Worst Toys Ever - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

#121 of 126 Old 01-07-2010, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
If so, it's still better than the version where you have to assemble the tower exactly and then slide the box down without bumping the tower at all. And then you're supposed to be able to pull the box off, but it's hard because there's practically a vacuum seal formed.

When Lina's old enough to play Jenga and help put it away, I'm getting the game a new box. Maybe just an open basket.
Ours has long since been dumped in a basket and finds it's home with all our other wooden blocks...hated that tin!

We didn't get any bad toys this year. Only one game we already had, which we will be able to re-gift, It's connect4, which we actually like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 126 Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
We've always found a small piece of clear packing tape placed over the speaker does wonders on any overly loud plastic toy! It doesn't stop the noise but it muffles it down to a more acceptable level!
Duct tape accomplishes the same thing, but just isn't as pretty as clear packaging tape would be. LOL I'll cover about 2/3 of the speaker and it's usually a more acceptable noise level. Most all of my kids toys have duct tape on the speaker if it's to loud. LOL

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#123 of 126 Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caittune View Post
Disney Cars themed megablocks, of course no reciept or anything so we are stuck with this huge semi truck and some little car thing. It is not open ended at all and there are really no other configurations that I can think of to put these together.
If you think you know where they got it, the store might take it back with out the receipt. Toys R Us is pretty good about this. The main drawback, is if they bought it for full price but it later went on sale, then you will only be refunded the sale price.

Timmy's Mommy WARNING
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#124 of 126 Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 AM

We lucked out this year, all great stuff for the girls...too much of it, but all great. When dd1 was *2* though, my IL;s bought her a little computer thingy that hooks up to the TV (Leapster?) and it was so annoying and cheaply made that it would ask her the letter no one could understand what the stupid voice was saying. It disappeared a few weeks later...
#125 of 126 Old 01-08-2010, 01:56 AM

I did it to myself last spring when dd turned 2. She loves playdoh, loves ice cream, so I got the ice cream set. I didn't expect it to be supergreat. I realized that most of the features were just the little press molds. However, I did expect a kid to be able to operate it. You have to push the "ice cream maker" so hard and with terrible leverage that no kid could possibly do it. I also didn't realized that once we used it, I would have to let the playdoh harden and then use a tiny screw driver to take it apart and chisel hardened playdoh out if we ever wanted to use it again.

I really envy some of you who are able to let toys "disappear" because my children NEVER FORGET A TOY EVER!
#126 of 126 Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 AM

a vtech laptop for my 24 mo old. I've put it away, but dd continues to ask for it. not only are the graphics horrible, but the sound cannot be turned off.

Mama to E (12/07) and M (01/11). homebirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page