Do you iron your children's clothes?

4K views 120 replies 112 participants last post by  quester 
#1 ·
This can be a spin off of the spin off!

So do you iron your kids' clothes?

#54 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teensy View Post
I almost never iron my boys clothes, but my daughter has had several outfits that had to be ironed. Some of her Gymboree dresses would wrinkle up like crazy (and the dryer trick didn't suffice). One of her "Girl Detective" line pleated dresses was super adorable (especially with the beret and pink boots) but it absolutely had to be ironed before wearing.

I try to avoid buying clothes for everyday wear that need ironing, but do still have a few outfits that are just too cute not to buy and wear, even if it means I have to iron them.
This (I know exactly what GD outfit you are talking about!
). We have had a few dresses from the summer lines that absolutely needed ironing. Sometimes, they are just too cute to turn down. I try to stick with the knits, though. But I don't put things in the dryer, so they are kind of crunchy for a few minutes of wear. If I had the time, I'd iron, but I don't.

#64 ·
I iron DH's work shirts, because it is a dress code requirement. (Ugh). I don't iron DD's clothes unless it's a fancy dress that needs it. I rarely iron something for myself.

#65 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Had a houseguest a week or so ago who needed the iron... was quite the scavenger hunt to find it and the board...

-Angela
Board? What is this "board" of which you speak?

#66 ·
I see several posters saying they iron their DH's dress/work shirts. I tried doing that and after about 30 minutes per shirt, I realized that for $2.25 a shirt it was well worth it to send them out. Seriously, I don't care how good you are at ironing, a lone human being cannot replicate a commercially starched and pressed shirt unless they own a mangle.

Hie yourselves to the nearest dry cleaners and liberate yourselves!!!

#73 ·
Nobody's clothes gets ironed in this house. I purposely do not buy clothes that will need ironing, heck I don't even buy clothes that need dry cleaning. I do own an iron that I bought for transfers but I can't even get that right. No matter how closely I follow the directions it still doesn't transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Had a houseguest a week or so ago who needed the iron... was quite the scavenger hunt to find it and the board...
-Angela

Not sure where my iron is right now but I do know the board is in the garage. Goodness knows how much dust is on it though. You're up the creek if you want a hairdryer though. Never use one to dry my hair and haven't replaced the last one after it burned out mainly because I haven't needed one to dry paint with yet. My MIL couldn't believe that I didn't know where my blowdryer was when she needed to borrow it and now knows that she needs to bring her own when she comes to visit.

#74 ·
Yes, I iron their clothes. I really prefer to take extra time with their laundry, stain treating, hang drying and ironing. I will admit that lately I have felt overwhelmed with things to do, though, and have been just washing and machine drying and not ironing. I feel bummed because I can really see the difference in how well their clothes are holding up since I got lax about it.

#75 ·
My iron is ONLY used for 'pearler beads' and other such crafts.... I'm sorry but....I seem to be lacking some magical hand eye coordination that is needed to properly iron. The few clothing pcs I have that need to be ironed go to the drycleaners every month. Well worth the $2 per pc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.