A double stroller that will fit?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-04-2011, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all. I am looking to buy a Mazda5. I love the car ALOT, but don't know about the cargo area. I will be using all three rows, possibly folding half of the third row down. Do any of you have any experience fitting some sorta double stroller back there with the third row up? Thanks so much for your replys!!     -Tasha

#2 of 12 Old 08-05-2011, 06:42 PM

I don't have a Mazda, but the Chicco Cortina Together *almost* fits in the cargo area of my 2007 Kia Rio hatchback which is a VERY small subcompact car (my regular single Cortina takes up the entire cargo area for comparison). This makes me think that it would probably fit in the back of any kind of normal SUV/van type vehicle. It is literally only a few inches too long for my car and it folds up pretty flat for a double stroller. 

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
#3 of 12 Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 PM

I have a mazda 5 and I can't imagine fitting any double stroller in the cargo space with the third row seats in use.  If you could fold down one of the third row seats, you would have tons of space.  Maybe a Phil and Ted where the tandem seat is under the other stroller seat, but even then I dunno.

#4 of 12 Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM

i'm sure our peg perego aria twin would. i don't know if the newer ones are as compact, but ours is the older model (with the wheels on the corners) and it is very compact.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#5 of 12 Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM

maybe a double umbrella stroller.  or one with quick release wheels might work

#6 of 12 Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 PM

The Baby Jogger City Mini Double fits perfectly behind the third row in a 5 if you pop the wheels off (takes like 30 seconds extra for all of them...super easy off & back on).  Albee Baby still has a few of the 2010s on clearance too. I got mine about a month ago for $279.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#7 of 12 Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Amy, Thanks for that. I have heard but wasn't sure. So you have experience with this? My problem is that I'll have to order a BJCM online. No one in my city has them in store to try out in the car. I love the stroller but I just want to be positive it will fit.

#8 of 12 Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Yes, it will fit for sure. I drive a 2010 Mazda 5 and have a BJCMD behind the third row right now (wheels off) I took a picture. I'll see if I can upload a picture. 4ac6a4ab-e93a-1a75.jpg

4ac6a4ab-e94f-d98e.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashavillegas View Post

Amy, Thanks for that. I have heard but wasn't sure. So you have experience with this? My problem is that I'll have to order a BJCM online. No one in my city has them in store to try out in the car. I love the stroller but I just want to be positive it will fit.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#9 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Aww Thanks so much!! You've sold me! =) Those were just what I needed to see! Huge help!

#10 of 12 Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM

Our Maclaren Twin Triumph folds up to an umbrella stroller-size. Highly recommended!

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#11 of 12 Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM

hey, how does the bjcmd do with older kids? our aria twin is starting to get bogged down with two kids in it.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#12 of 12 Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja-belly View Post

hey, how does the bjcmd do with older kids? our aria twin is starting to get bogged down with two kids in it.

I pushed two 3.5yos around the zoo in mine yesterday.  They're ~30 & 35 lbs.  No problems at all.  It pushed beautifully.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page