Anyone's DC have Child Health Plus? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am asking because I'm in the process of signing up DD. We have her insurance under Cobra but in addition to it being too costly for us to afford her pediatrician accepts Hip Child Health Plus. I found out I can fill out the application and mail in the supporting documents (i.e. copy of birth certificate, proof of address etc.). I keep getting several different answers from the state and from HIP. The state tells me that not only do I not have to put down her SS # but our SS #'s are not necessary either. When I called HIP directly I was told the state requires them to have her social (no problem if this is the case) and ours too but the application states they only need our numbers if we are applying for insurance. If anyone has gone through this would you please tell me what procedure you followed? Thanks. I am in NYC by the way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page