So what is your child going to be? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My mom is making costumes for the kids. Dd (2.5y) is going to be a witch and ds (2mo) is going to be a black cat. However we've had several halloween events to attend already and since we don't have the costumes yet (my mom lives 400 miles away and we'll be spending halloween with her) we've had to improvise in the meantime. For dd's school halloween party she wore her red riding hood costume from last year, and for Halloween story time at Border's she wore her pink tutu and leg warmers and was a dancer. I love Halloween and hope that dd let's me pick her costume for a couple more years still.

Jennifer, mama to darling dancing Juliette, and sweet baby Jameson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Dinosaurs. The 4yo is a T-Rex and the 2yo is a triceratops. I got the costumes half-off at KMart - I am in awe of all you creative mamas!

A, wife to R, mom to 3 boys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and welcoming a baby girl in May 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#93 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hunter is going to be a turtle.
#94 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 01:56 PM

DD (10) is going to be a bowl of Mac and Cheez. She'll have a laundry basket w/a hole cut in the bottom and it will sit around her hips. We'll cover it w/paper and paint a label on it (like Easy Mac, even though we never eat anything but Annie's, lol--does Annie's make a microwave single bowl thing?). We're painting toilet paper tubes cheesy orange. She'll have a wrapping paper tube that I'll cover w/duct tape and make tines like a fork. Then I'll glue mac and cheez on the tines. If we have enough 'noodles' left, we'll make a hat.

Ds (8) is going as a Clone Trooper.

Dd (3) is either going to be a black kitty, a ladybug, or a bee (if I can find the last 2 costumes).

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#95 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 02:37 PM

Dd (almost 5) will be Princess Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty.)

Ds (2.5) will be Yoda. He's obsessed with Star Wars right now and this is the last year the Yoda costume will fit so we HAD to do it!

Mama of three.

#96 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM

My oldest, 16 is going to be a flapper for a theatre party.

My youngest is either going to be a tiger or a ladybug.

I don't have a costume for my son but he insisted he wasn't dressing up. He's 14. Doesn't look like he's going to be home for it.
#97 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
DD (19) is going to be a Bond girl.

DD (12) is a Pixie biker chick (for want of a better description). Here's a photo as she wore her costume to a Halloween climbing competition this past weekend.

DS (9) is a warewolf, complete with a very scary full-faced mask!

#BeBrave
#98 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM

We were going to be a family of pirates, but I made DS and DH matching kilts so I guess they will be Celts. Dh said they could be extras from Braveheart but I refuse to let him "paint" the baby Now I need to decide if I will still be a pirate or what.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#99 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 PM

7 YO DD will be a bride(POSSIBLY a zombie bride...her idea....ewww) and 10 month old DS will be a heart breaker...tehehe. I'm going to the fabric store to get an iron on heart, cut it jagged like down the middle and iron it on a white tshirt...wish I could find a REALLY cheap leather baby jacket...tht would be cute!
#100 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 PM

DS is going to be gnome. I'm also going to turn his wagon into a toadstool. Hopefully he will keep the hat/beard on long enough for a picture.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#101 of 103 Old 10-28-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2 View Post
DD (10) is going to be a bowl of Mac and Cheez. She'll have a laundry basket w/a hole cut in the bottom and it will sit around her hips. We'll cover it w/paper and paint a label on it (like Easy Mac, even though we never eat anything but Annie's, lol--does Annie's make a microwave single bowl thing?). We're painting toilet paper tubes cheesy orange. She'll have a wrapping paper tube that I'll cover w/duct tape and make tines like a fork. Then I'll glue mac and cheez on the tines. If we have enough 'noodles' left, we'll make a hat.
i've been reading this thread aloud to dh- some highlights-
poop! mario and luigi! dead cat! wood stove!
but the mac and cheese really peaked his interest. we've got to see a picture of that!
and yes i believe annie's has an easy mac type thing. how long have you been collecting empty tp rolls??

ds 9 mos is going to be a cheetah. he has a little fleece cheeta snowsuit my mom got him on clearance over the summer, so no $$ this year!

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#102 of 103 Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 AM

DS is going to be a dinosaur. Won the costume on ebay for £1! - So chuffed!
Here he is!

Has a tail and everything - and it will keep him warm!
#103 of 103 Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post
i've been reading this thread aloud to dh- some highlights-
poop! mario and luigi! dead cat! wood stove!
but the mac and cheese really peaked his interest. we've got to see a picture of that!
and yes i believe annie's has an easy mac type thing. how long have you been collecting empty tp rolls??
Here's where I got the idea... (not my dd)

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes...e-costume.html

I have been collecting tp rolls for only 2 wks. Um, we've had a bad tummy bug complete w/diarrhea, so no problem getting enough, unfortunately.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page