Why do people refer - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 107 Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
But quite a few newer model convertible seats are designed to fit infants, are marketed as fitting infants, and DO fit infants perfectly. I don't see why the fact that different styles of convertibles have different weight minimums is a valid reason that you must get a bucket.
oh, I'm not saying one has to buy a bucket... But I might recommend one b/c besides ease of use ALL infant seats fit newborns, whereas only some convertibles do. Makes it easier for someone who doesn't know much about car seats. Heck, even here you'll read in DDC's about moms-to-be buying a Britax convertible that way they don't waste money buying two seats. In this case, it would be money well spent.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 107 Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
But quite a few newer model convertible seats are designed to fit infants, are marketed as fitting infants, and DO fit infants perfectly. I don't see why the fact that different styles of convertibles have different weight minimums is a valid reason that you must get a bucket.
Many convertibles are certainly marketed as fitting infants/newborns, but often even the lowest harness slot is placed far too high to be used safely with smaller infants.(Not sure if I can link to discussions on the carseat safety boards here, but google around and it's pretty easy to find this issue discussed quite a bit.) I know we tried putting our barely 6 lb. 37-week olds into their Britax convertibles for curiosity sake and they were way too tiny to fit. In fact my smaller twin was still small enough to fit into his Snugride infant seat until he was somewhere around 16 months old.

It really just depends on the baby, I suppose, but I also fall into the camp that the villification of infant carseats in and of themselves is often uncalled for.

Mom to twin boys (7/15/05), another boy 5/9/10, and our latest addition born 9/13/11!

#63 of 107 Old 02-23-2010, 10:51 PM

We had a convertible seat with DS and were pretty close to be prohibited from leaving the hospital. He was too small for it, and we had to buy a bucket seat for him to fit.

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .
#64 of 107 Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 PM

I loved my bucket. If DD was sleeping I was not going to wake her up to sling her or bring her in the house. She never, ever went back to sleep after being taken out of the seat so we just kept her in it so she'd get her sleep.

obstruct livery vehicles

#65 of 107 Old 02-23-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post
Aw, wait a minute, LOOK how comfy this mama looks!

http://www.twinkleandwhimsy.com/flyi...rierstrap.aspx

And, she looks so organized and pulled together! I think that is the answer to all my problems.

I was going to say, I don't like using the bucket seats because they are so heavy.... but, obviously, I was wrong... she's a tiny thing and has no problem hefting that thing around.
#66 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinemama View Post
Because some folks get a nice, warm, self-righteous glow from using "bucket" negatively. It's a way of separating themselves (sling-wearing, natural good parents) from those folks they spot at the mall not-wearing their babies. You can tell so much about whether a parent is good or bad or attached to their child simply by the accoutrements used for carrying! And it only takes a minute. Doncha know.

That said ... I used the term "bucket" even though I used bucket carseats with my kids.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#67 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 AM

It's a bucket because it functions similarly to a bucket and has a handle to be carried like a bucket. I had heard the term often long before discovering MDC or even contemplating parenting styles.

I almost didn't buy one, but did for the sole purpose of eating out. I know some people claim to wear their babies while eating out, but I personally think they are nuts!! She hung out in the bucket if she felt like it, or got held on our laps if she got fussy in there. That lasted 6 months and now she is thrilled to be sitting in a high chair at the table like a big girl.

We also used it a few times for shopping (IN the cart, not on it!) in her first few weeks - I didn't try to sling her until she was 6 weeks old.

Another really nice use, that I hadn't thought of before, is that if you live in a very hot climate, and have a summer baby, the carseat can be brought into the house when not in use. Because if I didn't do that, she would either suffer very real burns on her body or we would end up cooling down the car for 10-15 minutes every time we got in. Not cool - already not looking forward to the summer in the convertible - sigh.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#68 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinemama View Post
Because some folks get a nice, warm, self-righteous glow from using "bucket" negatively. It's a way of separating themselves (sling-wearing, natural good parents) from those folks they spot at the mall not-wearing their babies. You can tell so much about whether a parent is good or bad or attached to their child simply by the accoutrements used for carrying! And it only takes a minute. Doncha know.
Yep!

I have a 3.5 yr old, 22 month old and a 4 week old. I have a billion slings, mei tais, and wraps. But its frickin' COLD out here right now. I'm not going to sit outside and get my freezing baby into a wrap to run into a store for 10 min. when he's sleeping and warm and snuggly. I was also told that because he was preterm its not a good idea for his carseat to get cold, then to put him in it, at least for a bit longer.

yeah, it's a pain in the ass to carry, but at least nobody is screaming and cold. When it warms up we'll be back to baby wearing outside of the home.
#69 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 04:01 PM

I didn't realize bucket had a negative connotation? I just thought it's a quicker way of saying infant car seat...
We have a Maxi Cosi Mico because it is super safe for those tiny infants. DS was born below 6 pounds and a bucket was much safer for him (and even the bucket seemed huge). I wasn't allowed to carry it for the first 6 weeks anyways cause of my blood loss.
I didn't like him being in there longer than necessary as it is a semi-reclined position, and being carried or being flat on the back is much safer for newborns. I have a stroller, but it is completely flat (newborn attachment, it's a Teutonia). I didn't get a good sling until he was about 8 weeks old. The ring sling never worked for me, the MaiTei though was wonderful. I never took him out of the bucket though if he was sleeping - instead I put the bucket into the shopping cart (not on top, that's not safe). I didn't want to wake him up. If he was awake, I maitei-ed him.
I think the bucket is quite heavy but has its uses. I think what people criticize is how many babies never spend time being held, and I have seen those kids in real life. It is sad cause they rarely get cuddled. And I do hate seeing the buckets on top of shopping carts, at least my bucket's manual said to never ever do that, but people don't read the manuals I guess. What rather ticks me off is seeing how they are improperly installed or not used properly (I see it a lot around here that people put babies in the bucket but don't buckle baby up (!) and even forward-facing buckets.
DS outgrew the bucket a week shy of 4 months of age.... Oh and I wanted to add I have to go to the store with him - or we would have nothing to eat in the house. DH works and why shouldn't I take the baby to do the shopping?
#70 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
We actually talked about this in Anthropology today! We were comparing and contrasting the parenting techniques of America and a bushman tribe in South Africa. An American baby spends less than 20% of the day in physical contact with it's mother, and this is because of all the nifty travel systems we have. Put baby in the bucket seat while you pee/grab a snack/grab the diaper bag, snap it in the car, arrive at the mall, put bucket into stroller, shop. The only time baby will be picked up is for a diaper change or maybe to be fed. The babies in this tribe are in physical contact with the mom over 70% of the day. Obviously we lead a very different lifestyle than that of a remote tribe, but it would be foolish to say that things like buckets, car seats, swings, etc. are not greatly overused by many, many people.
I started wondering A LOT about this after DS was born. I carried him a lot, we coslept, etc... We also used a "bucket", but what really got me questioning the "rightness" of tribal cultures constant wearing of children was that DS DID NOT WANT TO BE WORN all the time. I got to wondering, what if a baby in a tribal culture didn't want to be worn while mama went to get water from the pond? TOO BAD! What if the baby didn't want to be worn three miles to the vegetable market? TOO BAD! Those were my thoughts, anyway. I just wonder why we have to hold up a completely different lifestyle as the gold standard when there may be drawbacks there as well. It's just something I've been thinking about.

But I guess I'm going off topic here. I can tell you I have seen abuse of bucket seats - BIL's new baby was left in it all the time and fed all foods from formula to mashed solids in a bottle. All the time. No kidding. I'm willing to bet most people who use buckets don't do that.
#71 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmati View Post
Fake arm? Link please!!!!

http://www.pregnancystore.com/zaky.html
#72 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 05:16 PM

Never used one – I've had a convertible in the car since day 1 and use a carrier – and I was really glad when I read this:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/article969948.ece

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
#73 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanine123 View Post
That thing is freaky.
#74 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM

I havent read all the replies, just want to put in my .02.

Both of my children were born in colder months. I went back to work both times in the dead of winter (Didnt leave the house much with either of them before 6 weeks of age because the weather was so cold and nasty) I had to cart them to daycare in the wee hours of the morning 5 days a week. Sometimes I had to pick them up and then run to the grocery store on the way home, by myself. The bucket was mere convenience AND it helped keep them all nice and snuggly warm while I had to take them in and out of the car, in and out of the store, and in and out of the house.

I think the association of kids who are left in buckets seats/jumpers (I used those too)/walkers with bottles propped in their mouths has NOTHING to do with the aparatas, and everything to do with the parent utilizing the aparatus in a way that it was NOT intended for. When you buy these things, their are stickers right on the side of them that say to NOT put the seat on the top part of the shopping cart, DONT leave a child sleeping in it, and EVERYONE knows not to prop a bottle in a babys mouth.

And FTR, I cuddled both my kids ridiculously when they were small enough for bucket seats, and still do.
#75 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
That thing is freaky.
I can see how they would be useful in the NICU when baby isn't being held.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#76 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM

I have to admit, as a carless mama, I loved my bucket seat. I WOH doing childcare for my sister's kids so I bring DS with me. If I walked him there in the travel system then I had a carseat with me so if it was raining or snowing badly and windy when it was time to leave I could easily have BIL give us a ride home. Same thing with shopping, if I knew I was going to be buying something really heavy or awkward I could walk there with the travel system and know that I could just grab a cab home. I miss having that ability now that he's too big for the bucket. I can't just run out and get what I need during the day by myself anymore, I need to plan ahead and arrange to run errands when DS can stay home with DH or arrange for someone with a car to give us a ride.

I never saw bucket as a negative term though, the infant seat always reminded me of a bucket anyway since it had a handle.
#77 of 107 Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post
(I see it a lot around here that people put babies in the bucket but don't buckle baby up (!)
We actually did that once with dd1. DH put her in the bucket, and was also dealing with something else. We drove up the hill to my mom's, and went to get her out...and she wasn't done up. We were both just like "OMG". That's never happened again, though.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#78 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM

I call them buckets because they are buckets. Molded plastic in a shape that can carry something, with a handle.

I'm also in the camp of "how on earth is this a convenience". I carried DS in it once to get the mail (I was pulled right up to the curb, the mailbox was 2 steps away, but I got all paranoid one day), DH carried DS in it once for some reason, and that was enough! One day we did take DS and the bucket into a little restaurant, but felt horrible, with DS basically sitting on the floor while we ate waffles. Oh and it was brought in to another restaurant, and they brought out those carseat "sling" things that we put it on...that was...interesting. And really unsafe feeling.

And that's about it! He outgrew it by height before 4 months. It was never a problem to pull him out and carry him into home or the store or whatever; he fell asleep almost immediately being carried, and if he didn't fall asleep, then he wasn't asleep enough to deal with being banged around.

OH, and the grocery cart thing...several grocery store employees have told me that they started installing their own infant seats b/c they were seeing so many accidents with buckets clipped on. That their seats are safer than what was happening with clipped buckets.
#79 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgirl View Post
I started wondering A LOT about this after DS was born. I carried him a lot, we coslept, etc... We also used a "bucket", but what really got me questioning the "rightness" of tribal cultures constant wearing of children was that DS DID NOT WANT TO BE WORN all the time. I got to wondering, what if a baby in a tribal culture didn't want to be worn while mama went to get water from the pond? TOO BAD! What if the baby didn't want to be worn three miles to the vegetable market? TOO BAD! Those were my thoughts, anyway. I just wonder why we have to hold up a completely different lifestyle as the gold standard when there may be drawbacks there as well. It's just something I've been thinking about.
My only caveat on that would be were you outdoors and walking the whole time he didn't want to be worn? Lina despised the sling for a long time unless I popped her in and went right out for a walk. Then she'd settle right down and would be content as I did other things, including bending over or sitting at the computer.
#80 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
My only caveat on that would be were you outdoors and walking the whole time he didn't want to be worn? Lina despised the sling for a long time unless I popped her in and went right out for a walk. Then she'd settle right down and would be content as I did other things, including bending over or sitting at the computer.
DD1 was more likely to be okay with being worn if we were hiking, but it didn't carry over. We could wear her to hike, or sometimes go for other walks, but once we were done, she wanted out now.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#81 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
I was also told that because he was preterm its not a good idea for his carseat to get cold, then to put him in it, at least for a bit longer.
Plus, he would've been less likely to fit in a convertible seat at birth, and they're harder to get reclined really well.

I don't see people criticizing parents of happy snuggly babies, I see people criticizing parents who leave the baby screaming in the carseat in the store for a whole shopping trip or who bottle prop (just one baby, two parents, not 2 babies one parent, or 3 babies or anything that would make bottle propping be plausibly necessary) or otherwise do things that the vast majority of people who use the infant seats as carriers would never even think of doing.
#82 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Aw, wait a minute, LOOK how comfy this mama looks!

http://www.twinkleandwhimsy.com/flyi...rierstrap.aspx
You just made my night! Thanks for that. It's like something out of a SNL sketch!

Lisa - Mama to DD (12/07) and now a DS (3/11)! A wonderful uc.jpg!
#83 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
I almost didn't buy one, but did for the sole purpose of eating out. I know some people claim to wear their babies while eating out, but I personally think they are nuts!! She hung out in the bucket if she felt like it, or got held on our laps if she got fussy in there. That lasted 6 months and now she is thrilled to be sitting in a high chair at the table like a big girl.

Not cool - already not looking forward to the summer in the convertible - sigh.
For the first one, yeah, eating out was when I was tempted to get some sort of seat thingy to set her in. Maybe she wouldn't have nursed for most of our meals out if she hadn't been right up on me.

Put a blanket over the seat when it's empty, it makes a huge difference. Also, just wiping them with cold water if you've forgotten to use the blanket will get them cooled down quickly. This coming summer, I'm going to keep some damp washcloths in the freezer so we can run back in and grab one if we need to cool her seat quickly.
#84 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishmommy View Post
I haven't read all the posts but I just wanted to warn people not to carry their babies around in these. My dh and I used to bundle baby up in a bucket seat during the winter and he threw his back out big time. After that we always just picked her up out of the car seat. No more back problems! Also, these things are not safe on top of grocery carts. I have a friend whose baby fractured her skull falling out of a grocery cart in one of these. Use a moby wrap or ergo for grocery shopping.
YES! While shopping in target, I had brought #2 who was 4 and #4 who was newborn with me. #2 was climbing on the side of the cart.and before I could stop him, he toppled the cart over, bucket and all. The car seat went flying, and landed on it's side. Thank goodness #4 was in my sling! I had brought her in the seat because it was cold and raining...and took baby out once in the store. If she had been in the bucket, who knows how much damage it could have done to her poor little body? I was SO thankful I had her in a sling.

Also I had an easier time of it shopping, easy access to nurse, babe was warm and all snugly I found it was WAY easier than when I had my first babe, and thought slings were only things you see on the National Geographic Channel (hey, I was 19 and very naive.) #s 2, 3, and 4 were all carried in some sort of carrier most of the time, even at home, unless baby was physically in my arms They are very independent and well adjusted, in spite of that I was going to "spoil" them so most of my family said.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#85 of 107 Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Oh, we used it for a lot of different things. He would generally tolerate it for a while (while walking, doing yardwork, chores around the house, just cuddling), but when he was DONE, he was DONE.
#86 of 107 Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Banned

I think the only parents being viewed negatively are those leaving screaming babies in them for long periods of time in a store or restaurant.

I was in a Target and saw a child climbing up on top of a bucket with a baby in it while mom was totally oblivious by some clothes. When I pointed it out to her, she said "Oh, they're just rambunctious kids!" with a big smile.

Another mom I saw with one perched on a cart didn't have it set on properly. It was wobbling back and forth as she pushed the cart. Her baby could only have been a few weeks old, and sleeping. I mentioned that it didn't look steady and she moved it to try to fix it. Baby stirred, and she said, "I just don't want to wake him". I totally understand why you wouldn't want him to wake up, but that thing looked like it was going to fall.

I have used mine in stores or restaurants if DD was asleep. I have carpal tunnel though and they are a nightmare to carry. I do miss being able to bring her inside asleep, but she's old enough to transfer at this point without waking too much. I never was that lucky with DS.

#87 of 107 Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
I think the only parents being viewed negatively are those leaving screaming babies in them for long periods of time in a store or restaurant.

I was in a Target and saw a child climbing up on top of a bucket with a baby in it while mom was totally oblivious by some clothes. When I pointed it out to her, she said "Oh, they're just rambunctious kids!" with a big smile.

Another mom I saw with one perched on a cart didn't have it set on properly. It was wobbling back and forth as she pushed the cart. Her baby could only have been a few weeks old, and sleeping. I mentioned that it didn't look steady and she moved it to try to fix it. Baby stirred, and she said, "I just don't want to wake him". I totally understand why you wouldn't want him to wake up, but that thing looked like it was going to fall.

I have used mine in stores or restaurants if DD was asleep. I have carpal tunnel though and they are a nightmare to carry. I do miss being able to bring her inside asleep, but she's old enough to transfer at this point without waking too much. I never was that lucky with DS.

Yes, this and also I have seen them used in creepier ways.

For example, we were at Olive Garden one time when a little baby in a bucket started crying. The dad picked the carrier up, put it on his lap and started bottlefeeding the baby.

Another time a mom pushed the baby in the bucket under the pew. She saw some stares and whispered that if he couldn't see her, he'd stop crying.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#88 of 107 Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I think people don't like them partly because they aren't great for the babe (seem to remember being told they inhibit breathing if the kid is in them for too long) but mainly because they mean the baby isn't being carried in arms, just carted about in the plastic seat.

I personally know a few kids whose day went

crib-bouncer (prop fed a bottle in bouncer)-moses basket (for nap)-car bucket-bouncer (prop fed another bottle)-moses basket-swing-bouncer (prop fed)-bath-crib

They were literally NEVER held, carried or cuddled. And for a 2 week old that is really really sad (to me anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post

And - have you actually carried a baby in one?...Whenever I see someone carrying a baby around in one trying to do shopping, etc... I want to tell them about he wonderful world of slings! lol
I would hate to think that because I put a bucket in the shopping cart when the kiddos were too small to sit up in the seat in the basket, people thought I was clueless, or ignorant, or cold to my child. Carries HURT my body. I've tried a wide range of carries and while some are better than other, they were all painful. I have chronic pain that goes along with chronic illness and while I may look fairly able bodied I'm in a good deal of pain just carrying my own weight around. Both of my kids are free range around the house beside ds when he is sleeping (happy to sleep in his crib with no crying or fussing) and having used buckets I can say that they were in no way a reflection of my parenting style. They were a means to allow me the ability to interact with my kids rather than being consumed with pain.

My kids spent shopping cart time in buckets when they were wee but were never short of cuddles and contact. At almost 15 months old, ds spends a great deal of time in my arms, relaxing with me on the couch, BFing, and being showered with hugs and kisses... but you won't catch me carrying him through a store if there is a shopping cart in reach and he is content in it. Over time that would mean I'd loose the ability to be so close with him at home where it is less taxing on my body and ultimatly more important as most our my time is spent there.

Keep in mind that the generalizations about people who use or have used buckets can easily be dead wrong... and quite judegmental.

ETA: and if you're (not referring to those quoted above but, to a couple others in this thread) worried about the safety of babies in buckets falling over in shopping carts then you shouldn't be putting them in your CAR... in any kind of seat. Imagine what happens to baby when your car topples over! If we're going to nitpick about safety then you'd have to keep them away from the most dangerous, biggest safety threat there is... DRIVING! Most of us aren't willing to do that so it's probably best we don't throw stones.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#89 of 107 Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM

It is fine to put carseats in the MAIN basket of a shopping cart. Just not in the top basket. The reason it is "OK" to put the carseat in the car and not the top basket of the shopping cart, is even though a car toppling over would obviously be dangerous, the carseat won't cause the car to topple over on its own. But a carseat on the top basket of a shopping cart can make the shopping cart topple over just by its own weight. So yes, when I see someone with a carseat in the top basket of the shopping cart, I think they are ignorant of that specific piece of information, even though they may be extremely knowledgeable about everything else. (I know several mothers who are experts on all sorts of things but ignorant of a few safety issues. I'm sure there is something I am ignorant of, too.)
#90 of 107 Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 PM

DD2 hated being worn with an undying passion. The bucket on the other hand, made her happy. So my choice was to put the baby in the sling and let her scream and fight through the shopping trip, or leave her in the bucket where she would be either sleeping or looking around happily. Everyone always acts like slings are the answer to all baby problems, but I never found that to be true. Both my girls, dd2 especially, really preferred being in the bucket while we were shopping.

As for the person who asked how slings could be over used, I don't know how many times I've heard people on various message boards talk about forcing their baby/toddler into a sling just because it was more convienient for the mom. I've even seen people say that they knew their toddler preferred riding in a stroller, but THEY didn't like the way it looked, so the child was forced to unhappily be in a sling. I think that sometimes people forget that being AP is about listening to your child, not checking off a check list of crunchy ideals.

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker. - Linus

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page