WWYD? Unsolicited advice? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-21-2010, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambera View Post
DH thinks I should discuss the risks of ff with her bc he thinks she probably is not well informed about this. ... I think this is just none of my business.

WWYD?
Your DH sounds a bit naive - many skirmishes in The Mommy Wars have been sparked by less than what he proposes. I think what you thought (that it's none of your business) is spot on.

What would I do? I'd tell my DH to butt out.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#32 of 34 Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Definitely none of your business.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#33 of 34 Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
OP, it's nice that you've made it clear to her that she's welcome to bring her baby or pump during the day. I don't think there's anything you can do beyond that. Just tell your DH you're uncomfortable broaching the topic with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera971 View Post
Interesting take on the situation.

I guess if my boss were to make comments on breast feeding I would also feel uncomfortable - especially if my views were different. A boss to employee relationship is a lot more different than just mom to mom.
Sorry to go OT, but I just have to share that the first time I met my boss's boss (when I was visibly pregnant), as he was shaking my hand during our introduction he said, "Are you going to breastfeed?" Uh ... hi, inappropriate much?!?

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#34 of 34 Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM

I would tell dh to mind his own business.

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page