Leaving an infant alone in an apartment? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter
 
StoriesInTheSoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MIL has told me a few times that when my DH was a baby/toddler (he's the firstborn) she would have to leave for work during his nap so she'd leave him asleep in his crib, lock the door to the apartment, and the lady in the apartment next door would turn on a baby monitor. When he woke up and cried, neighbor lady would go fetch him and bring him back to her apartment until MIL and FIL were home from work.

Does that sound totally scary to anyone else? She says it like it was 100% normal, totally fine, not a problem in the least. The thought of this scenario makes me so nervous though, and it happened 20+ years ago!

Would this be illegal in this day and age? What about in the mid-late 80s when this occurred?
StoriesInTheSoil is offline  
#2 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 AM
 
neetling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: safe in God's arms
Posts: 3,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems wrong to me and I would have put the baby down for a nap at the sitter's.

But it also doesn't seem so much worse than working in the yard or being on a different floor from your sleeping child either.
neetling is offline  
#3 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 02:26 AM
 
Bellabaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gex, France
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Considering neighbor had a baby monitor, to me its just like having a big house and being inthe basement while your lo is alseep. It just sounds worse because babe was technically alone in the actual apartment. Plus it was probably nice for you dh to go to sleep in his own bed with his mom.

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09
Bellabaz is offline  
#4 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 04:08 AM
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,864
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think I would really be ok with that. One wouldn't be aware of issues that might not make a baby cry.

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#5 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
 
mamadelbosque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 6,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't see how thats much different from being outside while my boys sleep, or downstairs or anything with a baby monitor. So... yeah, I'd be OK with that.
mamadelbosque is offline  
#6 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 AM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My gut reaction didnt have any bells going off, and I am the biggest worry wort on the planet! I am one of those idiots who wont leave my kids in a locked, cool, car to go in the station and pay for gas with cash or buy a gallon of milk. Like PPs said, with the monitor in hand, it just seems like being outside while the baby was inside sleeping.

Hell, I just did this with DS1 yesterday during his nap. He went down, but DS2 had already had a nap and it was to beautiful out to sit inside for 2.5 hours. So I just kept popping my head in the sliding glass door to make sure he hadnt woke yet. We were prolly 20 feet from him.

My only question is did MIL lock the front door to the apartment and the neighbor lady had a key? If Not, and she just left the door unlocked, then YES, that would be a problem for me.
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#7 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
 
annethcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: on the beautiful prairie of MN
Posts: 9,947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd be okay with that. It doesn't sound any different than leaving a baby sleep inside while mom is out working in the yard or in a different part of the house.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
annethcz is offline  
#8 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM
 
sapphire_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 27,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The fact that she needed to lock the apartment makes it unsafe to me.

If she felt safe enough leaving her apartment unlocked and the neighbor lady peeked in on the baby about every half hour then it'd be fine.

When we leave a baby to go do laundry in the basement or outside for yardwork or what have you, we come back in from time to time to check on things.

Personally, in that situation, I'd feel more safe rolling the crib to the neighbor's place.
sapphire_chan is offline  
#9 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
 
happysmileylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On the surface, it sounds bad to me-baby alone in an apartment. But when you think about it, I have put my little one down for a nap in the house upstairs, and then taken the moniter out into the yard to work in the garden. And I am not sure that's all that different.

Now, when you say apartment next door, I am thinking apartment building where the units are actually right next do each other with adjoining walls, making the neighbor's apartment just as close as the next room really. If what you really mean by next door is like next building over in the complex, that's too far for me.

Today though, even with neighbor being right next door and having a monitor, I can absolutely see this resulting in a DFS investigation at some point.
happysmileylady is offline  
#10 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:07 PM
 
Mommy2Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
The fact that she needed to lock the apartment makes it unsafe to me.

If she felt safe enough leaving her apartment unlocked and the neighbor lady peeked in on the baby about every half hour then it'd be fine.
It doesn't matter how "safe" where I live is. I'm locking my door regardless of the potential for someone breaking in or not.

Since the door was locked and the neighbor had a monitor, I think it was just fine. No different than being downstairs or upstairs or in the basement or outside.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Mommy2Austin is offline  
#11 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:07 PM
 
nextcommercial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We did things like that all the time when I was a kid. It was totally normal back then.

Parents would leave the kids sleeping at home while they did a quick grocery shopping or took the older kids to school, or took dad to work. I remember having a friend who's sons were little when we were in high school. She refused to even leave them alone in the house while she went out front to water the lawn. We all thought she was crazy.

We wouldn't do it now, but at that time, it wasn't uncommon.
nextcommercial is offline  
#12 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 PM
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't love the idea, but it doesn't sound too terrible. As long as someone was paying attention to him.

My mom used to leave the babies asleep in their cribs while she walked to the store for milk and stuff. Now the thought of that makes me panic a little.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

CrazyCatLady is offline  
#13 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:24 PM
 
newbymom05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
20 yrs ago? Doesn't even raise my eyebrows. My stepmother told me she used to give her son whatever anti-colic thing was popular then--perga-something?--because it would make him sleep, and then she'd go down to her complex's pool, leaving him 100% alone in the crib. She said she needed a break.

Honestly, I think the hands-on/AP/helicopter parenting we see now is a direct result of the horribly lax parenting of the 70's-80's.
newbymom05 is offline  
#14 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:28 PM
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Honestly, I think the hands-on/AP/helicopter parenting we see now is a direct result of the horribly lax parenting of the 70's-80's.
I believe it. I know that sometimes I go overboard with giving my kids time/attention/things they don't really need cause I'm trying to prevent them from feeling like I did as a kid (neglected).

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

CrazyCatLady is offline  
#15 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM
 
scottishmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in a little apartment
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in an apartment complex and my neighbor has left me with a baby monitor while her kid sleeps and she needs to do something. The distance from her baby's room to my living room is the same as the distance between the kitchen and master bedroom in my parent's house. I wouldn't do it myself, but I'm too paranoid to let my kid sleep in a crib. No kidding, I'm afraid to let her sleep on a separate surface from me and dh.

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
scottishmommy is offline  
#16 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM
 
scottishmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in a little apartment
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, I think the hands-on/AP/helicopter parenting we see now is a direct result of the horribly lax parenting of the 70's-80's.[/QUOTE]

I think it may be due to 24 hour news channels. People were way more laid back in the 50's and earlier.

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
scottishmommy is offline  
#17 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:55 PM
 
cappuccinosmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SW Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Considering neighbor had a baby monitor, to me its just like having a big house and being inthe basement while your lo is alseep. It just sounds worse because babe was technically alone in the actual apartment. Plus it was probably nice for you dh to go to sleep in his own bed with his mom.
I would choose an alternative (because I am paranoid). But I agree with this.

My children sleep in a room in our house that is farther from me than a next-door apartment would be. On another floor.

Because apartments have shared hallways, the locked door makes sense and doesn't mean it's any more dangerous. I lock my doors too, not because we're in a dangerous area, but because I don't want the possibility of random strangers walking in (especially the neighbor kids, who are prone to wandering.)
cappuccinosmom is offline  
#18 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 01:02 PM
 
Lisa85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
The fact that she needed to lock the apartment makes it unsafe to me.

If she felt safe enough leaving her apartment unlocked and the neighbor lady peeked in on the baby about every half hour then it'd be fine.

When we leave a baby to go do laundry in the basement or outside for yardwork or what have you, we come back in from time to time to check on things.

Personally, in that situation, I'd feel more safe rolling the crib to the neighbor's place.

I dont see how this is relevant. I never used to lock my doors. We are one block over from the police station and the neighborhood is filled with a few SAHMs and a lot of elderly who love to sit in their bay windows watching the world go by. One morning I awoke to a strange man sleeping in my basement on the couch. Judging by looks and cleanliness he wasn't homeless. He was dressed in dress pant, shirt, and tie. Dh and I didn't know who was or why he was there. Before waking him, we checked out the house, purse in plain sight was still there, back sliding door that we did always lock was open, all electronics and jewelry were there. Turns out our neighbors had friends from out of town for a wedding. We live in a mirror-image duplex, and the dude was too wasted to know which house was which. He was completely innocent, and embarrassed beyond belief but I will never again leave my doors unlocked.
Lisa85 is offline  
#19 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 PM
 
mandib50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: my own reality
Posts: 4,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
good question. i wouldn't do it, but then i'm probably a bit paranoid.
i've heard of moms leaving their babies in the crib sleeping while they went out for a jog around the neighborhood or taking their older kids to the park down the block leaving their baby at home in a crib, so the apartment scenario with a monitor actually sounds pretty safe in comparison.

my mil used to send my husband down to the lake fishing for the day when he was 5 (and drownings were fairly "common" where they lived). by himself. not in view of the house. and would tell him to come home for supper. i don't know, people were a lot more lax back then i think.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

mandib50 is offline  
#20 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
 
GuildJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishmommy View Post
Honestly, I think the hands-on/AP/helicopter parenting we see now is a direct result of the horribly lax parenting of the 70's-80's.
I think it may be due to 24 hour news channels. People were way more laid back in the 50's and earlier.[/QUOTE]

There's another thread going on this but I think it's a perception that it's due to news scare tactics and that may well be part of it, but I can assure you that most of my more "helicopter moments" come from the way we were left on our own as kids and not an irrational fear of stranger danger or whatever.

OP...speaking of which, it's probably not entirely rational since I too gardened outside with a baby monitor when my son was little but I don't think I'd be super comfortable with that.

But yes for sure - my mother used to walk me halfway to JK (7 blocks total) or go to the corner store while my sister was back in the house sleeping. (mid-70s) Many parents would also set up a playpen in a shady spot and stick an older infant/younger toddler in there for a couple of hours outside while doing chores inside so that the child would get fresh air.

I don't think people wondered or cared if it was illegal. It was really common at that time.

So if you're feeling all mama-bear horrified at the practice, just remember that one way or another we're all products of our time and culture. It doesn't mean you have to do the same!

~ Mum to Emily, March 12-16 2004, Noah, born Aug 2005, Liam, born January 2011, and wife to Carl since 1994. ~
GuildJenn is offline  
#21 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
 
ollyoxenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This sounds like the stories of farm families in earlier generations who would leave infants/young children untended while the crops needed to be planted or harvested etc.

Different times, different cultures, different standards.

I'm curious why you're concerned about something that happened so long ago? Is your MIL making suggestions about how closely you supervise your own children and using her own experiences as a comparison?
ollyoxenfree is offline  
#22 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 PM
 
Turquesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,050
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
The fact that she needed to lock the apartment makes it unsafe to me.
This. My first concern would be the neighbor losing the key.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Turquesa is offline  
#23 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
StoriesInTheSoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OP here! Thank you for all of the insight into this. I totally see the logic in the fact that the apartments shared a wall and therefore were not much different than a large house.

The idea doesn't make me cringe because of kidnapping or a break-in though. The thing I would have worried about would be fires or baby being injured and the monitor not working so that no one heard the cries. I am a wee bit paranoid about fires (not sure why, never been in one) and the thought of not being able to grab kiddo and head out the nearest door or window is really rattling to me. What if the neighbor didn't know that the apartment was on fire until her walls were burning too? Ack!

And someone asked the valid question of why this bothers me when it happened 20 years ago. That is because I just completely overthink and worry about everything, especially when I'm pregnant and extra hormonal!
StoriesInTheSoil is offline  
#24 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 PM
 
Mommy2Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyactsofcharity View Post
OP here! Thank you for all of the insight into this. I totally see the logic in the fact that the apartments shared a wall and therefore were not much different than a large house.

The idea doesn't make me cringe because of kidnapping or a break-in though. The thing I would have worried about would be fires or baby being injured and the monitor not working so that no one heard the cries. I am a wee bit paranoid about fires (not sure why, never been in one) and the thought of not being able to grab kiddo and head out the nearest door or window is really rattling to me. What if the neighbor didn't know that the apartment was on fire until her walls were burning too? Ack!
I've been there with the crazy pregnancy hormones :P

I still don't see it being different than being in another part of the house. That part of the house could catch on fire and I might not know it until its too late.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Mommy2Austin is offline  
#25 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
 
flitters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbymom05 View Post
Honestly, I think the hands-on/AP/helicopter parenting we see now is a direct result of the horribly lax parenting of the 70's-80's.
Sorry to derail a bit... I see how you can group hands-on and AP together, but lumping helicopter parenting into that category seems way off to me. In fact, I might have agreed with you if you had just said "helicopter" above.

The parenting choices of *most* of the other APish parents I know are the result of research, natural mindedness, and instinct... certainly not the result of their own lax parenting. (As an example, my mom raised me in a manner quite in line with AP, and without helicoptering. Even as a child I recognized that my friends were parented differently, and that many aspects of those differences did not seem better at all... it's no surprise to me that many years later I would identify as an AP parent and most of them would not).

As for the original post, it's not something I would do, but it doesn't freak me out as negligent either.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
flitters is offline  
#26 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
 
ananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Like others said, I see no difference between this and leaving the baby at one end of a large house, or inside with a baby monitor while you're outside gardening, watching older kids, etc...

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

ananas is offline  
#27 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 05:07 PM
 
EviesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Earth.
Posts: 3,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in an apartment building, and I think the setup makes all the difference. Our building is all brick. There are 2 fire stairwells, but you can't go out a window, it's literally a skyscraper. No fire escapes, no exitable windows as such. The building therefore has to be fireproof and have sprinklers, and such. Its made of poured concrete and brick. There was actually a kitchen fire on the first floor a couple years ago, and while it damaged the second floor balcony directly above, it did nothing whatsoever to any of the adjoining restaurants nor floors above. So I don't think I would worry about a neighbor watching a child in case of a fire in such a building.

I probably wouldn't lock the door so the neighbor could get to the baby easier, but on the other hand, we have doormen downstairs and most neighbors leave doors open to the hallway anyway. More friendly. (I don't, but that's because the dog has tried to go visiting other apartments before, and gone for a surprise--to her--elevator ride). I know people in giant houses where they leave their babies 3 floors away and then leave the baby monitor where they can't hear it easily either... unless the baby is really young or is old enough to climb out of the crib, I think checking periodically and a monitor seems okay.

I do go down the hall to do laundry or recycling while my kids are asleep or just watching TV, but they're a bit older. The only stairs and elevator to the exit is by the recycle/laundry so no one's coming in or kids coming out without me knowing it; I feel pretty safe in our building. I can also hear them in our apartment if I leave the door open, and vice versa.

So I don't know, picturing where we live now, I wouldn't do what your MIL did, but I wouldn't think it a horrible thing to do either.

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
EviesMom is offline  
#28 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 08:15 PM
 
Pavlovs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa85 View Post
One morning I awoke to a strange man sleeping in my basement on the couch. Judging by looks and cleanliness he wasn't homeless. He was dressed in dress pant, shirt, and tie. Dh and I didn't know who was or why he was there. Before waking him, we checked out the house, purse in plain sight was still there, back sliding door that we did always lock was open, all electronics and jewelry were there. Turns out our neighbors had friends from out of town for a wedding. We live in a mirror-image duplex, and the dude was too wasted to know which house was which. He was completely innocent, and embarrassed beyond belief but I will never again leave my doors unlocked.
That's hilarious! (although I'm sure at the time it was a bit scary for you - but wow, what a story!) That guy must have wanted to crawl under a rock. That reminds me of a time when my friend got into "her" car after work, noticed things didn't look quite the same as when she left it. When the actual owner came to get into the car and saw my friend there poking around looking for her "lost" stuff, it was just then that my friend realized the embarrassing coincidence that her key opened up this identical car, and her car was about 4 spaces down.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

Pavlovs is offline  
#29 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 08:25 PM
 
DevaMajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 10,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The scenario in the OP makes me feel a little panicky because of the locked door. What if the neighbor lost the key? What if the mom left the key on the table, and didn't realize until too late? What if something happened to the neighbor and no one else knew where the key was? So many what if's going on in my head!
I will admit, though, that I'm paranoid about kids being locked in cars and homes.
If the door wasn't locked, I probably wouldn't think that much of it.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)
 

DevaMajka is offline  
#30 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 08:26 PM
 
hollytheteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annethcz View Post
I'd be okay with that. It doesn't sound any different than leaving a baby sleep inside while mom is out working in the yard or in a different part of the house.
See but I would NEVER do that!! I'm not judging anyone who does but i could never even be on another floor while ds slept as an infant. 99% of the time he slept ON me anyway I don't trust baby monitors either!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
hollytheteacher is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off