When other children come over (aka was I out of line?) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know you're ignoring the thread now but I just wanted to chime in with some support. When I was still in contact with my abusers, they brought out the absolute worst in me. Just being around my toxic mother filled me with violent thoughts and made me very short and rude even when she didn't always deserve it. I wish you nothing but love and healing on your journey. hug.gifhug.gifhug.gif

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Mama! View Post

I'm sorry but i think you were out of line.  She was being a 7 year old.  Telling her off didn't accomplish anything but make your MIL and the kids leave-but if that was your intent then I guess it worked.  I would have found a sweater or something for the girls to wear and have made them go play outside or just tell the girl nicely that you weren't going to turn on the TV you can play in the bedroom/playroom/where ever or you can play outside.  

yeahthat.gif True dat.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page