I had to share these very, very awesome toys - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD and I hung out at the local toy store today (Bric A Brac, for any Montrealers out there) to escape the rain awhile. As we walked up and down the aisles, I kept spotting these very cool toys in amazing packaging. The colours were gorgeous, the toys original, and the boxes doubled as wrapping in case you were offering the toy as a gift.

They're apparently made by B Toys, who seem to be very earth-conscious and centred around kids. I know a lot of mamas here are looking for original toys and/or gift ideas, so I thought I'd pass this along. DD got a Funkey ring and loves it (although, of course, she loves to box more).

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
#2 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:06 PM

We love these too! We also have the funkeys, and the zany zoo is ds's favorite thing ever I love that the paint on the wood stuff is soy based.

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#3 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 PM

Our girls were given the Stackadoos by their grandparents when we were visiting them this summer. I hadn't ever seen them (or this brand) but the girls love their bristle blocks!

http://justb-byou.com/toys/sculptura...ck-stackadoos/

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#4 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:08 PM

I've seen these and i'm not sure how I feel about them, though I agree the packaging is cool. On the site you posted, the Parum Pum Pum set we own...it was actually a Parents brand set, but it looks exactly the same except different colors and I do not like it at all. The instruments look cute, but aren't very functional. I guess I just like "real" instruments.
#5 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Banned

I think this is what the Parents brand has become. I always liked the look of the Parents stuff at Target (I was good and didn't buy b/c DD really didn't need more toys, but the phone and keys and stuff were the only toys I was tempted by!) and we did get DD a ride on bike from that brand, and everyone always commented on its colors and cuteness-- a great wood foot trike! And I like the rebranding a lot, too. I want to get her the big doodle board. They style is very eye-catching for sure
#6 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
I think this is what the Parents brand has become. I always liked the look of the Parents stuff at Target (I was good and didn't buy b/c DD really didn't need more toys, but the phone and keys and stuff were the only toys I was tempted by!) and we did get DD a ride on bike from that brand, and everyone always commented on its colors and cuteness-- a great wood foot trike! And I like the rebranding a lot, too. I want to get her the big doodle board. They style is very eye-catching for sure
I saw those at Target too and thought they looked vaguely familiar. Now I know why. I always found the Parents brand to be good quality toys, it sounds like now they've updated their look to be more fashion forward and are called B Toys? We had one of the hammer/balls things and it has been through many, many children.

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#7 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 PM

We B. Toys! I discovered them just before DD's first birthday last month. Currently we have the FunKeys and the One Two Squeeze blocks, but I am planning on getting her a lot more of them. Like, one of each.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#8 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
That's why they looked so familiar!!
#9 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Dang, we don't have Target up here. Good thing the independent stores carry the line. I think I'll be buying more...

(I just rechecked their website and one of the kid quotes came up. This one said "But Daddy's a big boy and HE doesn't sleep alone." Ha!!!! Out of the mouthes of babes...)

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
#10 of 16 Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tway View Post
Dang, we don't have Target up here. Good thing the independent stores carry the line. I think I'll be buying more...

(I just rechecked their website and one of the kid quotes came up. This one said "But Daddy's a big boy and HE doesn't sleep alone." Ha!!!! Out of the mouthes of babes...)
Barnes and Noble is now carrying them, too.
#11 of 16 Old 09-10-2010, 11:50 AM

We have that kitty piano and we all love it. We have it in green though which I dont like as much as the orange. But wait for it to go on sale, because it will!
#12 of 16 Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My daughter has the bristle blocks in the old colors.

She was also given a set of beads that looked REALLY cool...but the smell. Oh, the smell! We could not get rid of the smell. It was really bad - almost like stale pot but stronger. I have noticed the smell on a few of their other products. Just take a whiff before you buy.

I just looked, dd actually has quite a few of the toys in the old colors. Anyway, this is the one that had the strongest stink:

http://justb-byou.com/toys/creative/pop-arty/

It was such a let down because it was totally her kind of toy.
#13 of 16 Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How funny, my dog was just sitting on the Dr Doctor set's stethoscope and I was trying to work out what was making the noise.
#14 of 16 Old 09-11-2010, 02:41 AM

Yes! My mom got DS some of the blocks the other day, as a gift for the plane ride. DS loves to squeak them, and knock down towers... We say he is morally opposed to towers, because if he sees us building one across the room he will come charging over to knock it down
#15 of 16 Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Banned

Oh man, they have a doctor's kit? WHY didn't that come up when I was searching? I've been putting together a homemade set for the Great Pumpkin to bring DD (trading in TOT candy), since she's obsessed with being a doctor (for Halloween and in general) right now. Oh well, I like my all-real set, too. But I bet this one is super cute!

Also, at the dog making toy noises
#16 of 16 Old 09-11-2010, 05:11 PM

i was gonna say, it looks like the parents stuff at target... i noticed they had recently changed the packaging and colors, but didnt notice the name change.

ds has quite a few of those toys, some gifts, some i bought, some from freecycle. they hold up great, and he loves them

the wheee-ls are a (re)new(ed) favorite- he got them 2 christmas's ago, and hes been playing with them a ton recently. hes almost 3, and got them when he was like 14 months. they still look new... he got the zany zoo that same christmas

still loves the animal band too, and we got that from freecycle around the same time

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page