Any ideas how to make a theater resume for a child?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2009, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My daughter is auditioning for a musical theater program on September 14 called Broadway Babies (ages 5-9). She is supposed to sing a musical theater song (I am thinking Castle on a Cloud from Les Miz) and I am also supposed to make a resume of her experience and attach a picture. The picture isn't a problem (although I have to take a new one because she just got 9 inches cut off her hair) but I honestly don't know how to make a resume for her. If someone has any idea that would be great.

Her info:
3 years of dance
3 years of gymnastics (recently accepted into advanced gymnastics program)
2 years of piano
1 year of choir
soloist in end of year school program
speaking part and choir in Christmas program

Thanks for any help!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 06:56 PM

List her name, her birthdate and her age in Sept (6 1/2, right?)
Follow this with contact info (phone number, your e-mail), and parent names

Then I'd have three categories:
Musical Experience/Instruction

Dance and Movement Experience/Instruction

Performance Experience

Don't do an "objective". They sound stupid on adult resumes and would be even sillier on something like this.

ETA: I'm pretty sure if you google, you'll see examples of this. Since your daughter has no actual theater experience, there isn't going to be a lot to put on there for now.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Old 08-29-2009, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

What do I title it? Just "Resume"? Do I write the beginning information in paragraph form or point form like: Name, Date of Birth, Age, etc?

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
title it with her first and l ast name, bolded, centered, and in a larger type than the rest. contact, age, height, weight, hair, and eyes go at the top, usually a slightly smaller font than the rest of the stuff. you can put it all together, or align half on the left, half on the right. music and dance/movement are good categories. include the instructor(s) or schools. So..

Dance/Movement
-<name of class> <type of dance> with <instructor>
-etc

Music
-Piano with <instructor>
-etc

Special skills and Interests
bike riding? swimming? sports? drawing? juggling? british accent? animals? takes direction well? outgoing and friendly with others? anything that is a positive quality, skill, or something she loves goes here!

eta: i should mention this is kinda off the top of my head, I haven't looked at or updated my resume in probably 4 years at least

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

User Tag List