help me cope by letting me see that she was okay and everything would be fine... When she was born - she looked just like she did in my dream.
#137 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 12:52 PM

i love reading all the stories. My mom has this six sense and when she feel anything out of the ordinary. Once, we were going from one aunt to the another aunt house. About 1hr away. And we arrived at a stop. Mom told me that she had a weird feeling about my grand-parents and to watch for their car on the side of the road. We turn and continued to drive. i think maybe abour 15 min later, we see a gray car on the side of the road. Grandma was there. their car had broke down and grandpa went to get help and call my uncle. Now I think wow but then it was like nothing special happen.

Also one time, I work for a placement agency and they place me for a one day job at a center for americans indians. One guy, an older man called. I was doing reception. He asked me a bunch of questions like: Is there a little girl with me, in the receotion area, i told him no, he then ask if there was a little girl who died in my family, told him no, he then said that he saw a little girl next to me. I told him no. And how could he see her when he was calling from the other side of the continent. He told me that he was a shahan(sp) and that he saw things. He also ask me if I beleive, which i do. Well, I pass him to someone that could help him. He pass a message to her for me. the message was that my first born was going to be a girl.

Well, my first born is a girl.

My chiro says that dd1 is a special girl, and everytime that he see her he tells her and just find her beautiful. He told me about the book crystal children (not sure what the book name is) One of the lady wrote it in this thread. Well, now I want to go buy the book and read it fast.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#138 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 01:03 PM

I forgot to add that dd1 talk like we should understand her. It's was funny when at first she would look at you, point her finger at you and then give you a speech. lol We totally don't know what she says but after she is done she shake her head up and down like we understood her.

And now that I read this thread, I saw that others children talk in other language than what is spoken at home. Well, I think that dd1 does that too. I wonder which language it is. Not french because we talk to her in french and not english because we understand that one too. hmmmm....

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#139 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 02:38 PM

I can add a couple of stories that happened to people I know.

My dh's business partner planned a trip with his family to go to England. After he made the plane reservations, his wife completely freaked out and insisted they not go. He thought she was acting irrational, but he agreed to change their destination to France. His wife freaked out again, insisting they not go, although she could not give a particular reason why -she just had a very bad feeling. Frustrated, he finally canceled the Europeon trip all together and they went to Florida instead. It turned out that by an odd coincidence, one of the flights was the same on both trips -that plane crashed and everyone died. The story about their family even made our local newspaper.

Another friend of mine had the three worst nights of his life over the span of a year. The next morning after each of those nights, a friend of his called to ask if he was going to be ok. Each time she said he came to her in her dreams the night before and asked for her help. Oddly, before that year, it had been six years since he had last spoken to her. He said she was always very intuitive. The subject came up because I was telling him I had dreamt about him, and he told me he also dreamt about me the same night. Collective unconciousness?
#140 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 02:55 PM

That's really neat Hanahsmom

Kind of in the same thread as the pp's my Aunt was once driving with all of her children. She was waiting at a red light. When it turned green she literally heard a voice tell her "Don't go!" She was confused because there was no one coming and her light was green. Then she heard the voice again so she stayed there. Suddenly a huge 18 wheeler came barrelling through the intersection running a red light. They would've been killed for sure.
#141 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 03:26 PM

I once babysat for this 2 year old kid when I was in college. He was talking, but not in sentences. We were sitting on the porch and he turned to me and said "You will die in water". Scared me to death! Still scares me actually 10 years later.

ellen - who avoids boats
#142 of 221 Old 06-15-2004, 03:47 PM

OMG Ellen that is Freaky!
#143 of 221 Old 06-16-2004, 03:27 AM

Still trying to get thru 8 pages of posts! But before I go for today, I thought I would add my story....

My mum has always sworn she 'feels' things, or 'knows' things. The night her brother was badly, badly injured in a car accident, she sat up in bed, wide awake & gasping & knowing he'd been hurt. A few days later we realised that she woke up at the exact same time the accident occurred. There are other cases as well.

I sometimes get 'funny' feelings about places. I've got an outdoor site right now where I'm doing some research, & I DO NOT like to be at this place on my own. I'll do it if I have to, but I don't like it. I've had shadows swoop past me, no wind, no birds- nothing, & been left with the hair on my arms standing straight up. I think it may have once been a significant or sacred site- not sure tho.... I also once lived in a house where I'm sure it was haunted. And nasty too. I once woke up (or was it a dream state?) to a man hovering over the bed, holding a shiny long-bladed knife. I couldn't wake up, yet I could see everything. Fuh-reaky!! I remember it like yesterday, & it was 15 years ago. My boyfriend at the time didn't believe me. I'm sure it was real.

ANd now, DD seems to know stuff. I would never tell this to DH, as he would laugh endlessly at me, but here goes. We live in a house that's over 100 years old. it has a long history, been moved from another town, etc. etc. Well, just after we moved in, my DD, who was not yet 2 at the time, said something like 'Look at that lady, mummy'. Me:'What lady?' She: 'That Aboriginal lady standing by the bathroom with the pink dress on.' (she was a verbal child- still is). It is entirely plausible that an Aboriginal woman once lived in our house, altho I've never checked.... DD's knowing things stopped for a while, but lately she takes great pleasure in reading my mind. the weird thing is, she's often right, even knows the words I'm going to use, even if I haven't said anything about whatever topic it is.....

WHatever else I may or may not believe in, one thing is for sure..... I believe in ghosts. And spirits. Don't know how that fits in with my mechanistic world view, but nonetheless, I'm sure they're there.......

Aussiemumhippie.gif (40), DH caffix.gif (39), DD reading.gif (13), & DS 2whistle.gif(11).

#144 of 221 Old 06-16-2004, 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=StarMama]I LOVE the idea of the parking angel!

I was too scared to be without ALL my covers. I remember one time laying in bed, petrifed, and seeing a short "devil" appear on my toy chest. He was red, and had horns and glowed. It was VERY real to me, and I was VERY scared. QUOTE]

OMG--This *Same* thing happened to me when I was about six years old--except, there were two of these 'little devils' and they had a 'scroll' of some sort that they wanted me to sign--??? That is just NUTS!!

Alayna

Alayna
mama to Braden (9), Caleb (3) & Julie (16 mo)
#145 of 221 Old 06-16-2004, 11:11 PM

Woah! Totally bizarre! Wonder what the scroll was about?

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#146 of 221 Old 06-17-2004, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
When Rain was 2 and 3 she would occasionally mention things that had happened "when I was the mommy and you were the little girl". She was very matter-of-fact, like she thought for sure I'd remember. It was like she was talking about something that happened last week.
Dar
My cousin used to say the exact same thing to my aunt! freaky!

My cousin also said she saw our (died a few months earlier) grandfather drive by and wave to her.. I think she was about 2 or 3 then.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#147 of 221 Old 06-18-2004, 03:25 AM

Oh, man. Some of these stories are freaky.

I wanted to comment on this one, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff
This happen to dh. He said we were both sleeping and then he woke up. He said he couldn't really move but figured he was tired. Then he said he heard someone walking up my stairs and calling my name. Stephanie. He said He tried to shout out to them and move(because he was in his underwear) he thought it was my Mom. He kept trying to move and then he realized what was going on. He said he started to panic and scream at me but nothing would come out. He said the foot steps were getting closer and he was freaking out in his mind because he felt he needed to protect me from who was coming up the stairs. He said he couldn't move and it felt like there was something holding his chest down. He said once the foot steps got to the door he was able to move again. The footsteps were gone and noone was calling my name. He didn't see anyone but was COMPLETELY Freaked out.

Steff
This sounds like something that has happened to me my whole life. It's a phenomenon called sleep paralysis. It's where you have a dream but you are waking up at the tail end of it, but your body stays paralyzed. Yet you are not fully awake enough to be sure it's still a dream so it feels very, very real...and you remember it quite well when you finally wake up.

Anyway, it's not uncommon. It is very scary to experience. I think that may be what your dh experienced--the feeling of something sitting on your chest or holding your chest down is a hallmark of this phenomenon.
#148 of 221 Old 06-18-2004, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly crunchy
the feeling of something sitting on your chest or holding your chest down is a hallmark of this phenomenon.
This has happened to me too. It was horrible. I literally couldn't breath. It was when I was trying to fall asleep though. I hadn't even fallen asleep yet.
#149 of 221 Old 06-18-2004, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAllNatural
This has happened to me too. It was horrible. I literally couldn't breath. It was when I was trying to fall asleep though. I hadn't even fallen asleep yet.
I think it can also happen at the beginning of sleep. I used to transcribe sleep studies and I remember the doc mentioning that a lot.
#150 of 221 Old 06-18-2004, 05:28 PM

Quote:
It's a phenomenon called sleep paralysis.
Ugh. This happened to me too. It was terrifying! It was a couple of years ago and I was at my dad's house. I felt like I was in between awake and asleep, and a large, dark, form that I sensed was evil came in through the window and sort of hovered over me. I couldn't move a muscle, and I couldn't speak. I tried really hard to move, and to call out to my then boyfriend (now DH) who was down the hall, but I was completely paralyzed. Finally I mustered a noise through closed lips, and that brought me to a more awake state where I could move again. I went down the hall, woke my boyfriend up, and made him come sleep with me! (Shh..Dad still doesn't know LOL)

Anyway, I was telling my dad and his wife about it over breakfast, and they thought it was an incubus, although it didn't do anything sexual, just hovered there paralyzing me. My dad's wife said she had an incubus that visited her alot when she was dating my dad (who was married to my mom at the time ), and she felt like it was a punishment for that. It would also come in through the window, but it looked like a man, and he would beat and rape her. Her friends told her to pray about it, and she did, and it stopped.

I love reading these stories! Keep 'em coming!

Carrie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page