Does your 8 year old.....? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

DD just turned 9 2 weeks ago.  She's a bit of a space cadet, but not impulsive.

Get food for themselves.  Use stove or toaster?

Toaster oven, toaster, knives, apple corer, removing things from the big oven:  Yes.  Cook on the stove:  Yes. Turn on the gas stove with tricky pilot light:  No.

Rules are clearly established and reasoning is clear.  Competence is proven before permission granted. 

Put themselves to bed?

Yes.  Showers, brush, floss, rinse, dress, read, turn off light, sleep.  She's been doing this for about 18 months.

clean up after self without being asked?

Only very rarely and generally when she wants something.  Does a lousy job when asked.  Requires supervision and clear step-by-step instructions even on basic, regular tasks like putting away her laundry.

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks).

DD walks to herself school 1/2 mile along a fixed route in a safe neighborhood where a lot of people walk to school.  DD and I are well known in the community.  DD occasionally walks herself home from school.  She started this last winter at age 8.5.  I'm fine with her walking herself to certain friends' houses based on her familiarity with the route, distance, and traffic safety.  Unfortunately, her friends' parents generally tend not to be ok with this.  I'd love to send her to the library by herself (0.6 mile) but the library sits on a traffic circle that I find difficult to safely navigate on foot.

We've been working on safe walking skills since she was 10 months old and started walking herself outside.  Where to walk on the sidewalk, where to stand when waiting for traffic, how to judge stopping cars or oncoming traffic, what to do if she encounters a problem, etc.  We walk a lot in our family, so these skills have been demonstrated, practiced, and reinforced for something like 2000 miles of walking in neighborhoods together.

#32 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 AM
MJB

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Get food for themselves.  Use stove or toaster? Yes, my 8 year old does both of these, although we don't have a toaster, he can make toast in the broiler. My 5 year old can also make toast but can't cook on the stove yet (although he sometimes turns it on to boil water in the kettle). My 8 year old can roast a chicken or vegetables by himself in the oven (he washes the chicken and stuffs it with thyme and some other stuff-- don't ask me, my husband taught him how!)

Put themselves to bed? Yes, both my 8 and 5 year olds put themselves to bed.

clean up after self without being asked? Ha, no. Neither clean up after themselves without being asked. 

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks). Yes, he was walking to school (4 blocks) from 6.5. Now he rides the bus to a school further away, but walks to the library which is 2-3 blocks away. 

#33 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

As far as youngest vs oldest goes, my youngest brother (7 of 7) was a heck of a lot more self sufficient than anyone else from a young age.   In elementary school, he used to cook breakfast for our sister who was 3 years older than he.  I was up there in self sufficiency, too (3 of 7).  My oldest brother was probably the least self sufficient, kind of like my ds.  So I think it's more of a temperament or 5 love language thing than placement as the baby. 

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#34 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM

My 10 yo ds and my 12 yo dd have been doing lots for years now.  They both do all their own laundry.  They both use the toaster, microwave (mostly for reheating leftovers, not that packaged junk), stove, and oven when it works (heating element broke and I purposely left it that way for the summer, lol).  They make sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, bread, soups, salads, and they help tons w/supper prep.  Even my 4 yo can use a sharp knife w/supervision.

They get themselves ready for bed, and most nights I have to go find my son asleep and sneak him a kiss. 

My son will not pick up after himself on purpose, lol.  My dd has started keeping her room clean and her guinea pig cage clean on her own for a year now.  They both have plenty of daily chores and they do a reasonably good job at them.  They take care of the livestock almost completely by themselves.

We live in the country so they ride bikes, but only on our road--there are too many stray dogs that worry me.  Really, though, unless you just wanna ride around, there's no where to go. 

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#35 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Get food for themselves.  Use stove or toaster? Yes, she can make toast and she just started making eggs. I wouldn't let her do it unsupervised (and she wouldn't want to), but if I or older ds is there, she can.

Put themselves to bed? Yes.  

clean up after self without being asked? For the most part. She's the best of all my kids in this respect. It usually take a little reminder to get her to do it properly.

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks).  We're both okay with her walking a block by herself, but not more.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#36 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:

DD is almost 9

yes. however cooking is her passion and she has been cooking since she was 6.

Put themselves to bed?

only when exhausted - which is rare. ETA - she does her night stuff herself. i dont need to telll her to go brush teeth and hair and wash feet.  BUT she needs me in bed with her except when exhausted because that's our only time to really connect btw our schedule.

ROTFLMAO.gifyou mean dinner table right? however always does it in someone else's house or whenever we have guests. but if she spills water on the floor then yes she does clean up after herself without being asked to do so. 

dd is super independent. and the fact that she doesnt do this yet has nothing to do with her - its more i wont allow (that is if you mean alone)

I know I have babied my youngest.  I would like to encourage a bit more independance

kathy - continue to baby her for as long as you can. i feel every child should be babied - esp. these days when they grow up so fast and so much is expected out of them by society. in many instances i do baby my v. independent child and we both love it and i wouldnt change it for anything. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#37 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 07:29 AM

I was always an independent child. At age 8 I had my own alarm clock and would get myself up and dressed in the morning, make myself a bowl of cereal or toast, pack my lunch and kiss my mom good bye (still in bed with my baby sister), before walking the three blocks to school. My four younger siblings were not so motivated and it drove me nuts to hear my youngest sisters (15 and 16 years younger) ask for a glass of milk at age 10! I guess somewhere along the line my mom just gave in, or maybe it's a personality thing. They still groan when I lecture them with, "when I was your age..." : )

#38 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 08:23 AM

DSD just turned 8 about 2 weeks ago. We realized about a year ago that we had been babying her far too much, to her detriment, so it's something we've worked really hard on this year.

She uses the microwave mostly, but she does make her own breakfast in the mornings, and can microwave a hotdog or something if she wants it. She is well-versed in blender usage, as we love smoothies around here.

Put themselves to bed?

Yup. She goes up to shower at 7:15 every evening, comes back down to hang out with us for a while, then go back upstairs whenever she is ready to sleep. She takes her vitamins and allergy medicine without being reminded. We do still occasionally tuck her in, because we like it, not because she needs it. She will usually read or listen to music for a while before actually turning her lights out.

Clean up after self without being asked?

This is hit or miss. Some things, she's really good at. We never find laundry or towels on the floor, and she will clean up after art projects, but if she's just been playing with stuff in the living room, she will need a reminder that if she's done, it needs to be put back. One reminder is all it will take though and she doesn't complain about it.

Not really. There isn't much to walk to around here. We do let her play outside unsupervised, and she and a girl a year younger will occasionally walk back or forth to each other's houses (about 2 blocks). We trust her to stay safe, she just isn't given much opportunity.

She also uses an alarm clock to wake, gets dressed/hair brushed/teeth brushed, backpack packed without being reminded in the mornings. She does her own laundry on Fridays and puts it away. Does her homework without being reminded, and remembers things for school. She's really come a LONG way in a year, and it was obvious it was us holding her back, not herself, you know? She was ready for a lot more responsibility, we just needed to see that.

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#39 of 57 Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

My 8 year old uses the microwave and the toaster.  No to the stove unless I need her to watch something while I grab something else. 

She does not clean up without being asked, we're working on it though.

And no on the walking somewhere alone.  I remember being 8 and a latchkey kid.  I was scared out of my mind having to walk anywhere by myself.  She hasn't asked either so we'll see how that goes.

She always puts herself to bed.  This summer I let her do her thing and sometimes I would wake up to go to work and she would still be up getting my lunch together.  How can I be mad?

There are things I would prefer she didn't do by herself like wash her own hair and take her own showers with all her clothes ready and a towel out,  just because I like doing that stuff.   I don't think he's/she's being babied though.  I would let him/her do the things you have more safety control over first and see how he does.

Quote:

Put themselves to bed?

I know I have babied my youngest.  I would like to encourage a bit more independance - but I forget (lame!  I have 3 kids!) what 8 year olds are capable of.

I would prefer it if only people who have or have had 8 yr olds respond.  If you have 6 yr old who does one of the above - that is cool too. 

TIA!

Kathy

#40 of 57 Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 AM

I have an 8 year old son.

He routinely gets his own food and has used the toaster. Unfortunately he's afraid to use the stove, even though I've tried to teach him (i.e. how to boil an egg, for example). I guess our safety warnings went a little too far.

Put themselves to bed?

He's done it, but very rarely. Mostly he needs to be reminded to stick to the routine. Bedtime is a huge issue. He gets so fired-up and creative at night and will often read in bed until 12:30. Ugh. Yes, we are homeschoolers; I don't know how I'd handle getting my night owl to school every day.  :-)

He clears his place at the table now, without being asked. That was after years of telling him to. I don't think the telling him to was what did it, though. We recently made a firm chore chart and one of the chores is setting the table for dinner. He seems to have risen to the task and takes pride in it. So I think the place-clearing is an offshoot of that pride. It's awesome. But he doesn't clean up toys after himself during the course of the day unless asked; however, the new chore chart has "clean up toys from living & dining room before bed" on it. And so now he does that; sometimes automatically but usually with reminders needed. In our finished basement he has toys all over the place but they're sort of set up so that he can go down and resume creative play at any minute. It's like a world that he's created and it spans the entire basement floor. Drives us crazy but we LOVE that he plays this creative stuff, so we tolerate the mess.  His dad's guitars and amps take up the rest of the space down there, so how can we really complain. I mean I do, but who listens.....

I'd let him, and I'm sure he'd go, but we have no where for him to go. His neighborhood friends (two blocks away) are all in the school system so they've drifted apart. So he has no reason to walk up there.  :-(  We're in a subdivision that's bounded by woods. But maybe I will send him on an errand to borrow something or deliver something to their mom, just to see if he wants to or can handle it. My son's problem is he is so distractible, he's likely to see something in nature and want to wander off into someone's yard to chase a bunny or down the path in the woods, and sort of lose the Point A to Point B thing.   :-)

#41 of 57 Old 08-23-2011, 04:35 PM

My 8 YO DD will get her own snacks, including things that need toasting or microwaving.  Both she and 11 you DS generally are "free snacking" during the day and don't even ask for food help.  She can certainly get out her own ice cream (her favorite snack)!  She can use the stove and oven with supervision.

On a regular basis she gets herself ready for bed with multiple reminders/checklist (she has ADHD and by bedtime her meds have worn off and she can't remember from one minute to the next what she's supposed to be doing).  We still read to both kids before bed and DD still likes to snuggle until almost asleep.  However, she went to sleep away camp for the first time this summer and was completely "bed time" independent!

She walks to friends in the neighborhood (about a block) now and will start walking 5 blocks home from school tomorrow.  Well, I'll probably go and walk with her tomorrow but after that I expect her to do it on her own.

Clean up without being asked?  There are kids that do that?  Where do I get one????   Seriously, this child will trip over things for weeks without picking them up.  She cannot/will not remember to put her food trash in the garbage and her dirty dishes near the sink.  Its probably my biggest pet peeve with her at the moment.

#42 of 57 Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 PM

DD1 turned 8 in May.

Yes. DD1 can use the toaster, and also gets many of her own meals. I supervise some things (chopping celery, scooping Miracle Whip) to make sure she doesn't make a huge mess or use too much of something. She also gets breakfast for dd2 sometimes. Her skills are basically up to making a tuna salad sandwich, complete with chopped celery and onion (although she frequently asks me to cut the onion, as she only likes it very finely chopped, and she isn't quite up to that yet).

Put themselves to bed?

Hmmm...dh usually puts the kids to bed, then I go in an do goodnights after that (including reading or singing or whatever). But, dd1 certainly can put herself to bed. She takes her own shower, brushes her own teeth, brushes her own hair (grudgingly!), etc.

No. DD1 is fairly hopeless at this stuff. She's amazingly orderly when the cleaning bug hits her, and can clear up the living room or her bedroom quite quickly. She enjoys straightening the family's shoes and things like that. But, she's the type of kid who will take off a hoodie and drop it where she is, without thinking about it. We make her pick it up and put it in the hamper or hang it up or whatever, but she keeps doing it.

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks

She could, but she doesn't. Her friends are all in our townhouse complex, and most other places that she goes are farther away than we're comfortable letting her walk on her own. I'd probably let her walk to the closest grocery store (about 15 miinutes away - not sure how many blocks it would be), except that the last street she'd have to cross is an intersection where people do stupid things. She's shown no interest in it yet, anyway.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#43 of 57 Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 AM

8 1/2  yr old boy

Get food for themselves. Use stove or toaster?

He will get cold snacks for himself, can use knives (slice bread or fruit etc). We don't have a toaster or microwave. I don't let him use the stove - the stove top is about shoulder level to him, not safe.

Put themselves to bed?

No way. He needs to be directed step by step, and then when finally under the covers its cuddles for 10-20 mins from both DH & I. He loves his bedtime cuddles.

Routine things, most time he needs "reminding". He needs to clear up after snacking, take care of his clothes (placed on chair after undressing if reusable or in the hamper if not), organise his schoolwork, put away his playthings, make his bed in the mornings etc. He does a lot, but needs prompting 9 times out of 10. Paradoxically, exceptional stuff (big spills, break something) he will take a broom or a mop and clean up spontaneously.

He will start walking himself to school with two other same-age neighbour kids this autumn (10 min walk). He has been asking for a while to walk places in the neighbourhood alone, but I haven't yet let him.

read.gif WOH wife to heartbeat.gif, mother to myviolin.gif 8yo and one cat.gif who thinks he's a dog2.gif

#44 of 57 Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 AM

DD is nine turning 10, she's doing a little more every few months, but as for when she was 8... 

Quote:

Yes, she gets food for herself.  She also makes snacks for the toddlers if she's making something for herself.  Stove- only with direct supervision, toaster- yes, microwave- yes. 

Put themselves to bed?

Yep. 

Um, not so much.  She really needs a lot of poking and prodding to follow through with clean up, even now. 

Very small town, she may go a few blocks.  However, her grandparent's house is right near 'town' and halfway to the park, so she has a little extra support and knows she can stop in there whenever she wants.  

I know I have babied my youngest.  I would like to encourage a bit more independance - but I forget (lame!  I have 3 kids!) what 8 year olds are capable of.

I would prefer it if only people who have or have had 8 yr olds respond.  If you have 6 yr old who does one of the above - that is cool too. 

TIA!

Kathy

#45 of 57 Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Yes. My son is 8 and actually aspires to a career as a chef one day. The kid has been whipping up killer recipes since age 5! Im talking from scratch, made up in his own head stir fries and casseroles with chopping and dicing and all that. Blows me away. :) Pretty sure thats not the norm though. My 10 yr old can only make sandwiches and toast. :)

Put themselves to bed?

Yes. Again, very independent ansd self reliant. I wish his older brother and younger brothers were as easy to get to d the expected thinsg without cnstant reminders,

Yes. He is very into orghanization and tidiness. He likes his area to be neat.

I allow him to go to friends homes and stay within one block without me as long as he is within earshot. If I call him and he doesnt come running he has to come hme and stay inside the next day. I know all our neighbors but am still fairly protective cuz you just never know....

TIA!

Kathy

#46 of 57 Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Oh goodness yes. DD makes scrambled eggs, toast, sandwiches, mac and cheese, pours drinks, makes salads, cuts up fruit, cuts up cheese, etc... She is good to go on the toaster and microwave, I keep a loose eye on her with the stove. She has made cookies from start to finish with me managing, but not doing. She helps me to cook often.

Put themselves to bed?

I wish. She's getting better at it. She just moved from the family bed to a twin, pushed right up next to me. She likes to have an adult in the room when she goes to sleep.

Depends. My first reaction to this question was to snicker. She is not very mindful these days. She does go on a cleaning jag once a week and do things like dust, make the beds, sort laundry, vacuum, do some dishes. But it's random. She is pretty particular about her desk/dressing table and keeps it neat most of the time. Other times it is a jumble of Lego's, construction paper, and hair accessories.

She is allowed to go up and down our street. There isn't anything to walk to. She has to check in with me before leaving the yard. In a store she like target she is allowed to hang in the Barbie aisle while I browse a few aisles over. At IKEA I will sit in the cafe with her younger brother while she goes and gets an ice cream cone. At Busch Gardens she is allowed to go get in line and ride a ride while I sit on a shady bench with her brother or take him to the kiddy ride in that area. At the beach she can head down to the sand by the water or back up to the shower area while I am wrangling her brother. I've been publicly chewed out for this by a stranger (kidnappers don't you know.) At the aquarium or zoo she is allowed to run up ahead to another out of sight exhibit.

I know I have babied my youngest.  I would like to encourage a bit more Independence - but I forget (lame!  I have 3 kids!) what 8 year olds are capable of.

DD will be 8 in October.

TIA!

Kathy

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#47 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 02:17 AM

dd1 is 9 1/2, dd2 turns 8 next week. They both fix their own breakfasts, including using the toaster. The eldest has progressed to cooking boiled eggs, pasta, and making hot chocolate in the microwave. She also makes sandwiches at sunday lunchtimes for the family while I clean up after sunday school.

They both get ready for bed independently, although I do start running bath water, they turn it off! One they are ready for bed I still go up and say goodnight, sometimes still read to dd2, although they both generally prefer to read independently, now.

The eldest wanders happily around our small town on Saturday mornings, runs errands, meets friends in the park and at the local cafe for a milkshake. She has done for over a year now. I'll let the younger one go along with her, but not independently yet, she's a slightly flakier personality.

#48 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:

My youngest just turned 8 a couple of weeks ago - I'm basing my answers on her but all of her siblings have been about the same at this age.

Yes to all. Simple things on the stove like eggs, grill cheese, soup, pasta - that sort of thing if I am not directly supervising.

Put themselves to bed?

Yes but she shares a room with an older sister which helps. I tuck in after the fact.

umm - lol - I guess although it is usually with being asked first. It depends on what it is. She's usually pretty good about doing her chores without reminding.

We just moved and so I am less likely to let her wander too far without siblings until we get the lay of the land. When she was 7 and we lived in our old house she could roam 5 or 6 residential blocks with her siblings who were 9 at the time. I tend to prefer my kids travel in pairs in general. 

Blessed partner to a great guy, and mama to 4 amazing kids. Unfortunate target of an irrationally angry IRL stalker.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ Buddha

#49 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM

My 8yo does all those things.

(By "put themself to bed" I'm assuming you mean that after a story is read and the light is turned out, the child goes to sleep without more parental involvment for the night.)
#50 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

By put self to bed I meant minimum involvement from parents in the process (other than a reminder of the time).  I see almost no 8 yr olds put themselves to bed.

#51 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yeah, I think the day my 8 yr old doesn't want a story and a back rub I'll die a little inside. I know that sounds pathetic, but I totally need that. So I hope it doesn't happen til maybe 12? Is that sad of me? Maybe it is.
#52 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Yeah, I think the day my 8 yr old doesn't want a story and a back rub I'll die a little inside. I know that sounds pathetic, but I totally need that. So I hope it doesn't happen til maybe 12? Is that sad of me? Maybe it is.

No, it sounds sweet.  I am so tired by the time DD goes to bed that i want her to put herself to bed bag.gif but maybe I need to work on recharging my batteries in the evening so I can put her to bed happily.

I have been working on her getting her own food with some success.  

I am game with her walking a block or two, but she has no interest in it, so that is where we are at with that.

As per cleaning up after herself - it seems to be a work in progress - not only for her, but everyone in our family, lol.  i have ramped up the expectation slightly though.

#53 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:

If it helps, my 11 YO (OMG -- 12 next week!!!) who just started middle school still likes me to read and snuggle in to talk before he goes to sleep.  And he wants a kiss before he leaves for school, even though he is now old enough to ride his bike to school on his own.  So maybe you will get to 12 too!

#54 of 57 Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM

Uhhhm, this is adorable!

Quote Childsplay: Yes. He'll walk himself to sailing school (1/2 mile or so) and walk halfway across town to go fishing or 'clear his head' as he says. - he's kind of like an old man love.gif

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#55 of 57 Old 08-31-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:

I think it's pretty normal. When ds1 (now 18 - so many changes in the last few years!) turned 12, we were a few months away from moving. He and I used to have this long, drawn-out bedtime ritual (three distinct sequences of rhymes/salutations - think "good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" type thing - multiple songs, and a set series of hugs and kisses). DS1 announced that he was 12 now, and didn't need me to "put him to bed" anymore. (I didn't, really - just diid the good nights.) But, he also decided that he'd keep doing them until we moved into our new place. So, the first night in our new place, we just said "goodnight" and gave each other a hug and a kiss before he went to bed. It felt sooooo weird, and I was a bit sad, even though I had dd1 (then two) and ds2 (then 10 days) to occupy me. I knew he was going to grow up, but some of the steps along the way were harder than others.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#56 of 57 Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Get food for themselves. Use stove or toaster? Yes, my eight year old can fix herself something to eat. She uses the microwave and toaster but not the stove.

Put themselves to bed? Yes.

clean up after self without being asked? No.

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks). Yes, 2-3 blocks.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#57 of 57 Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 PM

My ds turned 4 in July and does all of those things.   

The farthest he walks alone is to the neighbor's house though, its I think 6 houses down in our gated community, and he doesn't have to cross the road.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page