Need to vent a bit. Have a friend who always seems to need to 'one-up' me.*Updated situation fixed it's self* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know it has been a while but things seem to have fixed themselves... well in a way at least. I think she caught on that there was some weirdness and has been backing away from the friendship on her own. The funny thing is that, while this is what I wanted, it still stings a bit. I am being obviously replaced by a 'new' friend and not invited to things that I used to do with this friend and another mutual friend of ours. One would think that the 'high school' drama would have stayed in high school! Thank you for all of the good advice, it's nice to have these forums to come and talk about things and be taken seriously smile.gif

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

#32 of 34 Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 AM

Even though it does *sting* a bit to see the friend move on with your other friend just remember the way she made you feel. I feel sorry for the other friend,because eventually that negativity will be turned on to her.Right now they are in the honeymoon phase,lol.Either that or they might both be nagative.Be polite to them when encountered, but fill your day with others.

Glad you are OK following the stranger invasion incident. While I am crazy about locking all doors and windows to prevent(well lessen) the risk of  home invasion I would NEVER berate someone for leaving their doors unlocked. If you look at the cases where families have faced home invasion there are few if any cases where the adult(s) were able to fight of the person(s).She can talk all she wants,but she can only guess what she would do.Only those who have been through it can tell you how it felt.Most are to stunned to even react.

Wishing you more peaceful days ahead!

#33 of 34 Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When someone is just using to to gratify their own need to one up someone, it is not such a bad thing to be replaced. 

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#34 of 34 Old 11-15-2010, 12:55 AM

hug.gif

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page