Would you go to Vegas for best friend's bachelorette party? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 03-02-2011, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

I would throw a fit if my DH wanted to go to vegas for 3 days for a bachelor party. I wouldn't consider a spouse controlling just for that (but I don't know they guy, may be he really is controlling in lots of ways).

Really? You would throw a fit? Why? 

The only fit I would throw is because I wanted to go too :) lol....I LURVE Vegas! 

But really, my DH is sending me to Vegas in 18 months with his blessings. He trusts me. I'm just goin' to have some fun with my girls!!!

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker'smommy View Post

going to a 3 day bachelor party just isn't something I would either want to do or feel comfortable with my DH doing, but I can't figure out a way to explain the reasons without sounding like I'm judging people who throw or attend such parties. I really don't care what other people do -- but in my marriage, it just wouldn't feel appropriate. My DH would totally agree. It isn't something that I would need to explain to him.

Because in my marriage it wouldn't feel appropriate, I can see why someone else's spouse would have an issue with it. May be the guy really is controlling, but this, alone, isn't controlling to me. I don't think it's helpful for friends to label other people's spouses as controlling. It just causes problems, leaving the friend feeling pulled between the party the bride is throwing and getting along with her spouse. To me, it kinda smacks of Bridezilla behavior -- "This is the party and I want and I don't care who gets hurt in the process! Any one who doesn't like my idea has control issues!"

Making a marriage work long term is difficult enough without friends declaring what your spouse should and shouldn't feel. Friends try NOT to cause issues in each other's marriages. Obviously, the friend and her husband have different ideas of what is appropriate. They have to work that out, which might be tricky for them.

If it were really about spending some quality time with a couple of close friends before her wedding, the bride would sit down with the friends and come up with a plan they really liked that actually worked for them.

My DH and I sometimes take trips without each other. When we do, it's about seeing other friends or family who live far away or doing something the other wouldn't enjoy (he's traveled with friends to see pro football games, I've gone on theater trips). 

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#33 of 36 Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Me too. I'm living vicariously through you and OP. Sitting here salivating just thinking about the buffet at the Rio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker'smommy View Post

The only fit I would throw is because I wanted to go too :) lol....I LURVE Vegas! 

But really, my DH is sending me to Vegas in 18 months with his blessings. He trusts me. I'm just goin' to have some fun with my girls!!!

#34 of 36 Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

I am kinda annoyed too because she knows I may not be able to go and her other friend obviously can't go and the only other people who are going are her mother, sister and cousin who all live in states nearby Vegas. The rest of us live in WA. But hey, it's her party. I just hate Vegas. Personally, I would go for a three day hike in the woods for my bachelorette party!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#35 of 36 Old 03-02-2011, 10:10 PM

It kinda depends on what she has planned for the trip, but I'm picky that way.  Good food, maybe some drinks, a few shows, maybe some spa treatments, I'd jump on it.  Bar hopping until you pass out, not so much... but that's my preference. 

Vegas is a great place to visit, we actually took our honeymoon there.  Love it.  Lots of great food and great shows. 

At 2 years, I might shorten it to 2 days/1 night if I didn't think the LO could handle it, but otherwise it wouldn't be much of a concern for me. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#36 of 36 Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecider View Post

I am kinda annoyed too because she knows I may not be able to go and her other friend obviously can't go and the only other people who are going are her mother, sister and cousin who all live in states nearby Vegas. The rest of us live in WA. But hey, it's her party. I just hate Vegas. Personally, I would go for a three day hike in the woods for my bachelorette party!

If you don't want to go I do think you have a perfectly reasonable excuse not wanting to leave your young children for so long even if you weren't nursing. If you really do want to go they'd be fine I'm sure.

Personally I didn't leave my dd at age 2 or age 5 to go on a 2 or 3 day trip. An occasion like this never really came up so I don't know if I would have gone or not.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page