Would you serve/eat cake that was on a wooden train track? *updated PHOTO post 1* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 126 Old 07-28-2010, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read the first page way back when you first posted and I am so happy to have come back for the pics because they are GORGEOUS. Your kid is one lucky little guy . What a spread!

My baby is 5 months old... I have a bit of time before he eats his first cake!

ps. the tracks look great. I wouldn't have a problem eating off clean tracks whatsoever

My family = me + dh & ds +
#122 of 126 Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post
That is too cute! My ds would LOVE that cake (he's train obsessed). I've thought about getting that pan many times, but can't justify the purchase (ds doesn't eat cakes, at all, but would eat banana muffins... but I'm not sure they would actually come out of the pan).
If you use cake release they should pop right out. I'd worry more about them cooking properly because that is a dense batter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post
thats awesome!!!! and thanks for the sale link, i was wanting to get one for ds's birthday coming up, but the cost was too much.

are the littletrains pretty much individual servings? ds will be 3 if that makes any difference
Yes, they are roughly the size of a large cupcake. When baking, they took about the same time as a pan of cupcakes.
#123 of 126 Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Can I just say, I totally want my mom to bake me that cake for my next *cough*34th*cough* birthday.

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." â E.B. White
#124 of 126 Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Wow! That is the coolest cake I've ever seen!

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#125 of 126 Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Oh my god. Just had to chime in that that's the cutest cake I've ever seen.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#126 of 126 Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 PM

Figuring that plates were not meant to be eaten, and most people dont have an issue with cake on a plate...

That is adorable! I like the suggestion of wrapping the train tracks in plastic wrap.

Perhaps place the tracks on a 2x4 and wrap the 2x4 with the track on it so that the top surface is smooth, then place the cake cars on top.

Jennifer, first time Mom, working full time, married to Paul. Katherine "Kate" Mary Lou was born 8.10.10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page