I look like a terrible mother - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 05-23-2011, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelionkid View Post

Seriously? Side-walk chalk?? That is so messed up if it bothers people. We had a neighbor wash it off of the sidewalk in front of his house. I just can't imagine sidewalk chalk offending anyone. One good rain and it is gone.  Not like our kids are splaying f-bombs around the neighborhood!

lol, it was funny. Thing is, these are extremely nice people, who often come over to chat, or for Christmas meals. But one is in his 50s, the other one in her 70s, so I guess they forgot how it was to have little ones. I guess they thought they were offering helpful advice.

And the kids were drawing on our driveway, so they weren't bothering anyone.

Whatever you do, you can't please everyone.

caffix.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a bugaboo with a 5 point harness but she is quite skinny and can wiggle out of the top straps and then pitches herself forward.

It is also difficult to push the stroller and run after her, sometimes I need to leave the stroller and chase her and I am always terrified it is going to go flying into traffic. 

I think a lot of my worries are just me projecting, for the most part I am always impressed at how kind and helpful people are in this city. They are less inhibited so nobody seems to have a problem chasing my kid or catching my stroller when I need help because they have no qualms about not minding their own business and I really like that!

Everything takes forever right now since we jump off every ledge, walk into every store, have to count to 3 every 5 steps, etc. but I need to get the basics done so we can go somewhere where she can really run off that overabundant energy that she can't get out in our teeny tiny apartment.

Wig wearing mommy to (06/12/09) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page