If Your Kids Had/Have a PB Anywhere Chair... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Or something similar) How long did they use it? Do you think it worth what you spent?

I'm thinking of getting one for DD. Especially to use in her reading corner. But I'm not sure if she'll grow out of it too soon to spend the money.

Thoughts?

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#2 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 02:27 PM

I guess it would depend on how much it costs. I bought my DD (15 months) one from Babies r us and she likes it mainly for climbing, but will probably use it more as she gets older. She would probably fit in it until grade school.

Daryl~~ to Troy~~SAHM to Skylar (5/21/09) and Dylan (9/23/09)
#3 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Interested in hearing replies too... I would love to get one of those chairs for DS.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#4 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 PM

Not worth the $$, IMO, for something that sits on the floor and can't grow with your child. I ended up consigning ours.
#5 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 PM

DD got the smaller sized one (I think it's called My First Anywhere Chair) as part of a shower gift, and because she's small for her age, still fits in it at age 4. She uses it in several rooms, because it's small enough and light enough to drag around by its handle. I don't know if I would've bought one, but I love having it. My half-sister and nephew both have the larger one and use them too (Isabelle still uses hers at age 8).

That all being said, they get mostly used for watching TV/movies or doing things (coloring, games on the laptop) that can be done on a coffee table. If you don't have this height of table or don't want your kids watching TV/movies, I don't know that it would be as useful.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#6 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM

I thought this was about peanut butter when I saw the thread title! (like needing a special chair because pb was so messy or someone was allergic!)

anyway we have a little kid arm chair, that rocks (literally, its also a rocking chair and figuertively, it is quite cool), but I trash picked it.

Many of the adults in our home can fit in (i can't ) so I suspect ds will be able to fit in it for a while yet. Ds likes to read in it sometimes (he's 2)
#7 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM

I got one at the local thrift store. All the kids, ages 1-7, love it. There is no way I would pay full price, it's not worth that much.

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

#8 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 07:59 PM

We got him a blue recliner at a local store that is meant for up to 7y/o. It's great and very sturdy (at Christmas a friend of ours sat on it the whole night even though it was so short)

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#9 of 9 Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 PM

We bought one for our first dd. She'll be 7 next month, and still loves to sit in it and read. Our youngest dd is 18 months old and uses the chair every day, too. I even bought a second cover so I can move the chair to different rooms and have it fit in.

I think it'd be pretty easy to buy just a PBK slipcover and then cut large pieces of foam to fit inside to save some $$. hth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page