Tell me about how your three-year-old's behavior - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 3.5yo has become quite difficult lately.  We've rarely had trouble with her until recently - she even seemed to skip the "terrible twos."  She's very verbal - people always guess that she's 4.5 when they meet her, but socially and maturity-wise, she's definitely a three-year-old. 

That said, she's recently started crying again (like you would expect a toddler to cry) when she doesn't get her way, everything is no no no, and a few times she's had huge screaming fits about completely random things (like not wanting to put her shoes back on after we went ice skating). 

In the past I've always been able to identify what is wrong - she's hungry or overtired or needs attention or whatever, but with this I can't identify a source.  Is this just normal 3yo wanting independence type stuff?  Thanks for any insights or stories about other 3yos :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 PM

My son was perfect until 3.5. Then for a year he was a terror!!!!! Thankfully at 6 he is a joy to be around and I realise it is just a stage. My daughter is at just 3 is starting earlier but I expect it to get better sooner too. It doesn't last forever, though at times it sure feels like it. 

#3 of 3 Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM

My son is very difficult quite often, but he's been like that a while, since before he turned 3. Sometimes he just acts totally insane. Very agressive behavior, anger, and totally breaks down if things don't go his way...I am hoping it is a stage and that it will be over SOON because it is getting old.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page