Things other moms do with their kids that you would hate doing with yours - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

#211 of 212 Old 10-20-2009, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 212 Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
We do this. Mainly Music, it's called here and it's very common - mothers, the odd father, plenty of grandparents and nannies take their kids.

I hate it a lot less than I expected to, actually. It's fun ogling the other babies and it makes me feel like a Real Mother, because I'm pretty slack about playdates/going to the park/swimming lessons/baby ballet/all those other enrichment activities cool mothers do. Mostly I just hate having to get out of bed, get ready and walk there by 9:30AM. Oh, and remembering to have the $3 cash it costs per week (including morning tea, so by no means a ripoff, I just don't tend to carry cash).
NZD $3, not USD (at least not when we last went in June before going overseas) . But our Mainly Music wasn't the sort of sit around in a circle with the baby in your lap, moving babies arms to music. I know that because that (the circle-type) is the ONLY sort of get-together/class/playgroup thing we can find where we live now, in Sweden. We sit around in a circle, the leader is sitting in the cricle to, we sing, no background music, only get up to dance around with baby in arms at the end (babies are 10 month-19 months old). But afterwards theres morning tea, and then a lovely play room, which is worth it to us (There aren't a lot of SAHMs around here).

Mainly Music was much more open; a large room, no circle, a lot of up and dancing to music, playing with instruments, scarves, parachutes, having theme days with dress-up, photos etc. Kids of varying ages from newborns to 5-yos - so someone to look up to for the little ones. Lots and lots of props the kids got to hold, play-acting. Background music and the leaders wore headset mics. An overhead projector showing the lyrics. New cool songs introduced. And only pay when you are there, don't have to pay per term. Visitors welcome.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page