Mothering Forum banner

Mums of Many it's September!

3K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  naturallyspeaking 
#1 ·
Welcome

First day of spring here in Australia

I didn't post in the August thread so welcome to the new babies and new members of the MOM thread

Sam

2010 Mums of Many Threads:

Mums of Many - August
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1249149
Mums of Many - July
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1239712
Mums of Many - June
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1229724
Mums of Many - May
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1220205
Mums of Many - April
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1210515
Mums of Many - March
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1200838
Mums of Many - February
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1190429
Mom's of Many - January
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1177896

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey everyone!

Delilah just turned seven yesterday, so now my four children are 9, 7, 4 and 3. I've been spending the day cleaning the house and packing up because we're leaving for vacation on Friday.

#4 ·
Subbing. My three are 4, 3, and 19mo. We're TTC #4. My 4 and 3yo are going to start pre-K next week, so that will be interesting. It's 4 days a week from 8:30-12:30. I need to go buy DD1 some clothes as she seems to have outgrown everything this summer and is mostly running around in underwear and jammies

#7 ·
Subbing. I have 4 and it's many to me
. They are 7, 5, 2 and 2. After today's fiasco of a day I am counting down until next Tuesday when my oldest heads back to school. Dd starts next Wednesday and goes 2-3 days/week so I'll just have the youngest two at home for half of the week. Unfortunately they are crazy right now so it might not seem like much of a break

phathui5 Have a great holiday! What are the plans?

#8 ·
I've had an offer to go back to work next year as the lady who replaced me when I went on maternity leave will be on maternity leave herself. Not sure what to do; I am not sure I am ready to leave my babies and I will have to find childcare for Bronte, Nate and Sophia which will be hard and cost a lot around here so not sure if its worth it.

#11 ·
I finally found the Moms of Many tribe

We have baby number 6 due in December though one of them is my stepdaughter and only with us very parttime.
It has been a SUPER busy spring and summer for us! We are building our cob home and are about 2 weeks away from a roof

Hoping that the weather holds out at least a few more weeks for us now!! We are hoping to be in the house by November all going well!!
Homeschooling is starting up for us but we are fairly relaxed about it all so no big stress there! All is great in our world

#13 ·
Good luck figuring out what to do, Sam! Work situations are always hard decisions.

Kimmom, what's a cob home?

We're on our third week of school. This is my third year homeschooling dd1. Dd2 is going to public Kindergarten. I'm pretty sure I'll be homeschooling her next year, though, I just need to track down good curricula for blind/low vision kids. She's having fun, but I miss her! And I think dd1 is getting lonely being the only one hsing (though it's sooo much easier for me
) We're part of a great co-op, we start that the 9th.

#14 ·
School just started up on Monday. Only my 6 year old has gone back full time. My four year olds start tomorrow, 1/2 days mon-fri. My 3 year old doesn't start nursery school until the end of Oct. So after today I'll have 3 at school and 3 at home.

The 1/2 days at school make for so much running around!

#16 ·
Thank you for starting the new thread! AND for posting it in the old, or I would have totally missed it!

We are currently in week three of our new homeschooling year (which is funny to say, as we don't ever really stop, but we are starting new adventures as the weather shifts).
I am super excited about fall and winter, as this is when we see more family, the weather cools, and this year it means closer to baby time!
About 16 more weeks to go until baby!
We are currently in birthday and anniversary season right now, 3 of the kids have birthdays close together, many other family member birthdays, and many anniversaries, including our own! Lots of celebrating

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by baltic_ballet View Post
How are you going Annette? how's your pregnancy going?
I was wondering about that too.

And I only found you because you posted in the old thread, Sam.

#18 ·
I almost forgot to post the link, I saw a new mum had post in the old August thread so I thought I should point her in the direction of the new September thread and then I remembered the MOM's who sub

#19 ·
I'm doing OK. Tired, huge, nausesated, weepy, heartburny, and tired because I can't sleep at night. But other than that, great!
My littlest-for-now guy starts preschool on Tuesday. It will be OK. It's mainstream, but non-academic and he'll have a great time and it will make homeschooling the other three much much much easier. But still, it's something we've never done before and it's hard to not have one of my little ones with me.

Sam, how's life with twins? You managing OK?

#20 ·
Sam,

What are the specifics of your job? It's so hard to make those decisions - especially when the money isn't great.

I work part-time during the school year only. It's a great gig and yet sometimes I think I should quit and stay home.

But then sometimes I think I need to keep it up just for my sanity. And just hold that space (figuratively) for mamas who want to have that choice. My situation is so rare, and yet why is that? There are tons of brilliant moms who have the capacity to work just a bit - and yet the opportunities aren't there.

So each year, I renew my contract, and so far it has worked out. But you need good help - you can't just hire a nice person when you are talking about many children, including babies.

#21 ·
tifpaul, I am Library Technician at a high school so it's fantastic in the fact that I only work school hours and get school holidays off. Most of the money I would earn would go into child care for my three youngest. I really love my job, but my twins Nate and Sophia will be 1 and my daughter Bronte 2 when I am due to go back and I can't decide whether I am ready to leave them so soon.

Oh and every time I go back to work I end up pregnant again

Annette, life with twin is hectic, fun and exhausting, I am very blessed to have two older daughters, Maddie 17 and Lottie 16 who are very helpful.

#23 ·
I'm going to sub as well. I joined the ranks of "many" in April with our fourth child. I'm thinking that I'd like one more before we're done. We're in our first week of homeschooling...rough with three of them at school age and a baby on board as well.

#24 ·
Every time I try and get back into midwifery and going to births, I end up pregnant (planned too!) before I start!

Anyone drive a Chevy Express 12 passenger van??? I have a Sienna now and it's just so crowded- my kids are tall- and we can't take extra kids which is totally dysfunctional for carpooling purposes. I hate that they can all touch each other too!! Anyone have advice? I'm really leaning towards the Express. I have driven one. It's big, but we're big! ?!

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post

Anyone drive a Chevy Express 12 passenger van??? I have a Sienna now and it's just so crowded- my kids are tall- and we can't take extra kids which is totally dysfunctional for carpooling purposes. I hate that they can all touch each other too!! Anyone have advice? I'm really leaning towards the Express. I have driven one. It's big, but we're big! ?!
I am curious about this as well for the same reasons....... kids are tall, and hauling extra kids (and extra stuff!). We have a grand dodge caravan with 213,000 miles on it so we are hoping to replace it next year, and we are feeling very cramped! Baby on the way will max out our seating, no more taking Grandma and Auntie along, let alone the kid's friends. We have been debating looking for a 9 passenger suburban or just making the jump to the 12- passenger van. Input and advice would be great!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
Every time I try and get back into midwifery and going to births, I end up pregnant (planned too!) before I start!
!
Yeah, this is me too. I've set big goals for the next year hoping to squeeze in some skills intensives (one next month) my NNR cert, and an out of country internship (next summer) before conceiving our last (?) baby.

So we're back from vacation and I am sooooo glad to be home.

Kat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.