WWYD if....... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We would probably just go home.  I guess I'd have had a change of clothes in the car, but more than likely, we'd have left right away.

I do know that for some reason, people think the McDonald's playplace is a free for all, and that it's already filthy, so what's one more thing?  I have several friends who's children have had an accident in there, and they kept playing.  I think I'd avoid those places anyway... they bother my moderately germaphobe self anyway.  

#32 of 40 Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 PM

Oh.. and my daughter wet her pants in the "It's a small world" ride in Disney Land when she was three.  She's never gotten over how embarrassed she was.  We tried to make it look like water from the ride it'self, but she still felt bad.   She's 18 years old now, so you'd think she'd have forgotten that by now.

#33 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 AM

We would have left.

Other than the mess and physical discomfort, I wouldn't have wanted my dd to be teased.

I think that bothers me most about this little story. The kid was getting teased and the parents did nothing. It's not like people weren't noticing a small leak. :(

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#34 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 AM

I keep a bag of clothes in the car for the occasional accident or getting soaked in the rain etc. It rains here ALOT and I don't like my girls running around in wet clothing, Im not comfortable in wet clothes so I figure they aren't either. If I didn't have clothing Id either go buy a set or go home. Poor kid, Id never let them run around in their own pee. I also change for diaper leaks, even in newborns, which people give me strange looks for (I have been told more than once that Im wasting my time doing so.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#35 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 AM

This thread is totally motivating me to make sure I have a change of clothes for all my kids...even my older ones, at all times.

To answer the question, I would not let a child play around in pee-soaked clothes.  I would either run out to dollar store or something (if we weren't close to home) or just leave.   And, I would be SURE to ALWAYS have a change of clothes with me at all times.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#36 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 AM

I wonder if this is one of those parenting things where they use humiliation to 'train' the child to not wet themselves.

I saw a caregiver do this once at a day care since the 3 1/2 year old was still having accidents.

Horrible, DS is not old enough, but when I babysat This happened, we went home, but if we had been far from home I probably would have bought him a pair of pants.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#37 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM

We would leave if my dd had an accident.

I will say, if it was just spilled water, I have been known to stay.  I only get her water to drink specifically in case it gets spilled, it doesn't make a mess, it's just wet.  And depending on how wet the pants are, I may or may not stay. 

#38 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 AM

I fear that it must be a common thing for the kid to be left in wet clothing, because you say she kept playing like she didn't mind?

DD would've been trying to take her clothes off.

#39 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisApril View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

This happened to me once -- it was awful! I took my DS and two of his friends (who were brothers) miniature golfing for my DS's birthday. All the boys went pee right before we left, and the drive to the mini golf place was 10 minutes. The younger boy (4yo) had an accident on the way there, but I didn't notice his wet shorts until we were playing the first hole of the golf course. I rushed back to the desk and asked if they sold shorts or sweats or something, or if there was a lost and found we could scrounge a pair of shorts from, but they said no. I stood around wondering what to do for a few minutes, and then I checked his shorts again and they were pretty much dry (it was over 100 degrees that day) so we just played on.

I felt terrible, but at least he was standing the whole time so the urine didn't get on any play equipment, and it dried really fast due to the heat. I brought his booster seat inside his parents' house when I dropped him off so they could clean it, and the mom didn't seem surprised at all and mentioned that this sort of thing happens with him all the time -- I was actually pretty annoyed that she didn't warn me and send some extra clothes so that I wouldn't have to deal with that in the middle of my DS's birthday celebration. 

I was at a playgroup one time and a little girl had an accident.  The mom was going to make her stay in the wet clothes because that was her punishment for wetting herself!  The girl was sitting on a fabric couch beside her mom and the lady who ran the group had to tell her that was unacceptable to leave her in soiled clothing and gave her some clean pants to wear.

See, limabean? You were sensible about things and the boy was dry and comfortable. The woman ParisApril witnessed was horrible.

#40 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 12:04 PM

Didn't read the whole thread, but if we were at the sort of place that has people/employees there, I would first inform them what happened. They probably have a protocol for cleaning up. Then, if we had nothing resembling a change of clothes left, we would leave, at least until my child had something warm and dry to play in (whether that means going home, heading to a store in the mall to buy a pair of shorts or whatever). No way would I let them continue to play with wet pants!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page