Am I the only one that doesn't smoke pot? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 151 Old 10-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by east carolina View Post
I have friends that smoke pot and I still do, but pretty rarely. We've had some pot in the house on occasion. DS is 5 and has no clue about marijuana. He knows about smoking, because he sees alot of people do it and knows that some of our friends do. I've told him about the risk of smoking and he was a receptive listener so when he's gotten too judgmental about it, I also told him that I used to smoke when I was younger and that everybody has to decide for themselves if and when they want to smoke and when they want to quit.

If he want to smoke cigarettes or pot, it won't be that big of a deal for me as long as he respects that we don't smoke anything inside the house and that it doesn't interfere with his life, his school, his work, his friendships. I'm not so much concerned with recreational alcohol, tobacco and MJ use. It's really a grey area for me, it's pretty relative imo.

We live in a society where MJ is smoked out in the open, it's borderline legal and it's very easy to buy. I'm sure he's smelled it outside, but he's never asked.

I would have no problem knowing that alot of the parents and families we know are potsmokers, the only thing that would bother me would be if they were doing it in front of really young children. If they were responsible users, I wouldn't talk about it with DS until after he found out, or when he would be old enough and mature enough to know things about people and keep judgment to himself.

DH and I enjoy drinking alcohol and DH has a full bar and fixes us a cocktail just about every night. DS sees this and we'll make him a virgin drink.
Where do you live? We gotta move there! MJ is very illegal here. There are more and more people pushing for it to become legal though. I hope we win...

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page