Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't find you bawling.gif

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#2 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Then we can use this as the thread, no?

I am so glad it is a New year! I am so glad it is moving closer to Spring and Summer. My kids are desperate for snow, but I am not this year.

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#3 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Joining back in!  I "only" have 4, but it feels like a lot.  And now that my cycle has returned, my hormones are demanding another LOL.  My brain is not totally convinced, and dh wants to think about it a bit, but... I imagine we'll be trying again in a few months.  If I didn't hate being pregnant, I would be ready right now, but the thought of a miserable year is a little bit scary.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#4 of 22 Old 01-07-2011, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

oooo, yes, we can - I'm just shocked there aren't 5 pages of thread already lol.gif

busy holidays??

we celebrated Eid earlier this year (moves forward each year with the lunar calendar) so the Xmas and New Year period was really quiet for us.

I have been decluttering and organising (cough. as usual. slow progress!)

#5 of 22 Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Okay if I join you?  Feelling a little lost lately since we moved back north.  I have 4 children, ages 7, 5, 3, amd just turned 1 yesterday!  I read some of the older posts and felt really encouraged that I'm not the only one struggling some days and having great days the other :) I really want another one but dh says absolutely not because I would probably in reality want 2 more to make it even thumb.gif so I guess he has to cut me off sooner or later.  Were everyone's dh's on board with a big family??

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#6 of 22 Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 AM

Hello ladies.wave.gif

We are still adjusting to the twins but each week seems to get easier to manage everything.  I wish I could say the same about our finances.  Between my bedrest and the boys NICU stay, that DH was off work for, we totally tanked money wise, but that too is slowly climbing back up and we are at least starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.thumb.gif

We had planned on the twins "surprise" (or first oopsy pregnancy ever) birth be our last but things didn't work out for dh to get a vasectomy while I was pregnant and now we are not so sure anymore...  I think what really scares us is the thoughts of getting pregnant with multiples again.  I know that must sound horrid of us but the physical strain on me plus the financial strain of all the appointments (our boys had ttts) and everything just about broke us.  Do any of you have more than one set of multiples?

We are supposed to be buying our new van at the end of this month it will be so nice for everyone to fit in one vehicle again!

I am going to try and keep up with this thread better this month, talk to you all more later.blowkiss.gif

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#7 of 22 Old 01-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Subbing!

I'm very much in baby mode, yesterday (34+1 weeks) I was admitted with contractions and belly pain, had contractions every 2 min. for quite some time and we thought I was going to give birth.

But, it calmed down! And I was allowed to go home today. I'm happy to keep Popcorn cookin' a little longer. But gosh we've come a long way from 25 weeks when we first thought he would come.

I'm still hoping to make it to 37 weeks so he's not a preemie.

Yeah, I said I was in baby mode.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#8 of 22 Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 PM

My husband wanted a v after our second, but the CG wouldn't allow it without my permission. I only had two forms of BC I was willing to use. One made me horribly sick and the other he doesn't like. So, he uses the pull out method when he feels like it. He had a difficult time adjusting to this pregnancy. It is already really stressful right now. We have been students for quite a few years and it is time for him to get a job. So, I totally understand. I am really tired right now and if I had to decide I would say no more.

Dready Homeschooling Mom 

17 yob

14 yob

10 yob

4 yog

2 yob

#9 of 22 Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

SashaBreeze only one set (didi) but a bit ??? about more because of the twins! It won't stop us from having more, but let's say I'm wondering how I will get through another pregnancy rather than assuming it will be a breeze......

#10 of 22 Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM

Exactly Bookcase!  All of my pregnancies before the twins were pretty uneventful.  I can honestly say that I was one of those women that actually really enjoyed pregnancy but the twins pregnancy was a nightmare.  I vomited so much those first few months that I actually tore my throat and started vomiting blood. Add to that all the meds and doctors appointments and bed rest and yes, actual physical pain from the pressure on my hips... yea... I am genuinely afraid of pregnancy now.greensad.gif

So I have been feeling some stress lately.  Our 4 year old is autistic and with the twins it has all became a little much.  So my husband I have decided that we are going to enroll him into the local public school.  So as we are talking about this our oldest daughter comes over and gives a really well thought out and sincere pitch to go to public school (9th grade) next year.  So now our 6 year old is becoming insistent that he should be allowed to try school next year.  So basically the only kid I would now have at home teaching age would be my second oldest (age 10) and it is all just a little hard to wrap my mind around.  My 10 year old does highschool lvl work in several subjects, so I dont see her wanting to attend in the future but I will be honest I am panicking a little that she might decide to give it a whorl as well.  I feel like my identity is being stripped away.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
#11 of 22 Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Hi everyone smile.gif i'm here with a question and figured being the MoM thread someone might be able to help i'm expecting my 5th baby in May and with each of my other 4 children the afterpains have got increasingly more painful with each one 1st were like strong period pains, 2nd were like strong labour contractions, 3rd were likely extremely strong labour contractions and the 4th made labour seem painless so i'm now worried about how painful they are going to be this time but don't want to be taking strong pain killers as i will be breastfeeding , i was thinking of using a tens machine for the after pains would this be any good? if not does anyone have any other suggestions that would help with the pain but not risk my baby by going into his breastmilk?
TIA smile.gif

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#12 of 22 Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Afterpains were worst with my fourth (I thought I was dying at one point) but with my 5th and 6th (twins) they weren't that bad......you would have thought it would have been so much more with extra shrinkage my uterus had to do, so maybe yours won't get increasingly bad with each baby?? Having said that I would take some codeine probably once/ twice in 24 hours (and watch baby stays alert) and paracetamol to carry me through the first few days. I also use homeopathic remedies, so check those out.....and hot water bottles always welcome nod.gif

#13 of 22 Old 01-15-2011, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

SashaB - those are big changes happytears.gif I hope you all find a new grooove that suits you together. Remember it doesn't have to be forever - sometimes we just need some time out from the old routine hug2.gif

and you might find they are RUNNING back home once they try school out!!!!!

#14 of 22 Old 01-19-2011, 03:30 AM

Thank you for the encouragement bookcase. hug.gif

I cant remember if it was November or December's thread, but at some point someone asked if any fellow moms of many had blogs.  I have started one up (linked in my profile), haven't gotten around to doing much with it just yet but I at least have started it.  I am hoping that maybe it will help me work through some of these school issues and other things.  I was wondering if there are any others that recently started one?  I am constantly looking for ways that other large families make ends meet and manage their days especially if they are more AP leaning. chicken3.gif

#15 of 22 Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

i blog on and off but mostly off these days and i don't think it'd enlightening as to how we live.

i like inashoe.com lots of practical tips

#16 of 22 Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyand3littlemonsters View Post

Hi everyone smile.gif i'm here with a question and figured being the MoM thread someone might be able to help i'm expecting my 5th baby in May and with each of my other 4 children the afterpains have got increasingly more painful with each one 1st were like strong period pains, 2nd were like strong labour contractions, 3rd were likely extremely strong labour contractions and the 4th made labour seem painless so i'm now worried about how painful they are going to be this time but don't want to be taking strong pain killers as i will be breastfeeding , i was thinking of using a tens machine for the after pains would this be any good? if not does anyone have any other suggestions that would help with the pain but not risk my baby by going into his breastmilk?
TIA smile.gif

After I had my fourth, I made liberal use of the "Afterease" tincture that my midwife left behind.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#17 of 22 Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyand3littlemonsters View Post

TIA smile.gif

After I had my fourth, I made liberal use of the "Afterease" tincture that my midwife left behind.

I second the afterease!  That stuff really works! 

I've thought about doing a blog but nothing exciting going on these days...

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#18 of 22 Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM

I have two blogs. But, I don't know that I really get into the larger family stuff much. One is general and the other is homeschool only.

My husband is at s job fair today. His schooling is coming to an end and it is going to be s tight squeeze. It is causing so much stress. Our babe is due in March.

He and I are so different sometimes and right now it is showing. I really wish I could help money wise. I hate that it is all on him.

Dready Homeschooling Mom 

17 yob

14 yob

10 yob

4 yog

2 yob

#19 of 22 Old 01-30-2011, 07:36 PM

i think i've finally found the current moms of many thread? haha, i think i posted in two or three others before finding this one...so here goes a repeat of my post.  homeschooling/unschooling mama to 5(ages 11, 8, 5, 3, 1) and also raising my niece(3) and nephew(2).  love meeting and chatting with other busy mamas! 

#20 of 22 Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 PM

I started a Feb thread. Stop by and tell us about your family. How long have you had your niece and nephew?

Teacher, Mother of 4
#21 of 22 Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 PM

CAn you link to the Feb 2011 thread, please? I don't have patience for another hunt for the Moms of Many thread ;) There's another thread out there, too - can they be combined? It's here: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1293473/moms-mothers-of-many-late-winter-thread#post_16226206

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#22 of 22 Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM

February Thread

Teacher, Mother of 4

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page