Help with title of book on money and kids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-30-2009, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When my DD was 5mon old I ran across a book at my Mom's library on money and kids. It was really good and we have based a lot of our ideas of how we would like to raise DD with issues of money. It keeps getting talked about (DD is now 2) that I thought it would be a good thing to buy the book and reference it again. I have looked and I don't see a title out there that looks like the book...at least online.

Do you know this book?

It relayed the stories of a female author (I am pretty sure) of her two sons. When one of them became a 5th grader they instituted a salary. Despite months of coaching the boy went and spent all of his money on some big toy and did not have enough to buy for his friend's birthday gift (totally embarrassing for the mom).

If you don't know this book, could you recommend another that uses salaries rather than an allowance approach?

Thanks
#2 of 2 Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know what book you are referring to (but I am now terribly curious). Have you heard of Clark Howard? He has a book called Clark Smart Parents, Clark Smart Kids. I know he has sort of a "salary" concept and he has strategies to teach kids about long-term savings, short-term savings, and reasonable spending. Good luck.

Cheryl, loving wife to a wonderfully goofy mannut.gif, mama to Jonah and Remifencing.gif, just trying to get out of this with my sanity and a decent looking hairdo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page