Need Suggestions for Discussion Questions for Moms Group - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! I need to make a list of discussion questions for my moms group. Some thing I already have include:

• Who has been the greatest influence on your role as a mom and why?

• Most hated chore on the household chore list? Favorite chore?

• Share 3 positive things about each of your children.
  • Share 3 positive things about your husband (if you have one).

• Have you ever overcame a difficult life experience? Share how you did it.
  • 

List 3 things you wish you could change about yourself as a mom. Now list 3 things you think you are good at as a mom.
  • 

Do you feel you have a purpose or calling in life to raise your children? Have you always felt the way you do now?
  • How do you measure your sucess as a parent?
  • What did your parents teach you about being a parent?

Things along these lines. Can be about kids, families, husbands, etc. Thank you!!!!!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#2 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

do you guys have a theme everytime you meet or is it just open to whatever comes up?

you already have a great list of questions and seems like it will keep the discussion going for a couple of hours or more  or even days and weeks. 

unless you dont have a very talkative group. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#3 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

We meet 2x a month. No theme, just "moms stuff" overall, but there are speakers for every other meeting so they have themes but I'm not sure what they are. I will need a lot more questions that I have though. Need ones for the next year or at least semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

do you guys have a theme everytime you meet or is it just open to whatever comes up?

you already have a great list of questions and seems like it will keep the discussion going for a couple of hours or more  or even days and weeks. 

unless you dont have a very talkative group. 

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#4 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

ah so you are not talking just about the next meeting but for the next few meetings right.

is this a kind of formal or informal group setting. is it a large or small group.

i am part of a smallish group that has about 15 people and its casual and we talk and share a lot. we could spend one evening (2 hours) on difficult life experiences. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#5 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 11:10 AM

one thing that's worked well is groups that I've been part of is a 'check in' time where people go around and share something. What we often did was to share a joy and a concern that we had that week/month. This gets everyone talking and helps people get to know each other.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#6 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

It's pretty informal, we are split into about 5 tables with 5-7 people at each table. So the questions would be for each table.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page