Ready for a cell phone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2010, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by velochic View Post
I agree. Pet peeve... parents let their child answer the phone, but it's like pulling teeth to get the parent on the phone because the child is either too young to know or has not be taught phone etiquette. When dd starts to show interest in talking on the land line, this will be learned first.
This is a pet peeve of mine. Even though my children all have their own phone at this point none of them are still allowed to answer mine (they are 13, 10 and 7) unless I am in the middle of something, know who it is and specifically ask them to please pick up my phone. BUt my kids were never big phone uses before and still aren't (even though they have their own phones they still have to get permission to call their friends for idle chat so there is a 99% chance it is for me) But I hate when other peoples kids pick up the phone and even if they say they are taking the messge I don't know if they really are and why couldn't they just let it go to voice mail? I also hate it when kids set the answering machine or voice mail messege and you can't understand what they are saying....ugh, how am I supposed to know if I got the right number?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List