What do you do that cancels our your NFL/AP/CRUNCHY/NON-Mainstream/MDCness? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#241 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
 
dauphinette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: lalaland
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


This is sooooo holy-than-thou to think that a mother would make her birth decisions HER BIRTH DECISIONS(!!!!) based on some crunchy-ness checklist?  If you are trying to be offensive for absolutely no reason then you can check that one off your meanie list, Ms.  

 

( I didn't come on this thread tooting my own horn about having a UC, someone else said "Have you seen some of the stuff they post on the UC board?" to me and I thought it was funny because I have had a UC and I said so to them and they responded in a very snarky way "of course you have" and then I asked what they meant by that because I thought it was so childish and it has all spiraled to this.  Friggin geez.)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post





Well considering many people use it as a way to show how crunchy they are, I brought it up as one of the things that about me that isn't. And since it's how I feel and what I believe to be true, I stand by it. I am not trying to be snarky (though it's funny how trying to prove how crunchy someone is by ridiculing "mainstream" ideas or practices isn't considered snarky here...hmmm) or mean. Just honest.

 



 

dauphinette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#242 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
 
riverscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: back where I belong
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

*


coolshine.gif

riverscout is offline  
#243 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 PM
 
dauphinette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: lalaland
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This means nothing to me.  I'm just sayin.  What is TWWS?  And this 35 page thread was on TWWS?  MDC?  What does it all mean...........?  LOL!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post



there was a 35 page thread basically about why it is possible for people to enjoy 2 separate boards on the interwebz.
 

 



 

dauphinette is offline  
#244 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 10,616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post





I love it too!

we are supposed to be all hugs and puppies farting rainbows and gently mama on mdc..you are breaking the rules!


That really paints a picture.  I think we need a new smiley for that.   upsidedown.gif

 

lovingmommyhood likes this.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is offline  
#245 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post




That really paints a picture.  I think we need a new smiley for that.   upsidedown.gif

 



puppies farting rainbows...sounds like sesame street to me, i don't know why

Ldavis24 is offline  
#246 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:39 PM
 
chaoticzenmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There have been quite a few admissions on this thread and people have been very accepting and gentle with each other for the most part.  I am not ok with the attacking of any group of people (UC'ers in this case).  It is not ok to do this in the parenting forum or elsewhere on the board.   If this is a fun thread, let's keep it fun and please edit any personal (or certain group) attacks.

 

Thanks

 


Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

chaoticzenmom is offline  
#247 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM
 
dauphinette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: lalaland
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



LOL!  Right?!?! 

So there have been I guess some serious changes to the UA and now threads like this seem to be ok for the time being until someone sorts out what to do about it under the new rules......crazy right?  I think the mods are kinda hands-tied until some clarification comes down from wherever that sort of thing would come down from.  I know they are watching this thread for sure but can't lock it down right now for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverscout View Post

Holy crap!  I haven't been to MDC in a long time.  Just came to look up some car seat info and decided to look around and found this thread.  WTH happened?  Why is this thread still here?  Where are the mods?  What was "the whole recent upheaval?"  Please enlighten me.  



 

dauphinette is offline  
#248 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Don't forget a lot of people are hardcore crunchy out of necessity! We hardcore FC b/c well frankly we can't waste the $ on TP and we always use CD for the same reason (even on sleepovers).

 

Also if my DD would actually sit in a stroller I would use one.

 


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#249 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 PM
 
lovingmommyhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinette View Post



LOL!  Right?!?! 

So there have been I guess some serious changes to the UA and now threads like this seem to be ok for the time being until someone sorts out what to do about it under the new rules......crazy right?  I think the mods are kinda hands-tied until some clarification comes down from wherever that sort of thing would come down from.  I know they are watching this thread for sure but can't lock it down right now for whatever reason.



 

 

Why would this thread need to be locked? 
 

 


Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
lovingmommyhood is offline  
#250 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Ive been wondering the same thing.  shrug.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post



 

Why would this thread need to be locked? 
 

 



 

~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#251 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 PM
 
Chamomile Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West of the Sierras East of the Sea
Posts: 2,781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinette View Post

This means nothing to me.  I'm just sayin.  What is TWWS?  And this 35 page thread was on TWWS?  MDC?  What does it all mean...........?  LOL!

 



 

If ya really wanna know you have to read the thread.
 

 

Chamomile Girl is offline  
#252 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post



 

Why would this thread need to be locked? 
 

 

Because it makes members feel unsafe? 

 

I dunno... obviously, some people don't realize that there were plenty of posters who felt unsafe with the over-moderation and narrow-views.  I mean, you could get jumped on for mentioning you were planning your c-section, never mind that it may very well be medically necessary.  Or that you had to supplement, or your baby slept in a crib down the hall.  You could disagree with someone (w/o name-calling) and fear a warning or alert in your inbox.  But I guess it was all good b/c it made MDC a safe place. 
 

 


ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#253 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

unsafe from what? I thought we were all supposed to NOT CARE what someone says to us online anyway? It's not like anyone has threatened anyone in any way, then I could get the "unsafe"...

 

I don't think you can really understand the twws thing unless you sit your but down for 3 hours and read the whole thing...I had to read so should anyone else who wants to knowlol.gif

Ldavis24 is offline  
#254 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 PM
 
lovingmommyhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post



Because it makes members feel unsafe? 

 

I dunno... obviously, some people don't realize that there were plenty of posters who felt unsafe with the over-moderation and narrow-views.  I mean, you could get jumped on for mentioning you were planning your c-section, never mind that it may very well be medically necessary.  Or that you had to supplement, or your baby slept in a crib down the hall.  You could disagree with someone (w/o name-calling) and fear a warning or alert in your inbox.  But I guess it was all good b/c it made MDC a safe place. 
 

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

unsafe from what? I thought we were all supposed to NOT CARE what someone says to us online anyway? It's not like anyone has threatened anyone in any way, then I could get the "unsafe"...

 

I don't think you can really understand the twws thing unless you sit your but down for 3 hours and read the whole thing...I had to read so should anyone else who wants to knowlol.gif



nod.gif Remember, we're all protected by the big X at the top right hand corner of the screen. fencing.gif


Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
lovingmommyhood is offline  
#255 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 PM
 
APToddlerMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

Because it makes members feel unsafe? 

 

I dunno... obviously, some people don't realize that there were plenty of posters who felt unsafe with the over-moderation and narrow-views.  I mean, you could get jumped on for mentioning you were planning your c-section, never mind that it may very well be medically necessary.  Or that you had to supplement, or your baby slept in a crib down the hall.  You could disagree with someone (w/o name-calling) and fear a warning or alert in your inbox.  But I guess it was all good b/c it made MDC a safe place. 



Agreed.  Speaking of unsafe... I still don't understand some of the warnings I got on the old MDC.  I started only going to the SN forum for a long time to try to avoid crazy warnings.  CRaaaaaaaazzzzy warnings.  MDC is a lot safer with fewer mod spankings and the ability to say that if you're bleeding profusely and getting faint, you should probably cancel your plans for UC and head to the hospital.   

 

APToddlerMama is offline  
#256 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

unsafe from what? I thought we were all supposed to NOT CARE what someone says to us online anyway? It's not like anyone has threatened anyone in any way, then I could get the "unsafe"...

 

I don't think you can really understand the twws thing unless you sit your but down for 3 hours and read the whole thing...I had to read so should anyone else who wants to knowlol.gif


Not sure! But I've seen it mentioned a few times today that MDC was no longer a "safe" place.  shrug.gif 

 

And yeah, I read every post in that thread, but it helped to be reading along as it unfolded vs. trying to make it through 35 pages all in one sitting. 

 


ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#257 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:02 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post





 





nod.gif Remember, we're all protected by the big X at the top right hand corner of the screen. fencing.gif


lol.gif  True dat!

 


ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#258 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
 
lovingmommyhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post





Agreed.  Speaking of unsafe... I still don't understand some of the warnings I got on the old MDC.  I started only going to the SN forum for a long time to try to avoid crazy warnings.  CRaaaaaaaazzzzy warnings.  MDC is a lot safer with fewer mod spankings and the ability to say that if you're bleeding profusely and getting faint, you should probably cancel your plans for UC and head to the hospital.   

 


 

Me too! I always felt so stressed out about the warnings too. I felt like I was back in my room in middle school waiting for my dad to get home to give me a big lecture. And it's not like you could argue the warning...that never went well. 

 

And lol.gif to the second part. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post


 


Not sure! But I've seen it mentioned a few times today that MDC was no longer a "safe" place.  shrug.gif

 

And yeah, I read every post in that thread, but it helped to be reading along as it unfolded vs. trying to make it through 35 pages all in one sitting. 

 


I have to wonder if MDC is so skerry now that we're not being scolded at every turn how anybody makes it through the day in the real world? 

 


Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
lovingmommyhood is offline  
#259 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post





Agreed.  Speaking of unsafe... I still don't understand some of the warnings I got on the old MDC.  I started only going to the SN forum for a long time to try to avoid crazy warnings.  CRaaaaaaaazzzzy warnings.  MDC is a lot safer with fewer mod spankings and the ability to say that if you're bleeding profusely and getting faint, you should probably cancel your plans for UC and head to the hospital.   

 

 

I need to stop serial posting, but yeah.  It was getting kinda crazy.   I was afraid I was going to be banned soon.  My favorite spanking was for using the word ghetto to describe -- wait for it -- a ghetto neighborhood.  I meant nothing more than it was a shady area to live.  Lesson learned, though, b/c I actually understand now how it could very well be offensive, and I no longer use it IRL (ok, I'm lying here b/c I've said it to DH, but not to other people).
 

 


ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#260 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 PM
 
APToddlerMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticzenmom View Post

There have been quite a few admissions on this thread and people have been very accepting and gentle with each other for the most part.  I am not ok with the attacking of any group of people (UC'ers in this case).  It is not ok to do this in the parenting forum or elsewhere on the board.   If this is a fun thread, let's keep it fun and please edit any personal (or certain group) attacks.


I just want to say that I think that the huge focus on UC is a result of the history of UC being a place where blatantly unsafe ideas were not allowed to be questioned.  I, for one, have posted about UC in this thread and haven't changed my posts because I don't think they are attacks, though I can see how some other posts might be viewed that way.  I'm not anti-UC at all and in general have an attitude of "to each their own" but I want to be able to say out loud that threads such as "your newborn breathing is a cultural construct" or something like that, isn't safe, without being accused of attacking UC or the poster.  If the UC forum had always been a place where people could say "umm, no, your newborn should be breathing or you should seek medical intervention", there would be a lot of us who wouldn't care to single out UC.  It isn't an attack, at least from me.  I actually care about people who might be foolish enough to think that their newborn doesn't need to be breathing and give them a heads up before they suffer a needless tragedy. 

 

matte likes this.
APToddlerMama is offline  
#261 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 PM
 
APToddlerMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

I need to stop serial posting, but yeah.  It was getting kinda crazy.   I was afraid I was going to be banned soon.  My favorite spanking was for using the word ghetto to describe -- wait for it -- a ghetto neighborhood.  I meant nothing more than it was a shady area to live.  Lesson learned, though, b/c I actually understand now how it could very well be offensive, and I no longer use it IRL (ok, I'm lying here b/c I've said it to DH, but not to other people).


haha!  Me too.  We could start a whole thread called "what crazy things did the mods warn you for?" but I won't...and nobody should...because that wouldn't be very gentle.  And I am totally serious, but it would be an interesting thread.  I do appreciate the mods hard work and that things have loosened up here and am not trying to nit-pick.  But I do have PTSD from my warnings, the majority of which were really unnecessary, and would find that thread therapuetic.  I guess it is enough to know now that I wasn't the only one getting in trouble all the time! 

APToddlerMama is offline  
#262 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:21 PM
 
lovingmommyhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post



 


haha!  Me too.  We could start a whole thread called "what crazy things did the mods warn you for?" but I won't...and nobody should...because that wouldn't be very gentle.  And I am totally serious, but it would be an interesting thread.  I do appreciate the mods hard work and that things have loosened up here and am not trying to nit-pick.  But I do have PTSD from my warnings, the majority of which were really unnecessary, and would find that thread therapuetic.  I guess it is enough to know now that I wasn't the only one getting in trouble all the time! 



I'm at least going to go back and read mine. Just to torture myself. 


Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
lovingmommyhood is offline  
#263 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:36 PM
 
Maeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post




I just want to say that I think that the huge focus on UC is a result of the history of UC being a place where blatantly unsafe ideas were not allowed to be questioned.  I, for one, have posted about UC in this thread and haven't changed my posts because I don't think they are attacks, though I can see how some other posts might be viewed that way.  I'm not anti-UC at all and in general have an attitude of "to each their own" but I want to be able to say out loud that threads such as "your newborn breathing is a cultural construct" or something like that, isn't safe, without being accused of attacking UC or the poster.  If the UC forum had always been a place where people could say "umm, no, your newborn should be breathing or you should seek medical intervention", there would be a lot of us who wouldn't care to single out UC.  It isn't an attack, at least from me.  I actually care about people who might be foolish enough to think that their newborn doesn't need to be breathing and give them a heads up before they suffer a needless tragedy. 

 



Thank you. That is one of the reasons I mentioned it as well. There is a lot of dangerous advice given in that forum. Sometimes intuition just isn't enough and someone should seek medical attention, but then that wouldn't be "trusting birth".

Maeve is offline  
#264 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
 
mamazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: US midwest
Posts: 7,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like pacifiers, I vaccinate, some of the toys in my house are plastic, my kids watch some TV, and they don't always eat healthy food. Though I do generally feed them in a healthy way. I just think that being relaxed about stuff probably benefits them more than, say, avoiding plastic toys, so I dont' sweat the small stuff.
mamazee is offline  
#265 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
 
purslaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, for kicks and so we all know each other better, here is my list:

 

Mainstream - ish:

 

I have one child in public school

I always used disposable diapers.  I use disposable pads regularly and disposable plates too.  

I loved, loved loved my stroller.  Baby wearing hurt my shoulders - always.

I like food of all kinds -including junk food.  I try for moderation, but that does not always happen.  We hit fast food about every 2 weeks.

We own 2 cars.

Not judging - but family cloth squiggs me out a bit.  More power to you if it works for you - I am not trying it.

I have had 2 hospital births

I did not even try to cure cavities through food.  

 

Now, as I am too lazy to go to the other thread:

 

I co slept and breast fed until 2-3ish.  

I homeschool some of my kids - really loosely

I am a gal who knows my herbs

I let (gasp!) my 12 year old be vegan - not that I could stop her.  

I do not vax.

 

I have no issues with the existence of either thread.  Both have a place and could have been fun!  I wish we could all sit around and sing kumbaya (my crunchy list) instead of fighting.

 

 With regards to the current anger on MDC:  I hope some good comes out of this, and that eveyone feels the cards are on the table and we can move forward in a positive manner.

 

Katie T likes this.
purslaine is offline  
#266 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 08:37 PM
 
dauphinette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: lalaland
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post



 

Why would this thread need to be locked? 
 

 


I have two things to say on this.

1. This whole 'say whatever in the world floats through your brain with zero consequences from moderation' is very new and not appreciated by all the members.  This sort of thread would not have existed before the UA change.

2.  Don't act like your clueless as to the direction that this thread has taken.


 

 

dauphinette is offline  
#267 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
 
eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mexico
Posts: 7,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinette View Post




I>2.  Don't act like your clueless as to the direction that this thread has taken.


 

 


Isn't this the same kind of snark that you're objecting to? Under the old UA, you'd be asked to edit this, and maybe even receive a warning about it.
eclipse is offline  
#268 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM
 
dauphinette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: lalaland
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



How is it snarky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinette View Post




I>2.  Don't act like your clueless as to the direction that this thread has taken.


 

 




Isn't this the same kind of snark that you're objecting to? Under the old UA, you'd be asked to edit this, and maybe even receive a warning about it.


 

dauphinette is offline  
#269 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM
 
eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mexico
Posts: 7,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You took what seemed to me to be an honest question by a PP and took issue with it by casting aspersions on the pp as to her motives for asking the question. You, essentially, accused her of playing dumb. I, also, don't know why this thread would need to be locked.
eclipse is offline  
#270 of 468 Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM
 
PhoenixMommaToTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Formerly of AZ, now in Nebraska
Posts: 308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinette View Post



How is it snarky?



 



How is it not snarky? Dude, if you're going to snark on someone and belittle their parenting experiences, don't hide behind an air of "well, I didn't mean it that way". Just own it.

lovingmommyhood likes this.

"We submit to the majority because we have to. But we are not compelled to call our attitude of subjection a posture of respect."
Ambrose Bierce 
PhoenixMommaToTwo is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off