So...before we were parents...some of life's little luxuries for us...
1. Spending all weekend in our PJs in bed, playing scrabble, watching ABC and occasionally getting up to scrounge around for food to eat...
2. Long breakfasts spent chatting, flirting, etc...you know, we used to have very funny and interesting things to say!!
3. Leaving things around on the floor and coffee tables...wherever, you know!
4. Going to bed whenever we wanted.
5. Picking up and leaving to go to the mountains or out to breakfast...we could go from sitting around the house to out the door in as little time as it took me to throw on a hat and a pair of flip flops!
Now that we've had kids, our ideas of "little luxuries" have drastically changed! Some of our new favorite little "sweet stuffs" in life:
1. Getting a couple of gulps of hot coffee in the morning, before the mug has to be put up out of the way...only to be forgotten and finished cold! God those few little hot gulps...they are SO sweet!
2. Watching the sun come up with a baby who doesn't want to jump right out of bed first thing...that is so sweet and nice...enjoyin the calm of the morning with my warm girl in my arms, just watching the sun come up on the trees!
3. A sleepy kid who goes to bed early on a day when mama and dada happen not to be too tired for grown up time...
4. Driving somewhere alone in the car and pumping the music up loud...not even because I ever really liked to listen to it loud....more just because I can because there is no little person in the back! It makes me feel WILD! I turn on Alanis Morrisette and jam out, loving every angsty moment of her! And if people look at me funny, for jammin; like that...I think "who cares! There is no "sharing song" in MY car today mister!"
5. Sleeping through the night. <---- Sweetest thing I know.
6. The feeling of a clean house, when I'm sitting in my chair, listening to the sound of *nothing*, and my body is not moving....that's sooooo nice.
So...what are some of the indulgences you used to enjoy....and how has your list of "life's little sweetnesess" changed since having kids?