Do you iron your children's clothes?

4K views 120 replies 112 participants last post by  quester 
#1 ·
This can be a spin off of the spin off!

So do you iron your kids' clothes?

#4 ·
Quote:

You're kidding, right?
I dont even iron my own clothing. The last time the iron was even plugged in was about 9 years ago when I made a dress and wanted to iron out the wrinkles.

#7 ·
Grrr. Grumble, grumble, grumble....

That means yes. Well, DD has decided this year that nothing but dresses will do. I think over the summer we sometimes got her into shorts, but she turned five and girly and there's nothing we can do about it. Anyway, she has a couple of favorite dresses that are a bit fancy, with a sash that ties in the back.... and they really need to be ironed. So every couple of months or so, I drag out the iron and do her dresses. When she sees them back in her closet, she's all
and it makes me feel guilty that I didn't just do it earlier.

Now it's wintertime and her long-sleeved dresses don't need to be ironed, so I should be all set until summertime.

Now if only I could throw away all of DH's work shirts.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
I dont even iron my own clothing. The last time the iron was even plugged in was about 9 years ago when I made a dress and wanted to iron out the wrinkles.
Exactly. My idea of ironing is to toss something in the dryer for ten minutes.

#16 ·
NO!! LOL I rarely use the iron....my hubby complains that I never iron his shirts...if he wants it that bad he can do it

If we are going to a wedding or something fancy then yeah I will pull it out to touch up all the clothes.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicaG View Post

You're kidding, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
What is this "iron" you speak of?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinuviel_k View Post
Iron my children's clothes? Um... nope. Never have done it. Heck, I don't even iron my OWN clothes!

And that.

Had a houseguest a week or so ago who needed the iron... was quite the scavenger hunt to find it and the board...

-Angela

#24 ·
Some of them. When the girls were toddlers, I spray starched their dresses. The starch acted like scotchquard and kept the dresses from being stained. Made laundry easier. I iron Dylan's button shirts, dh's dress shirts, and my silk blouses/shirts. If it warrents ironing, I iron it. The iron and ironing board is always out and in use daily anyway so what's one or two more garments? Heck I even have 2 irons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.