Mothering Forum banner

Mums of Many it's August!

4K views 62 replies 31 participants last post by  homemademom 
#1 ·
See less See more
#54 ·
Welcome baby Ayla! Sweet name for a sweet babe!

And we are expecting #6. I need to call my doctor tomorrow and figure out when she wants to see me.

I'm due April 25, but imagine I'll hit May.

We probably got pg the weekend we bought our tickets to DisneyWorld so I won't be riding the fun rides again.

I'll be 10 weeks at that trip. Do you think I'll be in maternity clothes or really stretchy elastic shorts?

#56 ·
Congrats Michelle...I remember you were thinking of another a while back.

Devon is 3 weeks today. He's sleeping in the moby right now. He is so so sweet!!! I am doing great thanks to all his good sleeping and my wonderful family. It's our last week of summer and I'm sorry for the kids as their dad will be back to work doing prep for school starting and I can't really take them anywhere! I can't take them to the pool, and even parks make me nervous as I have a really rascally 3 yr old at the moment...think running away, streets, etc. The big kids can be helpful but they're independent and sometimes aren't within earshot either. So they have playdates and we might try the farmer's market. My mom comes Friday so she'll be here for their first week of school to help me transition.

This is our last baby and I keep trying to remember that quote "Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened" as I am tempted to be sappy, sad and nostalgic about my last pregnancy, my last birth, my last newborn...sigh.

#57 ·
1 More Mom of many here I have 8 ! 4 boys and 4 girls ages range from 22 on down to 7!I know I finally found a great thread here ! so many Moms that have so many children! Now I know Im not the only one !

#59 ·
Well, I'm new to this thread. We're expecting baby #7 and our 6 older kids are 10, almost 9, 6, 4, 2, and 11 months. We live in Anchorage, AK... I was wondering - posted over in the VBAC forum - if any of you other grand multip moms had the number of babies you've had become an issue when you went about finding out if VBAC was an option for you? I had an appointment today and it doesn't immediately seem to be but will know more after my next appointment. My c/s was with baby #6 (emergency, unplanned, necessary)...

#61 ·
Am just posting here because even though we only have three kids...I am feeling lonely. Almost everyone I know has 1-2 children. We're already weird for having three but we're going to try again in December for #4 and I know I will need some form of social support. I know only one family IRL with four children and the fourth one was a surprise...I would love to meet some flesh and blood families with lots of littles but for now, I need SOMEBODY...so, here I am. Anybody have any tips for meeting large families IRL? Where did you find your friends?

#63 ·
Hey mamas. Tell me about meal times. Not so much dinner, but breakfast and lunch. I'm SO tired of being a shorter order cook! NO ONE can agree on what they want to eat. Half of the kids don't like oatmeal, they ALL want their eggs cooked differently, most don't like sandwiches, one won't eat a lick of produce, AAAAHHHH, snacks are impossible. I'm just tired of it. I would just like to put the food out and have them ALL eat it for once. Mealtimes and snacktimes (so, uh, 5 times a day) are a HUGE energy suck for me. It's like this dark cloud that hangs over the house. What do you do??? I'm so, so, so tired of the pickiness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.