MIL making DD call her "Mom"**UGLY UPDATE POST 65** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaingirl79 View Post
Have you checked craigslist? Apartments.com is overpriced.
Ditto to that... I just checked Chicago craigslist & there were lots of rooms under $500 (do a search with 500 as the max price otherwise you'll be overwhelmed with the $1000+ apts!) I don't know if they are in good areas or whatever but it's worth looking at. Also check the website for your local newspaper, that's how I found $350 apts when all the apt's in my area were $800-1200

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 AM

Just pulled up the Craiglist Chicago listings...in the city of Chicago...I would avoid almost every single one of those ads. There are some that "could" be ok, but the vast majority of the apts. that are listed are in very questionable areas...if not in gang-town anyways. If you got a bit out of the city (but you would have the expense of commuting) you could find some nice, more inexpensive places.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I posted another thread in TAO about potentially moving out of state. The Chicago craigslist ads aren't cutting it. I think we need to go out of state. We really need to get away from MIL. I don't have much family, only my "stepdad" (pretty much raised me for 9 years before my mom passed away- he was her fiance). Anyways- I need all the help I can get with this.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would. Get out. I've lived with my MIL for nearly four miserable years. I would do nearly anything to get out of this situation (i can't leave, she's dependent on us).

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

User Tag List