Do you have baby names picked, with no plans for more kids? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I do. Is that really wierd?

We're 99% sure we're done having kids. Still, I can't stop thinking about baby names. lol. I feel crazy! I can't share them with dp (it feels too silly), but I want to share them! So if there are others out there, maybe we can share in this thread?

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#2 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

smile.gif do you want to know the names of 3 of my 'other' children?

i am physically done having kids... greensad.gif

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#3 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yes orngbiggrin.gif

My hypothetical girl's mn would be Elise, with fn possibilities Tara, Natalie, Nora, and Juniper.

Boy name fn possibilities are Dylan and Oliver, with Wesley as a possible mn.

I've decided I really like all of us having different first initials, so that means Tara would be out, but it's one both dp and I liked before ds2 was born.

Ds1's name means "little fiery one" and ds2's name means "dove." I find it amusing that Tara sounds like terra= earth, and Dylan means "sea god". I'm just silly enough to want to have kids with names relating to the 4 elements. It's not close enough for anyone else to notice, but close enough to amuse me. lol.

I'm totally overthinking my hypothetical kids' names. lol.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#4 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have names for three more and can't talk the hubby into it.

Alan Lamar

Amy Lucille

Burt Chapman

#5 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 07:14 PM

My daughter that I won't be having would be named Bryn. It's sad to think of never having a girl, but I also know it would never work for us to have more kids.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#6 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM

i am having 1 more kid. dh hasn't totally agreed, but i think i can talk him into it.

if i have a boy, it would be Seqouia Jay or Jay Seqouia.  if i have a girl it would be Jane Saffron, or Saffron Jay, or Jane Seqouia.

these are all for my brother, Jay, who passed away this spring. it would just be a matter of deciding what iteration.

of course, if i were to have twins, the boy would be one of those names, the girl would be Mae instead of Jane.  probably Jay Seqouia and Saffron Mae, or Sequoia Jay and Mae Saffron.

of course, i also really like the name Margaret lately, so if i had a girl after the above, i would want to fit that in.  and i always love the name Moses for a boy.

so, maybe i need to have 4 more kids.  i could alway have a Margaret and call her Mae.

but i definatly spend way to much time reading baby name books.

#7 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 PM

I know the names I loved for girls -- Nora, Stella and Mara.  I also know that I am done done done.  DH has had a vasectomy and I am still considering a tubal just to be sure smile.gif I am a little sad that I will never use a girl's name but I likely would have ended up with DS#3 wink1.gif

Loving my two wild and crazy boys -- DS1 06/07 and DS2 12/09
#8 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 PM

I don't know for a fact that we are done... but right now, I can totally envision myself just having 1 and being completey happy that way...

The girl name that we had picked out is Madeleine Louise.  I also like the name Quinn.  I love the name Ayden.  And DH has told me he likes the name Bryce.

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#9 of 22 Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

for girls  .... Photini Emalia and Natalia Lucia

for a boy.....Joseph Elisha and  Basil 

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#10 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 AM

Glad I'm not the only one!  Zena for a girl; Oscar for a boy.

#11 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post

I find it amusing that Tara sounds like terra= earth, and Dylan means "sea god". I'm just silly enough to want to have kids with names relating to the 4 elements. It's not close enough for anyone else to notice, but close enough to amuse me. lol.

I'm totally overthinking my hypothetical kids' names. lol.

HaHa!!  I like it!  My DS's name means Heaven and my name means Earth.  I'm not sure I'm done, but I'm thinking of Kai, Marina that both mean ocean, or maybe something that means water. 

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#12 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 06:31 AM

We do.  We have 2 boys so we've had a girl name picked since I was pregnant with our first.  And we'd still use it.  Our boy name isn't definite but it was one of our top names when I was pregnant with our second.  So if we ever had another child, we'd be set for names.

#13 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 AM

I have wayyyyyyy more baby names than I could ever use.  DH still swears he wants six.  I'm ready even if he truly does, because I have at least 20 baby names!  We're name nerds.  There are lots of people who think about names obsessively even when they're not pregnant or TTC!  Whole communities wait with bated breath for the SSA baby name list to come out on Mother's Day.  People remember name "sightings" throughout the day and share them with other name nerds if they're interesting.  Some study the trends in naming, and even learn more about linguistics and such to have a better understanding.  A lot of us collect baby name books.  I have two whole shelves!

Me , DH , Emmy (5/08), and new baby Tilda (1/10)
#14 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM

We may or may not have more kids, but names we love are:

Willa

Linnea

or for a boy

Soren

Graham

If you're name obsessed, I recommend checking out the baby name wizard blog--there's a very active comments section. smile.gif

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#15 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Daughter would be Rebekkah 

and boys are Joy and Christopher

and btw we our dd's name was chosen even before we got married and had her 5 years later. we were calling her by her name even before she was conceived. smile.gif in fact my completely logical exh who rarely dreamt and even rarely remembered anything dreamt of her 5 years before she was born. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#16 of 22 Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM

I'll be 46 in February and I don't have a partner. According to random internet sites, my chances of conception WITH an active and exciting sex life would be about .01% and in the event I did beat the odds, I'd still have a 66% chance of miscarrying in the first trimester. That's about as done as you can be without menopause, right?

I stumbled across the name "Legend" on a baby name site and remembered that was a "when I grow up I'm gonna have a baby and name it...." name from when I was a kid. I would definitely use it if I had another AMA UC via AI. If it didn't fit, I like how "Teagan" sounds with "Terran", my ds's name.

Angela and Kelly got way too popular, so I wouldn't want to use them any more, but I'd still like to name a son after Neil Young, but "Neil" didn't fit either of my sons. I also changed my mind about "Fate" being too weird. Lisa and Laurie aren't common any more and I think it would be fun to be on the "cutting edge" of their resurgence.

The only time I CAN'T come up with a zillion baby names that are just too good to never use is when I'm actually pregnant and need one. bag.gif:

#17 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 PM

I have a boy's name picked.  I have 2 girls and one boy already.  No plans on having another, but due to side effect issues with the implanon implant, I'm getting it out as soon as possible (irregular--as in always--bleeding).  We don't reveal names until the birth certificate application is signed--even if there is slim chance of that child ever existing.  Even if I got pregnant again, and had another boy, there is always the chance we *don't* use that particular name.

#18 of 22 Old 11-14-2010, 05:17 AM

If we ever have more kids their names will be Matt or Emma.

#19 of 22 Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 PM

I would still love to use the name Annabel (Annie) or Elias (Eli) but I think we are done having babies.

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#20 of 22 Old 11-15-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post

The only time I CAN'T come up with a zillion baby names that are just too good to never use is when I'm actually pregnant and need one. bag.gif:

This is SO totally true!!! We had the hardest time picking dd's name, but now that we're probably done (first time I've ever actually admitted that :( ), I feel like I want more kids just to use the names I like!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#21 of 22 Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM

My dd would have been Everett if she was a boy. I took me a while to come up with a name me and my dh could agree on and I practiced using it while pregnant. I am a little sad I will never get to have an Everett since dh is done. Other names I love that I will never get to use are Odin, Louis and Walter for boys and Edith with the nick name Edie and  for a girl.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
#22 of 22 Old 11-17-2010, 08:51 AM

We're not having any more, but if DD has been a boy, he would have been named Jacob.  Other names we considered for DD were Anastacia, Clothilde (nickname Chloe) and Magdalene.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page