Spam Me With Toy Barns, Please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been looking around for a barn for my DD for the past year. Now, I've decided that I REALLY want to get her one for Christmas.

And I'd love some suggestions and sites.

My list of hopeful requests:

• Made out of wood (definitely required)
  • Has a loft
  • Roof lifts up to access loft
  • Is either natural wood or red
  • Has a stable area for horses
  • Is $100 or less(I can probably budget up to $150 but I would rather keep it lower, if possible.)
Am I dreaming to expect to find a barn with all these things?

Either way, I'd love some ideas.

And the size doesn't really matter. We do have some Holztiger horses and other farm animals so if it fits those, cool. But I'm willing to pick up some M&D or another brand of horses to go along with it.

Thanks sosososo much!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#2 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 AM

We really love the Plan Toys stuff. Amazon has both a barn and a stable. The barn is about $80, and I think the stable is $36. If you sign up for Amazon Mom you get free 2 day shipping for a while (some people are getting it for 3 months, some for a year...). For a $100 budget you could get the barn, the farmer, and his wife, with a bit left over!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#3 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
We really love the Plan Toys stuff. Amazon has both a barn and a stable. The barn is about $80, and I think the stable is $36. If you sign up for Amazon Mom you get free 2 day shipping for a while (some people are getting it for 3 months, some for a year...). For a $100 budget you could get the barn, the farmer, and his wife, with a bit left over!
weird.. I was under the impression the prime shipping never stopped? however its not on ALL amazon things, only on some things (it'll tell you if its eligible if you are signed in) interesting though... i hope i have mine longer than shorter!!

I second plan toys though. Plan toys never fails to please me.
#4 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeoflife3 View Post
weird.. I was under the impression the prime shipping never stopped? however its not on ALL amazon things, only on some things (it'll tell you if its eligible if you are signed in) interesting though... i hope i have mine longer than shorter!!

Interesting on the Prime...my agreement specifically said 1 year. Someone else said hers said 3 months. wouldn't it be great if it WAS forever! I love amazon!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#5 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 08:09 AM

This is a little pricier than you wanted, but we have Sam's Stable by Elves and Angels and love it! There are several places to buy it, so you may be able to find a lower price: http://www.blueberryforest.com/elves...ams-stable.htm

I wish Amazon Prime was forever! I have a year's subscription and it's one of my best "investments." I use it non-stop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mama to my beautiful boys born 6/29/06, 7/29/08, & 11/09/10.
#6 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 11:00 AM

I love the Plan Toys barn, but be sure to check the size of what you are ordering. I was planning on getting the Plan Toys barn but I kept finding conflicting information about it's size on different websites, and I was worried it wouldn't hold the horses we already have. We wound up with Schleich barn, which is a little pricier ($116), but gets really great reviews. Have fun shopping!
#7 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM

The kid's museum here has this barn and it's really great. The roof does not lift off but there is access to the loft. For size reference, the Schleich cows fit it perfectly. I believe you can fit 3 full size cows side by side in each stall. I'm thinking about getting it for my DD.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#8 of 18 Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
Interesting on the Prime...my agreement specifically said 1 year. Someone else said hers said 3 months. wouldn't it be great if it WAS forever! I love amazon!
It's usually 3 months FREE and then you pay for the rest of the year ($79/year) and they will NOT remind you that your free period is up!
#9 of 18 Old 11-11-2010, 08:28 AM

I found this toy barn at Down to Earh toys. They have 2 other one's there as well. Here is another toy barn[/url] from 3 sisters.

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

#10 of 18 Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 AM

www.downtoearthtoys.com has free shipping on their toy barns this week, thru Dec 5th.  Code "barn" at checkout!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#11 of 18 Old 12-01-2010, 10:47 PM

We have the Maxim barn.  It's $99 on amazon and fits all of your requirements.  My mom gave it to my DD's last Christmas.  It sees LOTS of play.  The stable is a seperate piece, so you can put it against the barn or not.  The fence folds up neatly.  There are several movable doors and windows.  The whole thing is HUGE.  Pay attention to dimensions.  We have it set up on a train table.  My 4 year old is especially fond of the crank.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#12 of 18 Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 AM

great post!  we're seeking the same thing. 

i won't be buying the plan toys barn etc because the people associated with the barn are the farmer... and the FARMER'S WIFE.  For real. 

that kind of thing makes me bite my knuckles. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#13 of 18 Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 AM

Melissa and Doug have 2 toy barns:

*Fold and go mini barn $33.60

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Fold-Mini-Barn/dp/B001QBTAOY/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1291309398&sr=1-1

*Fold and go barn $114

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Fold-Go-Barn/dp/B000067BIF/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1291309398&sr=1-3

And, this one is not made of wood, it's made from eco-friendly corrugated board. And your kid's can decorate it however they want.

*Eco-Friendly Barn $27

http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2658

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

#14 of 18 Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM

we've got the melissa and doug fold and go barn, and ds loves it. all of the various different animals he has fit in it. it opens up, and the doors slide open as well

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#15 of 18 Old 12-05-2010, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower of Bliss View Post

We have the Maxim barn.  It's $99 on amazon and fits all of your requirements.  My mom gave it to my DD's last Christmas.  It sees LOTS of play.  The stable is a seperate piece, so you can put it against the barn or not.  The fence folds up neatly.  There are several movable doors and windows.  The whole thing is HUGE.  Pay attention to dimensions.  We have it set up on a train table.  My 4 year old is especially fond of the crank.

Thanks!!!!  This is actually the barn that we ended up with. I ordered it a few weeks ago when it was only $80!  We just put it together last week and you're right, it's ginormous!!!  No matter, I love it and I'm sure DD will too!  It's exactly what I was looking for!  joy.gif

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#16 of 18 Old 12-05-2010, 10:36 AM

Just thought I'd post info to clarify the Amazon Mom deal.  When you join Amazon Mom (which is free), you get Prime for the first 3 months of your membership for free, and you get an additional free month for every $25 you spend in the Baby store, up to a year free.

Amazon also offers a free three month trial of Prime, which is different.  If you sign up for that, go in to your account first thing, go to Manage Prime Membership  and turn off the automatic renewal.  After three months, it will just end, no hassle at all.

If you buy a Prime membership, it's for a year.

#17 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 AM

so we actually ended up getting the melissa & doug mini fold & go barn.  the price was the best & cheapest for all the wooden barns that i looked at.  i'm pretty happy with it.  the animals that come with it aren't the best, but you could either buy some of those wooden ones that everybody loves so much or if you have a tractor supply store, they have awesome animal assortments there.  the size isn't that small actually, it's the size of the old school playskool barn i had when i was a little kid in the late 70's/early 80's.  i read the reviews, and other people pointed out there's not a latch, but that's the easiest thing in the world to put on there. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#18 of 18 Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeoflife3 View Post

Amazon Prime is a paid subscription that lasts a year. Amazon Mom is a trial of Amazon Prime that lasts for 3 months, but that you extend with qualifying pruchases. And it covers shipping on almost everything.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page