doll? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone know where to buy a good plastic type (maybe soft body) doll that does not make noise or pee, poo, barf or fart?

Our daughter goes NUTS when she sees a doll but I can't find an old fashioned type high quality one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We got ours at Target. Soft plastic head and hands and feet, cloth body. The one-piece outfit comes off.

Live and love with your whole being.
#3 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 10:38 AM

I like Corolle dolls for my kids, and have gotten them either used off ebay or you can order them new from amazon.com.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#4 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 AM

We love the Gotz Maxy dolls. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...z+maxy&x=0&y=0

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
#5 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I love the American Girl baby doll. Yes, it is expensive. It is, however, a quality toy that last for years and years.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#6 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 PM

My son has two Lots To Love Dolls by berenguer
http://www.jctoys.com/products/155130

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#7 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
If you have a Toys R Us you should be able to find a high quality but not too expensive one. My dd has had a few five dollar dolls for years and they are also made well enough to last. She also has a small American Girl Doll but I don't like paying a lot of money for toys made in China so she only has the one. The quality isn't any different from that of her five dollar ones also made in China, they have all been good quality and sturdy enough to last.
#8 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 PM

For that type of doll, I like Corrolle. We have a 20 inch Corrolle doll that can wear baby clothes. We got it for DD when I was pregnant with DS and liked that it was the size of a real baby. Our neighbors have this smaller one for their two boys, and they both love it.

If you really want high quality, I think Kathe Kruse dolls are beautiful.
#9 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 02:31 PM

my son has an Anerican girls baby that used to be one of his aunts. That has seen it all and survived! I love that they hold up and have so many ethnicity options.
#10 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 03:23 PM

We have a Corolle doll. My son loves it!
I got him this one. He even breastfeeds it! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#11 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 03:33 PM

We have a Gotz doll. She's great but I do not care for the copious amount of hair she has.

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#12 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Ds has this doll. We really like it and so does he. It is all hard, but he wanted to be able to get it wet, so that made more sense to us. I also like that his has an uncircumsized penis. And that it doesn't just come in a blonde girl doll, yk?
#13 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 06:06 PM

I also recommend Corolle dolls. DD2 loves hers.

About me: I  caffix.giftreehugger.gifcold.gifknit.gifphotosmile2.gif, and read.gif. Oh, and I'm dizzy.gif with love.gif for DH and DCx3!

#14 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 06:29 PM

My dd has a Corolle Mon Premiere Calin doll. She loves it, and it has held up very well.
#15 of 21 Old 06-12-2010, 08:12 PM

I love that they make anatomically correct dolls! When my kids were little they were always very concerned as to why the dolls had no genitals.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#16 of 21 Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 AM
ssh

My DD has 4 of the disney princess baby dolls. They are easy to clean, very soft and we've gotten some second hand doll clothes for them. I know a lot of people don't like disney stuff, but they're really just dolls with different colored eyes and hair. Here are some pics http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3532886 , http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3532885 , http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3532858 . The hair is very soft and is holding up really well. The dolls went on sale half price last holiday season. And they are the perfect size for a 4 year old's arms. I can't find pictures but there are brunette and redhead babies too.
#17 of 21 Old 06-13-2010, 12:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The Corolle dolls are amazing. My kids have minis and they have seen it all. One left hers in the kiddie pool while we went on vacation. wehn we got home it was green and slimy. I hug it on the clothes line for a month. When I finally got around to addressing it it was was clean, still smelled like vanilla (they are vanilla scented!!) and her hair was still perfect (we have ones with long hair for styling). But the soft body ones can bre thrown into the washer. We also had some clothes that sat in a bag midewing. once again just tossed them in the wash with everything else and they came out perfect. everything they make is machine washable and it comes out perfect. Worth every penny.

For their big dolls they have Bitty Babies from American girl. They are really nice dolls. I don't know if they are any higher quality than any other comparable doll. But my kids love them and value them and because of that take very good care of them. and they have a fantastic warrenty. (if you get the ones with hair this is important because their hair is garunteed to always be nice and they will replace it for free if it gets snarly).

Ava also has a baby chou chou which was cheap but it makes noise. I am pretty sure however that they make ones that do not. She has loved this doll and it has held up well.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#18 of 21 Old 06-13-2010, 12:34 AM

nak

corolle here-calin & tidoo. tidoo can go in tubby but i haven't told dd1 that yet.

we also have a set of twin fisher price babies-boy & girl...

dd loves them all & they get a lot of play in our house.

I believe that any corolle dolls that say they are for 2 & under (or maybe it's 18 mos & under) are also BPA/Phthalate/PVC free.

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#19 of 21 Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmamma View Post
I like Corolle dolls for my kids, and have gotten them either used off ebay or you can order them new from amazon.com.
I like the Corolle dolls too. They are so soft and sweet.

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#20 of 21 Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 AM

In addition to our many Corelle dolls, We also have a few Madame Alexander baby dolls - the Huggums variety. They have a very "classic" face and my DD adores hers.
#21 of 21 Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caemommy View Post
In addition to our many Corelle dolls, We also have a few Madame Alexander baby dolls - the Huggums variety. They have a very "classic" face and my DD adores hers.
We have this same doll. I don't know if you have Tuesday Morning stores where you live but we found one there recently for a friend for $14. They may have them on their website.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page