ADD Support Thread *THREE* - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 284 Old 04-19-2010, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm around!

Just had a Webster session with a local chiro, and OMG, I think it worked. I'm super lopsided on the left and it doesn't feel like there's a spider in my belly any more. SCORE.

Otherwise, just waiting and trying to get stuff done before baby. I feel like I need to get this recording done in the next 24 hours... I don't have any reason to feel that way, but I'm getting a bit panicked.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#272 of 284 Old 04-19-2010, 10:36 PM

nesty-nesty!! Yay about the webster technique working! now, just don't sleep on your right side!

If you go into labor anytime the next three weeks, I should be super available!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#273 of 284 Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
nesty-nesty!! Yay about the webster technique working! now, just don't sleep on your right side!

If you go into labor anytime the next three weeks, I should be super available!

I darn well better go into labor in the next 3 weeks!!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#274 of 284 Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
I darn well better go into labor in the next 3 weeks!!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#275 of 284 Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
You're a sick, sick woman.

#276 of 284 Old 04-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Hey all. Well, I did it. I am now taking Wellbutrin. It's only been not even a week and of course I can't tell any difference yet. I'm actually feeling a bit more down. It does NOT help that my DP is home during the day now. At least before I could kind of do my own thing, even if that meant nothing. Now he is there to see me be down and I don't think he really cares that much. At least not that he shows. He is one of those kinds of people who think that I should just be able to snap out of it.

Last night I was kind of excited because I told him that I wanted to have kind of a schedule for around the house, like what goes on during the day. And the schedule he came up with was by the half hour, on a write/wipe board so that we could schedule each day the night before. I was like, WHOA buddy, that's not what I meant. I meant more of a loose idea of what the days will look like. So then he was all annoyed that I didn't want to do it his way and then I felt even worse. Thanks dude. It was my schedule idea to begin with and I"m sorry but I don't want to schedule every half hour down to the minute. That would drive me CRAZY. So then he said he was all mopey because he feels I won't follow through with it. Jeez, thanks for the vote of confidence. So I just went to bed. Today, I did not follow through with it cause I'm still feeling really shitty from last night and frankly he can kiss my .

We are not doing well. He came with me to my last counseling appt but he still just doesn't get it. I'm not sure he ever will. When do I just give up? I'm so tired of expecting from him and being let down time and again. I'm sure he could say the same about me. Maybe we were just not meant to be. I have no idea how to talk to the guy. And I have no idea how to put into words how I am feeling so that he can understand. Can guys ever understand? Or am I asking too much? Should I not feel this overwhelming desire for him to understand me and my life?

Sorry for the ramble, do you think I should post in PaP?

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#277 of 284 Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 PM

I so hear you cody'smomma. My dh would LURVE a schedule like that and I would shrivel up at the thought. EGADS! We actually had a very similar thing happen, too., but I started the conversation talked about a very very loose schedule. I still don't think he 'got' it but I was VERY vocal about how I hate schedules and coudln't believe that I was going to try one. (hmm, haven't really been doing it much lately :rollseyes)

I really feel like for some people ADHD has the biggest impact on managing relationships, communication and the kind of couples conflicts you are referring to. I can't blame all my communication problems with ADD but I am starting to see how it makes things more challenging. I mean, it's kinda hard to communicate somethign with others when I don't even know the answers for myself.
Of course, no one can say what is too much or when is too much, but maybe knowing that some of the challenges are likely linked to ADHD might help- at least I feel like for me that might mean I can learn to manage my communications to function better. I really have just started looking for helpful resources so I wish I had something to suggest. Maybe I'll stumble across something useful, but right now I'm plugging away.

I've only started to learn that there are so many things that I let bother me about dh that doesn't bother him AT ALL, so I waste a lot of energy thinking he is mad or annoyed at me, and he isn't. Maybe he was angry or annoyed, but his angst usually lasts about 30 minutes and then he's done (99% or the time). I however, would carry that yucky feeling with me for days. It is not easy to unlearn stuff like this. The problem related to ADD is that I can't even put my own feelings to words, certainly can't express them to him. If I try to talk about things I muddle everything up and focus on the wrong things and nothing gets resolved. It becomes really hard to talk about things when I'm emotional about them, and almost as hard later on because I'm thinking too much about it (what I said, he said, what I meant, what I should have said, what he might have interpreted, how hard it is going to be to talk about it, any time something similar happened etc.). I give up before I even explore how _I_ feel about it.

Anyways, if I do have some time to process stuff and think about stuff, I usually find that I have over reacted, I havn't communicated anythign specific to dh, and he's not aware or he's done with the issue. If I'm still effected, than I need to fix it myself or involve him and at this point I sometimes still see the challenges- either not being sure how to communicate or not wanting to manage the steps I need to take to communicate with dh (so thus the I'll take care of it myself because it is easier than getting someone else to do it). Now someone w/o ADD might not have to deal with all these extra points that get me stuck. At least that's my theory.

I suppose some people are partnered with someone who takes more initiative or is helpful- I can wish that my husband was this way, but he isn't- he wants/needs me to talk clearly, let me know my thoughts, and even give him a clear demand. I just have not learned to communicate that way.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#278 of 284 Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Sorry, I have a leechblocker installed on Firefox and my MDC time was about to expire... had to send that off before I lost everything I typed. Lovin' how i can just override it by using another browser, but it does help keep me aware of how long I'm on the computer.

I'm not sure if my post is very helpful at all. I got carried away with to much examples about me.... and I don't mean to imply that the problem is all on one side. Of course, the other partner needs to facilitate conversation and take a responsibility to do this.
I think what I meant to say is that I have just discovered that the ADD does effect and I've started to guess that my husband needs to learn how my add effects our communication.
For us, I think a bit of this is the 'missing link'. We might not have to tackle the whole thing and find the complete solution, but like everything else with ADD I hope that if we find a few tools (some for me, some for him) it will get easier.

Keep us posted, taek care,
Jessica

Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#279 of 284 Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM

AARRRGGHHHHHH!!! I just lost my WHOLE POST!!!!!

BBL.

Niemals Gewalt
#280 of 284 Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 PM

Smee and waiting2bemommy, LMK if either of you want me to do your placentas. Mine was in the fridge for a week before I dried it, and then it was in the dry Vitamix for 7 months waiting for me to grind it to be encapsulated. I can still tell it helps. PM me your # and I can call you. I will be gone a few days here, so don't just mail it, oh duh, don't have my address. But seriously, I'll do it for you all.

Cody'smomma, I use stuff that's been in the freeezer for ages, meat, etc, unless it's been freezerburned.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#281 of 284 Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 AM

smee had her baby!!! - a little girl

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#282 of 284 Old 04-26-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

..... and Heidi was the most amazing doula! She was born yesterday at home at 9:34pm after 26 hours of labor. She had a nuchal arm (yes, the whole arm, apparently), but I had only a few tiny skid marks - no tears! She's already nursed, and is just the most beautiful thing.

#283 of 284 Old 04-28-2010, 05:37 PM

I have to say that was one of the most phenomenal experiences of my life.

Sara, I agree w/you. Her hand had to be up over her head or in front of her face. It was after you said you had felt something move that your labor picked up. I think that's when her arm came down by her ear, and then you made progress.

I was seriously pushing with you!

You were amazing!!!!!

Cody'smomma and Jess- I am so sorry I never got back on here to answer your posts. I hope both of you are in a better head-place now.

Here's my newest development... I love Ativan!!

Matt's still job-hunting, and we are out of cash. sigh.... thanfully our income tax refund is comeing soon, but we will still have racked up some cc debt by then.

Henry- Ds1- has an IEP meeting that Matt and I are to attend on Friday. Its to determine services for him for speech. On the up end of things, I have been hearing him use the 'F' sound!! But he has 2-3 other to master. Then we'll start getting him evaluated for ADHD. blegh.

Niemals Gewalt
#284 of 284 Old 05-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Ok, new thread!!!! Thanks Heidi
NEW THREAD HERE:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1222936

But, fist- I LOVED the birth story from both of your perspectives, I can't believe i didn't comment earlier. Yea!!! Congrats!! Beautiful!!!
I've been hoping to find time to chat here, but now I'll just hop on over to thread 4(-; But not now, lo asleep in my self, I need to go to the bathroom, I need to clean up the kitchen, and leave to pick up ds in a few minutes. AIIIGhghhg!! -Jessica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page