cute things LOs said - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2009, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I immagine this has already been done before, but how about sharing some of the funny/cute things your LOs have said?

Some from my 6yo:

DS meets the postman out on the street: "have you anything for me?'"
Postman, leafing through his pile: "who are you"?
DS: "I'm my daddy's son"

At a playground to an older kid who also asked "who are you", DS replied, a little irritated at such an obvious question "I'm a boy!"

I'm travelling for work and tell DS that I will be in Paris. DS in a dreamy voice "oooh, Paris! Where the Aristocats are!"

DS asks what "parliament" is. We have already talked about laws, relating to who are police, traffic safety etc.
Me: Well, DS, who makes laws?
DS: You do!

I show DS a new necklace and ask him if it suits me.
DS: You look beautiful whatever necklace you wear.
Me: Oh DS, who taught you to say such sweet things?
DS: You and daddy, you are almost perfect parents.
(True story. On the other hand he has also told me "mummy you have more pimples than a witch!"

Once when he was about 4, to someone who asked, "My mummy's name is firstname surname". Then to me, "I know your name because I know you very well."

also when he was smaller:

Mummy I love you more than daddy
Why?
Because you are softer.

go on, share yours!

read.gif WOH wife to heartbeat.gif, mother to myviolin.gif 8yo and one cat.gif who thinks he's a dog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Aww, that's cute!

From my almost 5yo:

He was on the phone to my grandma, and told her that after his swimming lessons, he got to get in the "cat pool" - get it? the kiddie (kitty) pool? lol (I'm still not sure he knows that it's not a *kitty* pool)

A bunch of months ago, he heard me say something like "It blows my mind that people do x."
It took me a few minutes to connect it when he said "It blows the brains right out of my head"

He's heard dp say recently "those were the days". So when he and dp were talking about when they were snowboarding last winter, he said "yep, those were my days".

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Old 06-23-2009, 04:14 PM

DS says cute stuff all the time, but my latest favorite is that at night when I'm lying in his bed with him, he says, "Mommy, you'll always be my baby." :
Old 06-23-2009, 04:20 PM

My little cousin said this to our dog after he pooped on the floor, "Max, you don't poop on floor.... you poop in your pants!" (This is when she was in diapers) HAHAHAH!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:20 PM

Aw, mamas, these are all so adorable!! :

Last year when my grandson was 3 years old, I was taking him to a birthday party at the mall. I was trying to find a parking place and he says out of the blue, "this is where the cars hide." It took me only a few seconds to realize what he meant as we were driving by the parking garage!

Near where I live in the city there is a small two lane road between two neighborhoods. On either side of this road are a bunch of trees and he likes to say that we are in a forest.

I wish I could remember some more!! I love the funny and innocent stuff that comes out of the mouth of babes!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:22 PM

Not my own LO, but a good friend's: She was babysitting two kids, about 7 and 4, I think? Anyway, they said they learned the Three R's at school and she said, "Cool! 'Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic'!" They looked at her, appalled. "Uhh, NO. It's 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'! Jeez." They went on to berate her about the fact that Writing and Arithmetic don't even begin with R anyway. She tried to explain, but eventually gave up.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Quotes from my DD, who will be three in September:

"Oh look! I have really tiny little mommy milks!"

"My butt really had a long day."

"I don't want to go to school, I want to go work in the city."

"I can't read that, it's in French." (DD doesn't even read English!)

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Oh, and another secondhand one (Lily is preverbal): A friend's son was singing "Row Row Row Your Boat" one day and she over heard his sing the last line - "Merrily merrily merrily merrily, like a spider dream."

I *always* think of that when I hear that song now. Ah, merry spider dreams!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
One morning I was driving DD to preschool and she said, "I tooted in my mouth" and laughing hysterically, I said, "What???" And so she repeated it...it took me a minute to realize that she was describing a burp the only way she knew how!! It was so funny!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
One morning I was driving DD to preschool and she said, "I tooted in my mouth" and laughing hysterically, I said, "What???" And so she repeated it...it took me a minute to realize that she was describing a burp the only way she knew how!! It was so funny!
HA! That reminds me of another! A friend's son came running up to her one day holding out his hand, saying "Mama! My hand is . . . spicy!"

. . .

Figure it out yet?

. . .

His hand had fallen asleep. :
Old 06-23-2009, 04:57 PM

DS1 was showing DS2 (2 yo) some dandelions and DS2 picked one and smelled it. Then he asked DS1 "Did someone hammer these in?"

DS2 still nurses and recently asked what the names of my parts were. He decided to use his own names for my parts, though. He calls breasts (and nursing) "momo," the areola "raveola" (the same word he uses for ravioli), and the nipples "tiny momo." Now when we eat ravioli, and DS2 says, "I am eating raveola" it cracks me up.

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
Old 06-23-2009, 05:11 PM

On Father's Day as the kids gave dh his presents, ds2 said "Daddy, what are you going to get me for Little Brother day?"

When ds1 was about 5yo, he and dh were playing pirates. Ds1 ran into the bathroom, and a few minutes later we hear "Arrgh matey, I pooped."

Ds2 says "Oh my goshes." When I do something that he doesn't like, he tells me his heart has grown smaller for me. When I do something he likes, he tells me his heart is soooooo big for me.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsCradle View Post

"I can't read that, it's in French." (DD doesn't even read English!)
At Christmas my DS said, "I want chocolate. FRENCH chocolate." No idea where he got that.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseDuperre View Post
Not my own LO, but a good friend's: She was babysitting two kids, about 7 and 4, I think? Anyway, they said they learned the Three R's at school and she said, "Cool! 'Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic'!" They looked at her, appalled. "Uhh, NO. It's 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'! Jeez." They went on to berate her about the fact that Writing and Arithmetic don't even begin with R anyway. She tried to explain, but eventually gave up.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Old 06-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Oh, there are so many gems, but here are a few that come to mind:

4.5yo DD is convinced that the ABBA song Waterloo is really "Walk-a-doo" which she proudly belts out as she struts around the house.

When she was about 3yo, we were visiting relatives and she used the f-word, which must have slipped out of my or DH's mouth at some point. When my SIL asked her what she just said, she whispered, "It's a bad word in Egypt" (we were in Egypt when she was 2.5yo, so we must have told her there that it was a bad word).

One day she told me that I was fat...when I told her that it was not nice to say that to people, she told me, "not all over, Mommy, just your boobies".

When she was much younger, she saw DH naked and exclaimed, "Daddy has a tail! Girls don't have tails, only boys!"

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

Old 06-23-2009, 06:55 PM

LOL love these threads I can't think of any funny ones right now....

A sweet one, first thing she said early in the morning
"I love you every much in the whole world mama"

DH said 'you're getting so big and old'
disgustedly: "i'm not OLD! "

In the bath
"DON"T wash mine armpits, ONLY mine body."

When i told her she can't try rollerskating until she is bigger
"I eat lots get bigger bigger, get numnums (breasts), get a ring (like a wedding ring), drive a car, play with my crayons all by myself!"

One from several months ago- We had been talking about God and creation, and a few night later there was a full moon. DH asks her "Who put the moon in the sky?" she answers "Mama put that there for me!"

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM

DS says mine too!!

We found a kitten under a bush in a park after a bunch of nasty storms, DS picks up the kitty and says "this is mine best friend!", and "this is mine favorite kitty!". Needless to say, the kitty now has a new home- we couldn't take away his best friend, favorite kitty!

Here is a pic when he said the first one:

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/P1030871.jpg

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:23 PM

DD has always come up with some real gems. She's always had a thing about wanting a big butt. We can't figure this out, but she's been that way since she was around 2!

When she had just turned 4 I was in the kitchen one day. She came up to me and this was our conversation. Mind you she was sincerely being as sweet as can be.

DD: Mommy, one day I'm going to be big like you!
Me: Yes dear, you will.
DD: And I'm going to be all grown up!
Me: Yes dear, yes you will.
DD: And when I'm all grown up I'll have a BIG BUTT just like you!!

Earlier this week I was pulling weeds in the garden and DH was hanging around talking to me avoiding chores. He had a 3 prong garden fork and went to toss it in the ground, missed, and stabbed himself in the leg (not his most graceful move!) DD asked what happened and he said he was trying to be cool and hurt himself instead. So, so earnest she replied "That's ok Daddy. I'll teach you how to be cool without getting hurt!"
Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM
iot

On father's day, I served myself a bigger dessert than I could eat. My husband said to my daughter (4 years old): "Mom's eyes are bigger than her stomach", to which DD responded, after looking carefully at me for a few seconds: "Noooo... that's just her glasses!"

We had a good laugh!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:59 PM

Okay, my son is preverbal, but I do have some good ones from my friends' kids.

One friend's daughters, 6 and 4, are playing with Brodie. I had him in a tie dye shirt I made with cherry cool aid, so it was kind of pink.

4yo: Brodie is SO pretty!
6yo: Boys can't be pretty!
4yo: Well *I* think he is.... cuz of his pink shirt!

and another time, when we hadn't been over in a few months, 4yo sees Brodie and asks "Is he still Brodie?"

Another friend's son, 6 at the time, was living with me during my first pregnancy. 2 from grocery shopping:

In the baby food aisle, he exclaims loudly "This is what the baby will eat when it's done sucking on your boobies!"

And when I say we need waffles:

Him: "Waffles?! If you say waffles one more time, I'm gonna go CRAZY!"
I look him in the eye: "waffles."
He runs down the aisle waving his arms in the air "I'm crazy! I'm crazy! I'm crazy!"

and taking in groceries:

Him: I bet your husband could carry ALL of these groceries!
Me: probably so.
Him: He CAN'T be stronger than MY dad, though.
Me: Why not?
Him: Cuz my dad is BLACK!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amma_mama View Post
When she was much younger, she saw DH naked and exclaimed, "Daddy has a tail! Girls don't have tails, only boys!"
That reminds me of the best EVER. I can't believe it wasn't the very first one I though of!

Friend's daughter sees her dad naked coming out of the shower and exclaims, "Daddy! What happened to your vagina??"

Take THAT, Freud. Penis "envy" moment indeed.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Me (getting ready to leave the house with ds): Please remind me to show you something when we get back.
Ds (4y/o): OK mom, I'll help you find it.
Me: Find what?
Ds: Your MIND...

It took me a moment to realise ds didn't understand the word remind...

caffix.gif

Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 AM

The other day in the grocery store, my 2 year old shouts out "it's a pirate, it's a pirate!"...to the lady walking by with the eye patch (as in recently had surgery or whatever). He was so excited to see a "pirate" lol.

caffix.gif

Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 AM

These are all so precious!
Ahnna looked at dh the other morning and with all seriousness told dh (who was lying in bed shirtless) 'Daddy- you has weird boobies'. I've been laughing ever since.

Mama to Ahnna-Bella (Dec 05) dust.gif, Harrison (Oct 08) kid.gif, and Kellan Wilder (Jan '12) baby.gif

Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 AM

DS (2.5) cracks me up, and I love this age! Here's a few:

He had a circular piece of fabric that he folded up, and said, "look! An olive!" (meaning oval)

We're potty training, which has led to all sorts of penis talk. His latest was, "when I pull my penis, it feels like tiny spiders tickling me all over."

And another penis one: "I'm trying to make it stand up like an elephant trunk."

He loves the aquarium and noted, fFish live in fish tanks and manatees live in manatanks."

And a sweet one:
DS: Mommy, you know why I love you?
Me: Why?
DS: Because you are so beautiful!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajean56 View Post
We're potty training, which has led to all sorts of penis talk. His latest was, "when I pull my penis, it feels like tiny spiders tickling me all over."

And another penis one: "I'm trying to make it stand up like an elephant trunk."
tarajean these are great!

My DS, 32 months, makes comments about his penis being fat.

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:04 PM

My four year old was taking dog food out of the dog's bowl and putting it in the middle of the kitchen floor, to feed the dogs by hand. I asked her to stop. She continued to do it...

So I asked her "how many times am I going to have to ask you to stop that?".

To which she paused, tilted her head, and answered, "Twice?". Eh, it struck me as funny anyways.

We raise our kids "free range", meaning we know there's no one waiting behind every bush to abduct them. I overheard my four year old telling my one year old, right before she was going to go upstairs to get a toy, "Don't worry, no one will come and take you!"...

I know my lessons are getting through! LOL!

SANDRA, 41 year old VERY laid-back mama to VERY free range kids Brett (16), Justus (11), Autumn (4), and Ayla (1)... four perfect NCB's! :::
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I had my son at the office with me for an entire day last week because his pre-school classroom had flooded. I hoped that a cup of herbal tea would keep him occupied for a while, and it did, but not in peaceful drinking; he wanted to do experiments moving the tea back and forth between two cups and a spoon. On my desk. Six inches from my computer keyboard. Standing so close to me that he kept bumping into my elbow as I attempted to work. : I was getting very irritated about his spilling tea on my desk and the possibility that he would spill more and get it into my keyboard (as well as about the fact that he was chattering constantly and demanding responses from me, while I was trying to answer an important e-mail!) and he was getting very defensive about how he was NOT going to spill it. Then he dribbled some more tea onto the desk, and before I could say anything, he said,
"That's not a spill. It's just a codnessation."

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 06-24-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheaded_Momma View Post
tarajean these are great!

My DS, 32 months, makes comments about his penis being fat.
DS told me that when his penis stands up, it has an ankle at the end of it
Old 06-24-2009, 05:49 PM

This comes from a friend's daughter, as the 2-year old was being weaned from the breast.

Girl, lifting mommy's shirt: "Milk please??"
MOM: "Sorry, honey, Mommy has no more milk"
Girl, lifting mommy's shirt again: "Juice??"

User Tag List