I think my little girl is special - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little Lea'Ann has always been kind of special. She seems very in tune to nature and she loves to talk to the flowers and catch bugs and then let them go again. She tells me that the sun and moon are her friends and that she talks to them. She tells me stories that her tree friends tell her and she always seems so calm.

We are gluten free, dairy free, and egg free. We do a lot of fresh veggies and meats from locals.

Lea'Ann is also very sensitive to everything. When she sees litter on the side of the road she'll tell me that the earth is sad. She tells me the fireflies whisper to her at night.

We've been trying to purge out all plastic items in our home because I don't want to hurt Lea'Ann with surrounding her with all the plastics.

Does anyone else have a child like this? I would love to talk about the difficulties in raising a unique child and how to protect her from some of the not so nice things in the world

Mummy to Le'Roy Davis (2) and Lea'Ann Rose-Marie (5)
#2 of 16 Old 07-20-2010, 03:05 PM

My son (2 1/2yo) is incredibly sensitive and empathetic (and bashful). As such he is also easily overwhelmed by things other kids may not even notice, like television. We have no television reception in our rural location and that eliminates 95% of the things I don't feel is helpful to his development. We also keep our outings limited to a couple car trips a week and that seems to keep us in a calm rhythm. We live on a farm so every outing involves the car. It is so special to hear what he has to say and what he feels, but it can be so challenging at times too.
#3 of 16 Old 07-20-2010, 03:13 PM

are you familiar with Gardner's types of intelligence? it sounds like you have a little naturalist intelligence babe on your hands.. here is some info, though the author offers a critical perspective, it's the best quick description i could find of that one of gardner's multiple intelligences..

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#4 of 16 Old 07-20-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

henny penny Thank you for sharing your son with me! He sounds a lot like my little girl! Isn't it such a wonderful blessing!

hildare thank you so much for the link! I will definitely check it out now and find more sources from google <3

#5 of 16 Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Wow momma! What a magical little girl you have! Have you read the indigo thread? From what you are describing I'd say that may just be the case! Are you planning on unschooling her? I'm afraid a very structured environmant may damage her little spirit!
#6 of 16 Old 07-20-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebebradford View Post
Wow momma! What a magical little girl you have! Have you read the indigo thread? From what you are describing I'd say that may just be the case! Are you planning on unschooling her? I'm afraid a very structured environmant may damage her little spirit!
I want to unschool her but unfortunately my husband has decided she will be in school no matter what. I really have a feeling we're going to have so many issues. Not only from the structured environment but what about from the other students?

I worry for her spirit. She's so innocent and free and in tune with nature right now. And she's happy!

#7 of 16 Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebebradford View Post
The description of the indigo children (from the book description) is NOT what the OP described. At all. Indigo children sound like typical spoiled brats (sorry to be so harsh!) and the OP's daughter seems sweet as heck!

Anyway - my Dd is sensitive, but not that much so. Your child sounds so precious! Just encourage her to be true to herself and you're doing your job
#8 of 16 Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainydais&Mondais View Post
I want to unschool her but unfortunately my husband has decided she will be in school no matter what. I really have a feeling we're going to have so many issues. Not only from the structured environment but what about from the other students?

I worry for her spirit. She's so innocent and free and in tune with nature right now. And she's happy!
My dd is like that still (though we don't have the same diet and plastic really doesn't bother me at all). She still loves to talk to birds and bugs and she tells lots of creative stories about everything and always has (her daycare and preschool teachers always told me she will be an author some day). I really emphasized building up my dd and her free spirit and school hasn't hurt that. I am not sure if it is something that depends on where you send your kids to school, but I really haven't noticed kids being stifled by school (except the violent ones who spend a lot of their time being hated by the other children and visiting the principle). My dd has always been the child with children around her because she spins such wonderful stories for them to act out. I think school has helped her become even more of a free spirit because her peers accept that and love that creativity.

School is a big worry for many parents, but it often turns out just fine. I didn't believe that it would, but it really did. In fact I pulled my dd out for the last semester because her teacher was too okay with dd's free spirit and not very good at guiding her towards do much of anything beyond rolling on the carpet and drawing pictures on her paper (something she had never done at daycare or school even when she was two).
#9 of 16 Old 07-21-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmama View Post
The description of the indigo children (from the book description) is NOT what the OP described. At all. Indigo children sound like typical spoiled brats (sorry to be so harsh!) and the OP's daughter seems sweet as heck!

Anyway - my Dd is sensitive, but not that much so. Your child sounds so precious! Just encourage her to be true to herself and you're doing your job
I have done research on crystal children and indigos.. That description is not entirely accurate. Indigos are sensitive, and act much older/wise than they really are.Besides, the OP knows her ds is a crystal child, so it's very likely that her daughter is as well. The universe usually pairs them.
#10 of 16 Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 AM

Also,Researchers claim that about 95% of children born after 1994 are indigo children. I think many of us are drowning out their inner essence with the horrible things in our world today that we have brought upon ourselves.
#11 of 16 Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Op, your dd sounds like a beautiful, magical child. I would read up on the rainbow/crystal(not indigo) children (that is, if you haven't already)

My older dd talks to/hears the trees and earth all the time, and she sometimes sees the fairies. My younger one is more introverted about it all, I catch her talking to the birds though, and they tend to land on her

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmama View Post
If indigos come off as spoiled brats we might bare in mind that they have a lot to cope with a largely inflexible and unaccepting older generation. Especially the older indigos. They've had quite a job to do, just sayin'.
#12 of 16 Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 AM

I'm not sure if you got my pm momma, but I need to tell you some important things. So I'll post it here as well..
Indigo and Crystal children have to be protected from the outside world. You were chosen to be their guardians in this world. The year 2012 is going to be the year for them.. you will see them mature immensely between now and then. Be ready for them to start asking questions about humanity.. the cosmos.. and life. They already know the answers, but sometimes you as the indigo guardian must help them remember. One day it will all "click" for them. You will actually start to learn and take cues from your children. Be alert.. These children are our future. Make sure they treat themselves as temples.. don't let anything unpure to be eaten.. Most indigos thrive on vegan diets. Tv will most likely make them very anxious. I suggest camping trips and long walks through the wilderness to help them become one with nature like they were in all their past lives. Let them channel any anger out of their minds.. they are most likely remembering something upsetting from many lives ago and must work through it. Tantrums make be common for the young ones. Stay patient.. keep your eyes open.. and protect the gift.
Feel free to message me back and I will give you more details.. some that should not be shared in such an open forum. Not everyone will understand the gift.
#13 of 16 Old 07-22-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainydais&Mondais View Post
I want to unschool her but unfortunately my husband has decided she will be in school no matter what.
Something really bothered me about that statement.

Why does your husband get the final say? Why is his wants more important than yours? I just wonder because what if you were like "we are homeschooling her and that is it". Are you allowed to make those type of decisions yourself?

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#14 of 16 Old 07-22-2010, 01:07 AM

My dd is also quite sensitive to others' emotions( empathic of sorts). She has also started seeing auras lately( or how she describes them as rainbow lights around my head) which is a family trait. I found out through lot's of trial and error that limiting plastics/chemicals, heavy processed foods and animal products helps a bit.

I think it's fantastic that you're supporting your little one in her uniqueness! I know lot's of parents that have poo poo'd their child's gifts and it caused a lot of strife later in life for the kids.

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

#15 of 16 Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 PM

DS1 is very sensitive. He's always saying how he wants to protect the animals and will pick up litter. He LOVES animals. He's a little shy around a lot of them, but he saves up whatever change he can find to help them. Last year he donated his savings (we give him loose change) to an aunt's non-profit for all the boys and girls who don't have toys. He brings flowers in to his teachers and I have a million of my own. He works on crafts to give to people. He loves being fair, so if I compliment his handwriting and joke that it's better than mine, he will say "No, yours is just as nice as mine mommy". While he does have his fair share of squabbles with his little brother, he also takes care of him and the minute DS2 is crying, he is there stroking his leg saying "It's okay, brother's here".

I worry a lot about him and protecting him. Part of me wants to keep him in this world where I can protect him from the nastiness, but I think it's also important to show him that there is bad things going on in the world, however there are good people working very hard to stop that. I think that is what I need to focus on, because whenever I get down about the state of the world, I look to my inspiration of all the good people against all odds fighting the good fight.

I should also say, regarding school, we are very lucky that he is in a school that shares a lot of our values. There is a great emphasis on sharing and caring. His teachers love his sensitive nature as he's often the peace maker and loves to nurture other kids. He adores his teacher, whom he's had for the past 2 years, so the Directress and I have been working around his needs to get him used to the idea that he will have a new teacher this fall. I anticipate some fallout, but we both believe it's in his best interests and I know they will work diligently to help him work through this change. So there are schools and staff who will work with sensitive kids. I think if it is a must, then I'd (if I were in your shoes) would be adamant about finding a small school where her nature would be respected if not encouraged.

Don't trust anyone under 5! Mom to 3 boys under 5. Blogging to save my sanity.
#16 of 16 Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyster View Post
I think if it is a must, then I'd (if I were in your shoes) would be adamant about finding a small school where her nature would be respected if not encouraged.
Maybe you can find a charter waldorf school.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page