7 yo w/sore in mouth, between baby teeth - need advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought son had a canker sore on his gum. Could still be the case, but not so sure now. Started out as such. Swollen area in between two baby teeth. Definitely painful. Treated with solution. Seemed to go down. Stopped giving treatment for 1-2 days...came back, but looks different. Brownish area on gum in between 2 teeth. No longer swollen. Says no pain. But disturbing looking and bothersome to him (he can feel it so I guess there must be some swelling or raised area). Looks almost like a cavity? But not on teeth. Concerned. Giving solution again. Considering swabbing with apple cider vinegar. That will hurt, hope it won't inflame it. Anyone ever see something similar? If it doesn't go away, will take to dentist, but prefer not to have to. Help!

loving a small homestead with DH and DS (12/2005) keeping it natural, frugal and back to basics :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like what happened to me a couple of years ago, turned out to be a gum infection. The dentist explained that a piece of food or something may have gotten wedged in under the gum line and caused an irritation and a place for bacteria to breed.

The brownish area may be pus under the skin (gross, I know).

I got some relief from antiseptic mouthwash but it quickly progressed to where it was too painful to eat or even hold my mouth a certain way. It required a trip to the dentist and a course of antibiotics to clear up completely.

mama to Joey (1/04) and Teddy (4/08) :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page