Do you and or your DD sleep without underwear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you and your DD sleep without underwear?Since it's just the 3 of us girls DD6&DD9 we just sleep with nothing on.Unless when the weather is cold we just wear a nighshirt without underwear under it most of the time.

My DDs wear a nightshirt like this one..Or sometimes just a long nightshirt when having a friend over for sleepover..
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11021977

In our household since it's just 3 of use girls including me, casual nudity isn't an issue that both of my girls including me we don't wear any underwear just to be comfortable.When the weather is hot they wear nothing to bed.

I'm wondering if this is common especially here in America since I was raised in a household indoor European standards of modesty lifestyle since both of my parents are European born immagrants now living in Canada..
#2 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We all wear PJs to bed (I looooove PJs, and we all have lots of them), but we don't wear underwear underneath.

I thought that was normal because it's how I grew up, but my SIL was here a few weeks ago and saw me getting my DS dressed for bed, and she expressed surprise that he doesn't wear underwear under his PJs. I got a confused look on my face and told her that I don't either and she didn't say anything, so I thought maybe we're just weird.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#3 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 PM

I don't have daughters. I used to not wear underwear to bed but now I wear underwear because I don't like waking up with a foot nestled in an awkward place. I mostly wear just underwear to bed though unless I'm really cold or something.

Live and love with your whole being.
#4 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 PM

I grew up (in USA) in a household with similar ideas toward nudity. My mother wasn't shy about walking around naked and now in my own house I'm pretty casual about clothes (especially now - 3rd trimester, summer, 'nuff said) and my DD isn't required to wear anything she doesn't want to....being naked is nice. Sometimes comfy jammies feel really good and under those circumstances I'll wear them....but naked feels best to me most of the time for sleeping...so we go with that. DD MUCH prefers sleeping naked with no covers, even when it feels WAY too cold to me in the room, she's just like her Dada!

So...yeah, we be nude in our sleepings! DD wears her dipe, but that's it and I don't wear anything. Dada usually wears a tshirt, but nothing else.

I have woken up with a foot nestled in an ackward spot...but my love of naked sleeping outweighs my pain at a little toenail scratching something not meant to be scratched (omg, EVER!)...and so, we press on as per usual: naked and lovin' it!

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#5 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 PM

I definitely don't sleep in underwear. Poor dd is still stuck in a diaper but no undies for my ds while sleeping! I think sleeping in underwear is killer uncomfortable and growing up my mom told me you needed to give your parts a chance to breathe at night--girl or boy. I totally agree and tell my ds the same thing when he's putting his PJs on.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#6 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 07:57 PM

I would say I wear undies about half the time - but when I do, it's all I wear. I cannot tolerate wearing anything else to sleep.

DD, she usually wears PJ's and undies.

I didn't hear about airing out and not wearing underwear at night until I was a grown up, and honestly, it seems kinda odd to me

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#7 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Unless we're out somewhere in public during the day, I don't really care if my kids wear underwear. Actually, if they are wearing long pants, I don't care even if we are leaving the house. I sometimes go commando during the day, and at night I have no real uniform. Sometimes I go to bed fully dressed, with underwear, bra, pajamas. Sometimes I wear just underpants. Sometimes I'm naked. And any combination of the above. I just don't think it's a big deal being dressed for sleeping.
#8 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 PM

None of us wear underwear when we sleep. Our bodies need to breathe!
#9 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:28 PM

no nothing in bed and I walk around the upstairs naked, as does my husband, when going to bed and waking up - let's be clear here!!

::::
Welsh Mummy to My long awaited beautiful boy and girl. Proud Wife of my best friend.
#10 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 PM

While I would love to sleep naked again (and DH would love it to), one or both kids frequently still ends up in bed with us and that makes me uncomfortable, so I wear panties to bed. But nothing else unless it is freezing (this is San Diego, so like maybe 2x a year). Lately its been really hot and the kids have worn undies/boxers to bed, but nothing else. In slightly cooler weather they will switch to PJs or a nightgown without undies. Our rule is you have to have somthing that covers your genitals if you get into bed with anyone else. If they sleep in their own bed all night they are welcome to sleep nude and DS sometimes does.
#11 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccajo View Post
I don't have daughters. I used to not wear underwear to bed but now I wear underwear because I don't like waking up with a foot nestled in an awkward place. I mostly wear just underwear to bed though unless I'm really cold or something.
: (except I do have a daughter) I couldn't help but lol @ the foot nestled in an awkward place because I've so btdt.
#12 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nothing under my night shirt over here. Things need to breathe & I find if I wear underwear too long I get irritated along the elastic lines.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#13 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 PM

I usually wear underwear. I just find it more comfortable. When I was eight or nine my mom suggested that I start sleeping without underwear, but I didn't like it.

Both DDs always wear underwear with nightgowns, and most of the time with PJs, though not always. They're 4 and 5 and don't always do a fantastic job wiping so the underwear serves a hygienic purpose with that. As well, they'll go outside and play in the morning in their pjs, in our very visible backyard, and they really have no modesty at all. I imagine that our neighbours appreciate them wearing underwear with their nightgowns.

Julie - Mom to Elizabeth (Libby) age 6, Penelope (Penny) age 5, Elliott age 29 months, and Oscar who is 1 year old!
#14 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
growing up my mom told me you needed to give your parts a chance to breathe at night--girl or boy.

My mum told me that too!

I also recall, hearing years ago about a Japanese study on sleeping with underwear. I can't remember the details. It was definitely negative though. Something about how the elastic waistband affects digestion or circulation or something.....

so no underwear here

and
#15 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericka1999 View Post
Do you and your DD sleep without underwear?Since it's just the 3 of us girls DD6&DD9 we just sleep with nothing on.Unless when the weather is cold we just wear a nighshirt without underwear under it most of the time.

My DDs wear a nightshirt like this one..Or sometimes just a long nightshirt when having a friend over for sleepover..
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11021977

In our household since it's just 3 of use girls including me, casual nudity isn't an issue that both of my girls including me we don't wear any underwear just to be comfortable.When the weather is hot they wear nothing to bed.

I'm wondering if this is common especially here in America since I was raised in a household indoor European standards of modesty lifestyle since both of my parents are European born immagrants now living in Canada..
I don't like to sleep in clothes. Sometimes in the winter I wear a long chemise that I made, nothing underneath. And I did grow up in the US. has nothing to do with my upbringing, just my personal preference.

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#16 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM

I wear boxers or pj pants to bed, but I don't wear underwear underneath. A lot of the underwear I wear wouldn't be the most comfy to sleep in. I'm more comfortable these days sleeping in clothes so I don't often sleep naked anymore.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#17 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 08:58 PM

i wear some kind of bottoms to bed (shorts, longs etc.) but no underwear. dh sleeps buff. ds1 wears pj's but no undies to bed. most summer days ds1 wears no underpants under his shorts or whatever esp if we're going to be home all day. ds2 is still in diapers but he'll prolly go ds1's way when he's older. i just find the whole elastic thingies on underwear too uncomfy during the day even, so definitely not at night.
#18 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 PM

I was raised between Great Britian and USA, but that doesn't really matter since my parents, my mom especially since she's really the one that raised us, was very prude and strict and controlling and overprotective.

Both my husband and I sleep completely nude. My daughters still both wear diapers to bed because they can't control their bladders while they sleep.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#19 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM

I don't have a DD but that wouldn't affect my choice. I HAVE to wear underwear and I also wear a bra. I feel too uncomfortable without. Hubby just wears pj bottoms.

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#20 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Banned

We all wear underwear and pj's to bed. (no bras)
#21 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBaBa View Post
so no underwear here

so graphic! :gasp: oh no!

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#22 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM

My toddler still wears diapers to bed. I tend to sleep without underwear on unless we've got overnight guests.
#23 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:25 PM

I frequently sleep naked, and rarely wear underwear to bed. I will occasionally will wear just a t-shirt to keep DS from twiddling my breasts all night, but really it is just to keep him away. I would sleep naked every night if I could.

I do put DS in pj's, but he tends to move around at night A LOT. He is also pretty skinny and I like our bedroom to be as cold as possible, so if he isn't pretty bundled, especially in the colder months, he wakes up blue and shivering. : Actually, I usually wear PJ's to bed in the winter, but they are light even then, and we sleep under a HUGE wool stuffed comforter.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#24 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:25 PM

No undies to bed here. After wearing them all day, I like the chance to air out. I usually wear pyjama pants and a t-shirt...and a bra when I'm nursing (feel like I need the extra support).

Mama to Sunshine (9/06), the Duke (4/09), and little chickadee (9/12).
#25 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 PM

I only have a son, but my night time attire has nothing to do with the sex of my child. I wear a nursing tank, underwear and PJ pants every night. DH wears just underwear, and DS wears a diaper/wool cover and a long sleeved t-shirt. We like our bedroom cold and I usually have to let the dog out at least once in the middle of the night. I'd really rather not give any night-owl neighbors a free show.
#26 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 PM

DD and I never wear underwear to bed - usually we wear pjs or nightgowns, but nothing underneath. Going commando under clothes is also pretty common around here. I do require dd to wear underwear to school.

I got the habit from my mom (she also told me the breathing skin thing) but we were not a naked family by any means. My mom is very modest and I don't ever remember seeing her naked. I don't believe I've ever seen my older brother naked either.

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years
#27 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 PM
srs

It keeps changing for me. When I was a little kid, the rule in our house was that if you had a nightgown on than you had to have undies too. When I was a bit older my grandmother told me the "airing out" thing, and I usually wore pajama bottoms and no undies, and a t shirt and no bra. Ever since my third trimester with DD, I've wanted the support of a bra at night, and weirdly, with this pg I've found myself wearing undies at night more, because they seem comfortable.
DD generally wears undies under her jammies, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind being naked.

DD 04/07 DS 12/09
#28 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 PM

I sleep naked EXCEPT for underwear - prekiddos I slept totaly nekkid a good bit. I don't generally wander around my house nekkid though, cause' I now have 2 little boys, AND we live with my dad.. and umm... running into him nekkid would just not be cool, yk At night when I have to goto the bathroom I generally nab a t-shirt on the off chance of him getting up to goto the bathroom at the same time
#29 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:53 PM

... I don't usually wear underwear at all :

I love sleeping naked! DP hates being naked but oh well. And DD is usually naked or in her diaper. In fact, unless we are leaving the house, or having people over, she's never in clothes. And even then she isn't always dressed

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#30 of 72 Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 PM

I don't wear undies or not b/c of the kids but....

Am I the only one who thinks about having to run out of the house due to a fire or intruder? Totally nuts, I am sure! I loooove to sleep nekkid but am resigned to wearing a night shirt and panties, "just in case". It sounds so silly as I type it as I am sure no firefighter would laugh at me if I was naked and my house was on fire.

Dh on the other hand wears underwear since DD was born. I guess it just makes him feel more comfortable since our queen bed is tight quarters.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page