You know you are a mom when... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#91 of 105 Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM
 
lovemybubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: strawberry fields forever
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When you pull into a parking spot at the grocery store and find a Hot Wheel in your cleavage. But instead removing it you put it back so that you know exactly where it is when your son asks for it. And you leave it there for the entire shopping trip (forgetting about it again) until you get home.
lovemybubus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#92 of 105 Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 PM
 
crabbyowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Just moved to Austin, TX!
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbymom05 View Post
Mom jeans, comfy shoes and a non-stained shirt is your version of dressy-casual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMommy View Post
You've decided that shaving is a lost cause because, let's face it, who are you trying to impress anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
You stick your nose 3 cm from your baby's butt to see if it needs to be wiped anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comtessa View Post
... when you have a master's degree, but feel illiterate and incompetent at every single well-baby visit

... when you write your to-do lists in two categories: 1) can do with a baby in my arms, and 2) have to do during naptime. And then you just ignore most of category 2 until some time after the baby is in preschool.
YES!

And you REALLY know you're a mom when these things make you happier than you ever thought possible, and don't care that everyone else (DH included) thinks you're a little loopy because of it! (Well, except the WBV one - that's really annoying!)

 reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
crabbyowl is offline  
#93 of 105 Old 11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
 
EnviroBecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,322
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
...when you are able to say, in a calm voice, "It is not polite to come into the bathroom while someone is in the shower and make a smelly poop without asking if it's okay." We have another half-bath he could have used!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid 10 years old and a little girl EnviroBaby !
I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more.
EnviroBecca is offline  
#94 of 105 Old 11-13-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
 
amberskyfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You still agonize that you can't possibly live without that outfit that you saw in the store, but you don't buy them for yourself anymore. You're obsessed with it for someone else.

Before you can say anything, your family practitioner always answers the phone with "oh, hello again Mrs. ____"

You have the doctor's office phone number memorized. (Okay, okay, so for me it was easy. His number is 887-6543 )

There is always screaming going on at your house, but the neighbors never call the cops. (I mean children screaming, of course. Not parents screaming at children.)

Your MIL changed her mind and decided she wants to be friends after all.

All of your household pets have to start going on anxiety medication.

YOU have to start going on anxiety medication.

You don't care that your hair is greasy, your legs are unshaved, and you're starting to get wrinkles. If it'll keep your husband off of you tonight, it's worth it because you are going to go postal if one more person touches you.

Five hours of sleep a night is MORE than acceptable. In fact, it's not even the minimum you ask for.

You haven't been interested in toys since you were eleven, but suddenly that wooden princess castle with furniture, removable turrets, flags, princess dolls and little wooden pink ponies is the COOLEST. THING. EVER. And you're pretty sure you can't live without it. In fact, you hide it from your LO so you can play with it first before you give it to them.

Mama to a bright 7 y/o girl and an exuberant 3 y/o boy  Loving unschooling, 2x and natural living in Hawaii.
amberskyfire is offline  
#95 of 105 Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 PM
 
_ktg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: a house in the suburban jungle.
Posts: 2,142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
* You consider giving your co-workers a T.O. when they are in the middle of throwing a tantrum over something like coffee pot is empty or the printer is out of paper.

*You begin to compare yourself to a chew toy instead of a human being, when your babe is teething

*You instantly recognize a stain on a shirt and where it came from even if it was "clean"

*You never leave home without your ecco/carrier no matter what

*You know more about pirates, redcoats and gaul warriors than you ever expected in your life... and are a-ok about it

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

_ktg_ is offline  
#96 of 105 Old 11-13-2009, 07:28 PM
 
newbymom05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberskyfire View Post
You still agonize that you can't possibly live without that outfit that you saw in the store, but you don't buy them for yourself anymore. You're obsessed with it for someone else.

Before you can say anything, your family practitioner always answers the phone with "oh, hello again Mrs. ____"

You have the doctor's office phone number memorized. (Okay, okay, so for me it was easy. His number is 887-6543 )

There is always screaming going on at your house, but the neighbors never call the cops. (I mean children screaming, of course. Not parents screaming at children.)

Your MIL changed her mind and decided she wants to be friends after all.

All of your household pets have to start going on anxiety medication.

YOU have to start going on anxiety medication.

You don't care that your hair is greasy, your legs are unshaved, and you're starting to get wrinkles. If it'll keep your husband off of you tonight, it's worth it because you are going to go postal if one more person touches you.

Five hours of sleep a night is MORE than acceptable. In fact, it's not even the minimum you ask for.

You haven't been interested in toys since you were eleven, but suddenly that wooden princess castle with furniture, removable turrets, flags, princess dolls and little wooden pink ponies is the COOLEST. THING. EVER. And you're pretty sure you can't live without it. In fact, you hide it from your LO so you can play with it first before you give it to them.
You're on a roll!
newbymom05 is offline  
#97 of 105 Old 11-18-2009, 12:40 PM
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your vacuuming schedule is dictated by how many times you say, "What did you find?" to your newly mobile infant

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#98 of 105 Old 11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
 
nudhistbudhist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You find yourself having to clean brown streaks off the toilet seat on a daily basis... why must he insist on eating peanut butter toast on the toilet???

You hide in the bathroom to eat goodies

Placenta eating EC mom to my sweet DS Skyy 08/24/08 and Lotus Birth HBAC DD Aspen 01/13/2010 Healed by her birth
nudhistbudhist is offline  
#99 of 105 Old 11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
 
jessjgh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South Shore MA
Posts: 4,744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When you keep the kids in the carseats and go grab the mail down your driveway, just to get 1 minute to yourself. (at least days like that are rare)

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
jessjgh1 is offline  
#100 of 105 Old 11-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: On a pilgrimage to Canterbury
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When you find it totally acceptable to be rude to strangers who try to scare your children on purpose on Halloween.

When you allow the baby to chew on one page of your book to keep her happy while you read the other.

When you can think of 342957483758932 different uses for a cardboard box.

When a flashlight was the best $3 purchase you've made in 3 years.

When you can't remember how much coffee you've had today, and you still feel tired.

When you count jumping on the bed as exercise.
InMediasRes is offline  
#101 of 105 Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 PM
 
BarnMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are great

-when you remind anyone and everyone who approaches the cat to be gentle!

-when you honestly can't remember what it felt like to feel rested

-when you and hubby sleep in different rooms because he snores and his waking you up in the middle of the night with his glaoting sounds of slumber is grounds for divorce

-when you instantly regret those days when you try to look nice. Without fail you will get stains on the last remaining sweater without them.

-clean clothes mean clothing with no offensible odors, but stains are game

-you daydream about the way your body used to look and wonder why the heck you complained all those years when clearly you looked like a supermodel compared to what your body looks like now...

-you are appalled when people make family-get together dinner reservations for 7PM Jeez, why not make it midnight while you're at it!

-Sex seems kind of exhausting and pointless unless there's a baby making reason behind it...

-cutting your hair yourself seems like a good idea...

- you know more about your uterus than you ever thought possible
BarnMomma is offline  
#102 of 105 Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 PM
 
Snuzzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMommy View Post
You can't watch a movie without subtitles on because, after so many times doing it that way (so you can turn down the volume), you can't understand what any of the actors are saying.

You can't understand why the rest of the world isn't ready to do something at 9 AM on a Saturday (seriously, get out of bed people!).
YES to both of these!!!
Snuzzmom is offline  
#103 of 105 Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnMomma View Post
-you daydream about the way your body used to look and wonder why the heck you complained all those years when clearly you looked like a supermodel compared to what your body looks like now...
YES!! I found some old pics of myself from high school. I thought I was HUGE (granted, I had unhealthy body image...but anyway) and started laughing and told DH "I'd KILL to look like that right now. Man, I took that tummy for granted."


- DH gets off the phone with MIL around 7pm saying "they're eating dinner" and you find yourself saying "They're JUST eating dinner??" in a shocked voice.

- You've threatened to beat anyone that calls after 8pm...9pm? Grounds for murder.

- You remember the days when your night STARTED at 10pm...

- ...and the days when 10am was early.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#104 of 105 Old 11-21-2009, 02:17 AM
 
boysmom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLoo View Post
When you're a guest at someone else's home and you forget for a moment that you really should close the bathroom door.
Totally done that!

2 mom moments I've had:

I recently spent an entire morning running errands with a wadded up washcloth shoved in one side of my bra. I do that when I'm at home instead of using my nice decent looking nursing pads.

I gushed on the phone to one of DH's childless friends about how one of the highlights of my childfree trip to NYC with my girlfriends was eating cupcakes in bed at midnight. I am so lame...
boysmom2 is offline  
#105 of 105 Old 11-21-2009, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter
 
amberskyfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You are seriously considering getting a dog so you don't have to clean the floor so much.

When you first saw the Roomba, you were sure they had made it just for you.

You take your kids to Macy's under the pretense of letting them look at all of the Christmas trees, but really you just want to sit in that massage chair they have out on display for customers to try.

Your Christmas list for yourself is actually 90% items for your kids. The other 10% includes: a shower, sleep, and five minutes of peace and quiet.

You can't believe you ever actually spent an HOUR making a meal. Now your cooking repertoire consists only of things that can be made within ten minutes and if possible, only one pan.

"Leftovers night" is like your version of Saturday off work because you don't have to cook anything.

You really have no idea what is going on in the world right now. News? Pshaw! You're lucky if you can figure out what's on sale at the grocery store this week.

Mama to a bright 7 y/o girl and an exuberant 3 y/o boy  Loving unschooling, 2x and natural living in Hawaii.
amberskyfire is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off