Forum Jump: 

#181 of 228 Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
She's awake!

What great news! Prayers to keep her healing!

and how fabulous that Nate and Sophia are coming home already!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#182 of 228 Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_ballet View Post

Nate and Sophia are finally coming home this afternoon
What awesome news!!!

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#183 of 228 Old 01-18-2010, 06:26 PM

I'm glad to see things seem to be going a bit better, Pixie! And baltic_ballet, I didn't realize the little ones were still in. I'm glad they'll be home soon! (or probably are already home by now!)

Not very exciting here lately. I'm deciding on what size crop share to order next month and bookmarking recipes. It's all very relaxing! The kids are down in the basement watching something on a VHS tape. They're still amazed by this VCR and tapes their grandpa gave us because all they know are DVDs. It's very amusing. I keep wondering if this is how my parents felt about my own amazement over the 8-track player they still used all the time when I was little. And the huge record collection. I don't even think my kids know what a record is, let alone have seen one!

nature and art loving homeschooling mom to a half-dozen little treasures.
#184 of 228 Old 01-19-2010, 01:21 AM

Crop share!!! Thanks for reminding me!

I forgot to order ours (for the whole summer) last year until April, and by then they were all full. Wish me luck!

Andrea, daughter of the King, wife of Neil, Mama to Jackson 7/4/05 Nicholas 12/21/06 Ezekiel 5/9/08 and due June 14!
#185 of 228 Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM

Sam, I'm so glad they are coming home!

(..)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#186 of 228 Old 01-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Pixie ~ I'm still thinking of you all and hoping that both you and your Little Miss keep your strength and get through this.
#187 of 228 Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 PM

Oh Pixie Keep talking, we'll keep listening.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#188 of 228 Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Do they know why she had the brain bleed? How scary. Glad you were somewhere where they could do the surgery right away. Keep healing, Little Miss Cottonball!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#189 of 228 Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 AM

Pixie, thinking of your little one makes me want to hug mine, intaed of want to strangle them tonight....Kids were in bed...I heard a sound, went upstairs and was speechless. They had emptied every toiletry we owned all over the bathroom. The walls, the tub the floors the door....toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, baby oil, body scrub and creams which I cannot rebuy(no funds) And they were laughing like it was the funniest thing. And they are 4.5 and 3.5, so not babies......and have just now fallen asleep at 1am my time!

This too shall pass.This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#190 of 228 Old 01-20-2010, 09:04 AM

Urg. I hate when bedtime is yet another mess to clean up. I love my family. I mean I am pretty sure I do but lately... I don't know. The work side of it all is overwhelming me. They are good kids, everyone helps (by doing about half of what I identify as what needs doing), we are healthy... I don't know, I just feel bogged down by the details and very little joy in it all. Maybe it is just winter blues?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#191 of 228 Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM

I think the winter doesn't help when you have a lot of people in the house. I certainly feel more hemmed in during the winter when going out in the garden is not a matter of just opening the door and letting them out.

Roll on summer and being outdoors: less mess in the house, more picnic lunches and less dirty wet shoes and coats everywhere
#192 of 228 Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 PM

About now is when I get the urge to load up kids and just drive south til we hit sunshine and beach. Or crawl in a hole and die. !!

I'm feeling it too, with sick kids and dark mornings and too much inside. The weather's been too bad even to take walks- so windy it blew part of our fence over and our trees have been losing branches.

Hugs pixie!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#193 of 228 Old 01-21-2010, 06:18 PM

How to get your period after 3 1/2 years...buy new underwear. Yep, that worked.

My kids were driving me nuts yesterday, but wowsers to canadiannancy that would have pushed me over the edge!

#194 of 228 Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
How to get your period after 3 1/2 years...buy new underwear. Yep, that worked.
How to get pregnant....buy condoms and tampons. Works every time for me.

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#195 of 228 Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 PM

I bought a diva cup so very long ago that I cannot tell you what year it was but I've been pregnant 3 times since then without a chance to use it. I have a feeling my time is coming.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#196 of 228 Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Thank you, mamas.

It's been very scary, the whole thing. But, they fixed it, no complications during surgery, and the surgeon expects her to fully recover. She's been very sick and weak after the surgery, but that is normal, and they expect that we'll see her looking and feeling better from now.
She already is looking a little bit better, and she is an amazing fighter.
Might need more physical therapy for a while.
But that doesn't matter as long as she fully recovers.
I've been totally "empty", scared, and don't have much to say. (Unusual!)
She is so strong, we're so lucky we have her.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#197 of 228 Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 PM

Wow Pixie. You are one strong mama! I'm so glad your little one came through the surgery so well. I'm thinking of you all, and wishing her a very speedy recovery.

Kat

#198 of 228 Old 01-22-2010, 02:34 PM

Thank you.
And people, I don't want to kill the thread, that'll only make me feel guilty. Please continue talking about whatever. It's great with the support I get when I pop in, but just keep chatting!

#199 of 228 Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 PM

thinking of you pixie. Hope Miss Cotton Balls gets out of the hospital soon.

Our weather sucks today. We were suppose to be heading over for supper with a couple who have 3 kids. Nope, freezing rain. Roads are going to get bad. DH was going to take them afterwards to the kids' science museum to wear them out a bit.

I did get to meet my dh and 3 kids for lunch today. Good food and they were so funny. We don't get to eat out much so it's nice for the kids when they get to do so. We picked a place that doesn't mind if they are too loud. And it's an old mill so the floor is cement. Very helpful when one spilled her water.

We find that our kids just don't have the patience to sit that long as they wait for the food etc. When they are older we'll have to do it.

#200 of 228 Old 01-22-2010, 06:27 PM

As far as eating out we have good days and bad. For the most part though, we have a number of places that we go & the kids are comfortable there and know how they are expected to behave. One is an Indian restaurant and we always go for the lunch buffet so they don't have to wait for food. Most others are pub type places, so pretty casual, and the adults can get just as rowdy as any kids! Come to think of it, we tend to eat lunch out because it's less busy than dinners out. I can't do crowds with the kids, just don't have the patience.

We don't often take the kids to more formal meals, though we did for Christmas dinner & it went off without a hitch. The baby fell asleep & slept the whole time & the kids were content with their meals & thankfully quiet. Sometimes we'll have "date" night with one child & one parent too, and that's fun one on one time.

In other news, I'm having contractions, but nothing that hurts too badly so I'm thinking the babe's arrival is still a few weeks away. With my broken sewing machine, I've given up on sewing newborn diapers, but luckily another MDC mama is sending me some. (Thanks Elisa!) Chris is out of town for his last business trip before the baby comes, and I'm busily trying to finish up some longies & a baby blanket. We just started a new history curriculum too and everybody is having a lot of fun with that.

And Helen, I'll be mailing a package to you on Tuesday as soon as Chris brings me home some money.

Kat

#201 of 228 Old 01-22-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Dropping in to say hi

Sophia and Nate are doing really well

I am relearning tandem nursing the last time I nursed two children at the same time was about 14 years ago

Bronte is slowly warming up to her new siblings but still occasionally gives them a dirty look.

my second son James moved out a few days ago and i am missing already

Anyone want to do a house swap, The weather here is really hot and I am hating it

Great to hear your little miss is doing better Pixie.

Helen how's your little one going?

Sam

Sam, mum to: Ian, James, Lottie, Maddy, Jack, Ruby, Bronte & Sophia and Nate
#202 of 228 Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Hey Sam congrats on your little ones! I haunted the twins forum to figure out how to tandem nurse my singletons.we are having cooler weather here, we actually need to wear shirt sleeves and cardigans in the evening burrr! you can come visit us and it wouldn't be that big of a journey.
I think I might be pregnant but I'm still in denial.I took two tests last night and they were both pos but the lines were far apart not like in the pictures so it must be wrong, right? I keep feeling like AF is about to show but my stomache is bloating more in a pregnant shape than a AF shape.I didn't keep up with my cycles the last two months so I don't remember exactly how late I am just that I am still in my "window".Since my last baby was such a huge surprise i've gotten in the habit of testing every month but I als didn't keep up with that since Nov.EEK! I need to go get some ginger in, I feel so sick but this could still be PMS symptoms too. EEK!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#203 of 228 Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 AM

Excellent, another fifth baby!

crittersmom. I'm here if you want to vent- Samson came as a heck of a shock, too.

Sam, we're surviving. A few good days, a few bad days. He's wishing his life away- holding his head up well and making gooey noises already : Why can't they just stay babies?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#204 of 228 Old 01-24-2010, 04:55 PM

I'm just catching up. We've moved which took us over a week and the phoneline/net went off 5 days before the move.

It's very, very nice to have so much space and I'm getting used to the niggles you have with any house I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post
What was the original question? Oh! We have a 'big' family because we really like sex and really don't like birth control.
i think that's our case too - like, hmm, it's ok if we conceive now, so let's not worry about it but atm I'm thinking of using the mini pill for a bit. Tried it one or two cycles 9 years ago and got spotting and depression from it.lol. but might be worth another shot for the 'freedom' ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
I'm having a MAJOR "What was I thinking getting pregnant again!!!?????!!!!" kind of days.
YES it will pass

Quote:
She and her bro' J is sleeping snuggled up again, such a beautiful sight. (They do that at home too, but it's so clear what a bond they have when he needs to be here to sleep when she's sick. And she has better SATS that way.)
that's awesome. my twins in SCBU would get same temp, etc when they were co bedded. So nice to read about older twins, but so, so sorry you've been through all this with Little Miss

Quote:
I've been totally "empty", scared, and don't have much to say. (Unusual!)
She is so strong, we're so lucky we have her.
just more

Sam - I haven't read your births story yet.....glad they are home

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#205 of 228 Old 01-25-2010, 12:03 AM

Thanks for the congrats Helen and vent a way I shall...
i took a digital test and a cheapie and the digital one came up + right away and the cheapie took awhile but is very + too.My body has a nasty habit of just keeping up with cycles so my last two AF could have been extreme spotting.I am cramping worse than I did with my second and he was a post Depo baby.I still have oodles of milk though so i must not be that far along.I will have to have DH get out of work early and convince the miserly appt clerks at the Drs that I really need to get an U/S now rather than be treated as a regular new pregnancy and be seen in 3 weeks.DH will be getting out of the Navy in July and I don't think the new job will have health coverage, and we live even farther from any hospitals that have maternity care now.I guess this explains why I 've been getting rid of so many things and organizing, I seem to be best when I am pregnant.At least our truck seats 9.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#206 of 228 Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bookcase~ View Post
Sam - I haven't read your births story yet.....glad they are home
I have three kids under two years, maybe one day I will find the time to tell you all about it......

Helen and Crittersmom

Sam, mum to: Ian, James, Lottie, Maddy, Jack, Ruby, Bronte & Sophia and Nate
#207 of 228 Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 AM

Bleg. I just realized we aren't going to be able to trade in our van for something different this year because we need our tax return for back debt. Which means when the baby comes in two months, we all won't be able to fit anymore! It won't be bad when DH is at work because my oldest is now big enough to be safe in the front seat, but I can't quite figure out how we're going to travel as a family for a while!

nature and art loving homeschooling mom to a half-dozen little treasures.
#208 of 228 Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_ballet View Post
I have three kids under two years, maybe one day I will find the time to tell you all about it......
'you've got your hands full'

it would be fun to all go shopping together - MOM's day out

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#209 of 228 Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiebird View Post
Bleg. I just realized we aren't going to be able to trade in our van for something different this year because we need our tax return for back debt. Which means when the baby comes in two months, we all won't be able to fit anymore! It won't be bad when DH is at work because my oldest is now big enough to be safe in the front seat, but I can't quite figure out how we're going to travel as a family for a while!
We had this trouble when Frida was born and ended up going for a year with only a 5 seater car. A couple of times when we really all needed to go somewhere we hired a tiny car and dh drove himself and one other while I drover the others in our own car. This worked out cheaper than hiring a 6 or 7 seater for us all to go out in.
#210 of 228 Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 AM

Thanks, mamas!
And I have good news.
We're home! Yesterday afternoon we went home, we decided to go home alone too (without nurses) 'coz there's really nothing they can do for us. Little miss cotton ball button is so much better, she's recovering great from the surgery, and has been sitting up in bed, talking and laughing. She's getting physiotherapy almost every day and we expect a full recovery.
We had a picnic in bed last night, we all ate fresh sushi in bed and played a board game. Everyone together enjoying each others company. It was pure idyll.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page