Mothering Forum banner

what are your kids names?

8K views 116 replies 101 participants last post by  Shoonasasi 
#1 ·
i'm looking for unusual names. specifically boys, since i don't seem to make girls! lol i'm thinking of having another baby, so i want to find THE name. i love names that are very uncommon. my oldest is Leiken. i LOVE his name. i want another name like that.

ideas? boys and girls, but mostly boys. lol

#11 ·
DS is Desmond
DD is Eloise

Other boy names I liked were:

Graham/Graeme
Emmett
Elias
Alastair
Everett
Byron
Augustus
Beckett
Callum
Finn
Gareth
Phineas
Broderick
Arthur
Eamon
Fergus
Tavish
Archer
Ronan

#12 ·
I assume you've seen the baby name wizard? There's a book and a website, and you can search for additional names based upon names you already use or names you like.

That being said, unusual boy names that are in my family or names I've considered using:

Severin
Lucian
Graeme

#13 ·
My sons are Kelly and Evan - not unusual (although Kelly is unusual as a boy's name these days).

I have a nephew named Darton, which is definitely unusual, although I'm used to it now.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenGranolaMama View Post
My son is Rowan

Other boys names I love are Jonas and Zephyr

good luck!
Just LOVE Rowan...my older daughter is called Rowan. My youngest DD is called Linden. Both boys names, but love em anyway!

#20 ·
When I was pregnant with DD (named Owyn, like Owen with a y) I had a dream that I had a baby boy name Israel. I've been stuck on the name ever since. DH doesn't like it though.

Others I like:
Arlo
Jasper
Jonas
Silas
Mathias
Ezra

#21 ·
The neighbors just had a son and named him Rocket... but, only call him Rocky. Which cracks me up because he looks much more like a "Rocket" than a "Rocky".

Edited to add... his oldest cousin is named "Indian". (not kidding) He's named after a motorcycle... I thought that was just mean. He only answers to Indy though. He's nine, and he hates being named after a motorcycle.... and the motorcycle is older than he is, so he resents that his parents liked that bike THAT much.

#23 ·
I only have girls, their names are Ainsley, Bethany, and Gabriella.

But, some of the names I like for boys are: Desmond, Declan, Faraday, Adrian, Julian, Luca, John, Broderick, Seamus, Shea, Dorian, Simon, August, Jude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.