Does your 8 year old.....? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Get food for themselves.  Use stove or toaster?

Put themselves to bed?

clean up after self without being asked?

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks).  

I know I have babied my youngest.  I would like to encourage a bit more independance - but I forget (lame!  I have 3 kids!) what 8 year olds are capable of.

I would prefer it if only people who have or have had 8 yr olds respond.  If you have 6 yr old who does one of the above - that is cool too. 

TIA!

Kathy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Just turned 10 and no, no, no, no, and no. lol.gif 

He has come a long way this year, though.  He went to the motel lobby on his own recently.  I think he'd go to the library on his own (2 blocks) if he liked going to the library and felt confident that the librarians would be nice.  I don't really want him walking around our neighborhood alone, anyway, though I let him go as far as he wants elsewhere. 

He'll get dry snack food on his own.  He'd probably use a toaster but no way would he want to spread things or scoop things or otherwise risk sticky, messy hands.  He'll clean up dry messes, not usually without being asked, but sometimes.  He'll certainly pick up something he drops, not just leave it.

I have always encouraged him to be independent but I don't force him past his comfort level.  He has always been the least independent kid I know, but he is getting there!

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#3 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 11:20 AM

It really depends on the child. 

When you say toaster, do you mean toaster oven or just a regular toaster that sits on the counter and you put bread, or bagels in it?

My 9 year old has been using a toaster since he was about 7 and my 5 year old can make his own toast as long as I open the peanut butter for him. 

My 9 year old has also been making his own mac and cheese on the stove for about a year now.  He still needs help draining the noodles because the pan is a bit heavy for him. 

My 9 year old knows how to clean up most messes he makes, but chooses not to unless told he has to.  My 3 year old will see a mess and try to clean it up though.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#4 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have an 8 year old boy. He'll be 9 in December.

He definitely gets food for himself, though he'd be happy to let me do it for him if I hadn't started having him do it for himself when he was 6 or so!

He has to pull over a chair to get glasses out of the cabinets, but he can definitely toast his own bread, make his own sandwich, and heat stuff up in the microwave. He can turn on the stove but, to my knowledge, he's never actually cooked something himself. We do make cookies together.

He gets himself ready for bed (brushes teeth without supervision, gets undressed, gets into bed), but we always read him a story and tuck him in.

He kind of cleans up after himself. He likes his room to be neat, so he'll clean it himself and sometimes he just decides to vacuum or clean up other areas of the house (*LOTS* of positive reinforcement for this behavior!). But a lot of the time I have to remind him to take his glasses and plates to the kitchen, rinse them off, etc, unpack his backpack, and generally pick up his stuff.

He can and will walk himself places -- up to about five/six blocks. We live in Europe and our neighborhood is safe and relatively car free, so most kids play outside pretty unsupervised. We're pretty free-range, in general. However, it took some encouragement to get him to where he'd feel comfortable walking and playing on his own. He's naturally a bit hesitant, so we've had to actively encourage independence.

#5 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've got a 7 and a 10 year old.

Stove no. 7 year old will use the toaster and get food for herself. 10 year old prefers to be served. No way he would have at 8.

biglaugh.gif That's a trick question, right?

At 8, our son would walk about a block (really, down the block and around the corner). He's a cautious kid. He STILL wants us to pick him up from the bus stop. The bus stop is 1/2 a block from our house. The 8 year olds at the stop usually walk themselves home (about a block and a half).

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#6 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Mine's 9 1/2.

He can make himself a few things to eat.  He uses the toaster on his own all the time and can cook a few things on the stove.  He does ride his bike or walk across town to get to the swimming pool.  We live in the country so I don't usually let him walk/ride down the road on his own because it's a windy, hilly road and I see way too many flying down it.  He can pick up after himself but sometimes needs reminders.  Both him and my 5 year old help clean, make their beds everyday and pick up their rooms and the playroom. 

#7 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

My son is 8

My son can get food that doesn't need cooked out of the cupboard, fridge or freezer himself.

He uses the microwave and toaster.

He is starting to learn to cook and can make scrambled eggs, pancakes, and grilled cheese (we must be home and he has to have permission to use the stove)

Put themselves to bed?

He puts himself to bed, but does need reminded that it is bed time and he needs to do so.

My son needs to be asked. He also usually needs a lot of guidance on how and what to do.

We allow my son to go to the neighbors and elsewhere within a 1 block radius without supervision.

I know I have babied my youngest.  I would like to encourage a bit more independance - but I forget (lame!  I have 3 kids!) what 8 year olds are capable of.

I would prefer it if only people who have or have had 8 yr olds respond.  If you have 6 yr old who does one of the above - that is cool too. 

TIA!

Kathy

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#8 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM

I have an 8 year old boy.

He can get himself food, make a sandwich, get a bowl of cereal (his favorite food), etc. He's generally not into food though so that's not really much of an issue, lol.

He can and does put himself to bed and will stay up reading generally as long as he wants (he has to be in bed at a certain time but if he's reading I usually let him be, unless he has to get up early the next day).

He is pretty clean and will keep his room clean, put his laundry in the hamper, backpack/lunchbox where they go, etc. This is contributed to prior years of nagging, lol. How else do little boys learn this stuff?

As far as venturing out on his own, we live in the city and going by his peers and friends, it seems that nobody really allows them to wander around the block yet. He is allowed to play outside by himself but he stays within earshot or near his friend's house (couple houses up from ours). In the next year or so I might decide he's ready to start walking home from school (2 blocks), library, or local park.

ETA; just noticed your user name, lol- He loves Harry Potter too, that's what he's reading till 11 most evenings, lol.

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#9 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:

I have an almost 10 yo son.  He can fix his own breakfast, he packs his own lunches.  He can use the stove for simple things like scrambled eggs or grilled cheese with supervision.  He is allowed to use the toaster.

Put themselves to bed?

He takes a shower, brushes his teeth, and puts himself to bed.  I or my husband goes upstairs to tuck him in (along with his almost 12 year old sister)

Yes, for the most part.

We haven't done too much with this yet.  We just moved to our new neighborhood in June.

#10 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM

My dd is 6 (7 in a month) and I thought I'd answer since she does do some of those things.  She gets food for herself (and her brother).  Mostly cold food (cereal, make a sandwich, other snacks) but uses a toaster too.  She doesn't use the stove or oven without my help.

The farthest she goes by herself is to the corner store (literally just on the corner - so no street crossing).

My dd sometimes puts herself to bed.  She does everything (tooth brushing, pjs, etc) herself, but likes to have company.  Plus I'm always there to help her 3yo brother anyway.  But I don't read her a story any more.  She prefers to be by herself and read to herself.

She NEVER cleans up after herself (maybe if she's spilled something... and even then she often tries to get me to do it).  Grrr....

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#11 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM

Get food for themselves. Use stove or toaster?- Yes, my eight year old does get food for herself for snacks. She may use the stove with direct supervision (she loves making scrambled eggs) but I am not yet comfortable with her using the stove if I am not in the kitchen. We do not have a toaster or a microwave, so her cooking is limited to the stove.

Put themselves to bed?- I'm sure she could, but we have a lovely bedtime routine that we do not want to change.She gets ready, brushes her teeth, and then we have stories and songs together in bed before we say goodnight and turn out her light.

Sometimes better than other times, but she is a pretty neat kid.

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks). She'll walk down the block to her friend's house, but that's it. I had a couple of bad experiences walking alone as a child. Once a guy exposed his crotch to me, and another time I was followed around a residential neighborhood by a seedy car with dark windows. I had to knock on a strange door for help. I'm not comfortable with my daughter walking alone at this age.
#12 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Yes. He uses the toaster, microvave and toaster oven. Not the stove though. ( my rule)

Put themselves to bed?

Yes. But still needs me to tuck him in, get him water and find his stuffed dog : ) But if he's tired, he goes to bed, he actually says things like 'well I'm turning in now' or 'time for me to hit the sack'

Hahaha. Nooooooo. Only if it's something he's got a vested interest in. like his boat, he'll clean that up all day, but a plate? or a messy room? Forget it.

Yes. He'll walk himself to sailing school (1/2 mile or so) and walk halfway across town to go fishing or 'clear his head' as he says. - he's kind of like an old man love.gif

Mine's the second oldest - 10 years younger than his big bro and with a set of twins right on his heels (16 mos younger) So his independance most likely came partially from his big brother and a lot from the twins, he was kind of booted out of babyhood by nessessity. Poor little guy.

TIA!

Kathy

#13 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM

I have a 9 1/2 year old, but I'll answer as to what she did at age 8

Yes and would use the toaster and microwave.  She still doesn't use the stove.

Put themselves to bed?

yes

Without being asked??? Not usually.   If asked, yes, she will.

A couple of houses down (4-5) to the neighbor's house and back and to the mailboxes where we live (out of eyesight of our house, but very close..probably about a 1 minute walk).

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#14 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 03:21 PM

I skipped the bed question.

Both of them get ready for bed (teeth, toilet, pj's) but I always tuck them in.  My 9 year old reads for awhile after that.

#15 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 03:23 PM

I have an 11 year old, a 9 year old and a 7 year old who does some of these things.  All three kids get themselves cereal and toast.  My 9 year old also managed getting the kettle for instant oatmeal and cooking eggs (fried, boiled or scrambled that age.  My oldest was not ready at that age due to sensory issues, but he is now.  My 7 year old still gets help from the olders.  We love reading to each other at bedtime and telling stories, even my oldest (and the middle has been at an adult reading level for over a year and still enjoys reading together), so we choose to do bedtimes together.  If I am working late, all three put themselves to bed for their father.  We now love in the country, so our walking situation is different.  When we lived in the suburbs, all three (the youngest was 5 at the time) were allowed to walk three blocks to the neighbour's, but there were no street crossings.  Since there was a street crossing for school, I walked with the oldest until he was 7 (it was about 3 blocks as well).  After that the older children walked with the younger ones.  Now that we are in the country, the older two can walk about a mile away either direction as long as they let me know, but my 7 year old has to take an older sibling because the highway speed is fast here.  My younger two clean up after themselves without being asked, my oldest has special needs and requires prompting to do so.  A lot depends on the child and where you live, but that's where we are at.

Busy keeping up with three children and an awful lot of chickens!

#16 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 PM

My children have various levels of what they do for them selves.  My 6 year old will get himself cereal or toaster waffles. He can make himself a pp & j and a big mess to go along with it.

My husband and I put all 5 of our kids to bed. It  helps us reconnect after a long day. The 2 year old still sleeps with us. 

#17 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I have an 8y and um, no to all! She will get snacks, and *can* make a sandwich but rarely will, I just find the stuff sitting out waiting for me to make it. Anything on the stove, no, microwave yes, the toaster scares her so she won't get near it. She has walked 2 blocks or so to gymnastics before but she didn't like it. I'm hoping by next summer she will be comfortable with that. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#18 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 04:18 PM

My almost 8 year old made her own scrambled eggs this morning, start to finish. She can make toast, oatmeal, sandwiches, etc.She's pretty good int he kitchen.

She clears her place at the table, but leaves stuff almost everywhere.

After story, she says prayers with us then puts herself to bed. We check on her once after that.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#19 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have an 8 1/2 year old DD.  She doesn't get food for herself very often.  Even if we have something like cherries that she can easily get out for herself, she won't usually think of doing it on her own.  She doesn't use the stove and doesn't want to.  She can use the toaster, but she complains that it's too hard to get the toast out because it burns her fingers.  (I suppose a pair of wooden tongs would solve that problem.)  She hates to butter toast herself and she's not very good at it, but I've made her practice some, so she can do it.

I normally tell her when it's time to brush her teeth; she might or might not think of it if I didn't remind her.  The kids don't have a bedtime (we homeschool), so after they have their teeth brushed and I read to them, they can do what they want and they get into bed when they feel like it.  If she did have a bedtime, I'm pretty sure I couldn't count on her to notice when it was bedtime and go up and brush her teeth and get into bed without a reminder.

What kind of cleaning up after herself do you mean?  If she spilled a glass of water, there's a pretty good chance she'd find a towel and mop it up.  But she doesn't take her dirty dishes to the kitchen or sweep up crumbs she gets on the floor or pick up stuff of hers that's lying around the house or anything like that. 

We don't live in a neighborhood with sidewalks; she'd have to walk along the shoulder of a busy road to get anywhere.  But if we lived in a place where it was safe, I think she'd be willing to walk at least a few blocks alone.  I'd probably feel comfortable letting her walk a mile along a familiar route, once she'd had some practice crossing roads, but I'm not sure she'd feel comfortable going that far alone yet.

#20 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

My dd is 8 and she gets food for herself, uses the toaster, cooks eggs on the stove top with supervision, and will clean up her meal stuff without being asked but rarely her room unless ask her to.  We have a bedtime routine so I don't expect her to put herself to bed but she does definitely fall asleep by herself after I give her a hug and kiss.  I don't let her walk alone here, but that is because I don't trust our neighborhood.  She can be at the opposite end of the park, block, or building and that is fine but not off on her own.

#21 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM

DD is 7 and DS is 9.

Both of them can use the toaster, the microwave and the cordless kettle (it's got a plate that plugs into the wall, sits on the counter) DD will make a PB sandwich, DS will make a ham & tomato (so uses a knife) I'm not sure how much of that is age-related... she doesn't like meat & veggie sandwiches. I'd probably let her. Neither of them is allowed to use the stove/oven unless I am right with them.

They will put their plates and cups on the counter, because if I find them left in the living room they lose the privilege of eating anywhere but the kitchen table for a few days. They sometimes decide to load or unload the dishwasher, and DD likes to wipe down the table, but not consistently without being asked.

They won't put themselves to bed... they need to be kept on task until they're tucked in with the lights out (and occasionally beyond) Once they're in, sometimes they will read themselves a book.

DS is allowed to play at school for a while on his own (with friends) and then walk home by himself. From the edge of the school ground, its across a residential street, past 2 houses and then down our alley (we're the second house in) I will let DD walk home on her own if DH is here. They would be allowed to go to the gas station for candy one block down together, or DS on his own... but I rarely have change... it's not all about age though. There are things I allow DS to do that I don't know if I'll be comfortable with DD doing at his age. DS has always been a critical thinker... he's a sceptic, and while he's not shy he's not an extrovert, either. If someone says"Hi!" to him, he'll answer and keep walking. DD? She might stop and tell the person where she's going, what her name is, how much money she has if I've given her some, that she likes something they're wearing, etc, etc, etc... and I while I love that she's outgoing and trustful of people, it makes her more vulnerable. She might need extra time to learn the skills she needs to be out on herown.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#22 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 PM

My son will be 8 in a month.  He can cook a bit, toaster is okay he'll make pancakes using a kid cookbook.  He has to be reminded to clean up but will do it when it is pointed out.  He doesn't really go anywhere in the neighborhood by himself unless it's the park less then 1/2 block away.  For bedtime he'll get his pj's on, brush his teeth, and read a book until I tell him to stop!

Mama to Q (9/03) and M (12/06) :
#23 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I was going to respond, but my daughter won't be 8 for a month and a half, so I'll wait.  lol.gif

I feel like my kids are more capable than they let on.  My 7 year old could get her own food and she will if she has to, but she doesn't prefer to do that.  My 12 year old gets too flustered at having to get her own food, she wants exact instructions, she doesn't feel comfortable trying it, and then if it doesn't turn out exactly right, she gets upset and blames me for making her do it herself.

#24 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

I was going to respond, but my daughter won't be 8 for a month and a half, so I'll wait.  lol.gif

I am bossy, eh?  bag.gif  You can respond if you like.   smile.gif

I just didn't want people with toddlers responding based on what they think 8 year olds are capable of.

I also think my daughter is more capable than she lets on.  She likes having people do stuff for her - I do not know if it is the youngest complex/ us babying her coming through or a little laziness. 

#25 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 PM

Get food for themselves.  Use stove or toaster? My girls (9 and 7) get food for themselves all the time. They know how to use our toaster oven and can make a couple of things on the stove.

Put themselves to bed? They CAN put themselves to bed. Sometimes they do. They get their jammies on themselves and get in bed. I still tuck them in and sometimes read to them, though.

clean up after self without being asked? Again, they both CAN, but there are plenty of times where they don't, without being asked.

Walk themselves somewhere (name number of blocks). I'm sure they could, but I don't let them. I might let them walk to a friends' house down the street while I'm watching, but that's about it. Although I do let them get stuff from different grocery aisles, if it is something specific.

#26 of 57 Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Mine is almost 10 but I don't remember it being any different at 8....

~She can use pretty much everything in the kitchen; I love to cook so she was taught at an early age.  That doesn't mean she won't ask me to make her a sandwich or something when she doesn't feel like getting up, however!  I usually indulge her on that if I'm not too busy and she'll do the same for me.

Put themselves to bed?

~Nope. Still won't go to sleep unless I'm right there, in fact. It's starting to be a problem honestly. I really feel like she's old/mature enough to put herself to bed without so much of my direct involvement, or at least settle for dh instead of me!

~In the kitchen yes. It makes my brain twitch to see a kitchen with every surface and pan dirty so she has the habit of cleaning as she goes while cooking. Everywhere else...not so much. She will do it without any fuss most of the time, but the mess has to be pointed out or it's invisible.

~Her range is our circle so half a mile alone. I'm ok with her going further (say, to stores just outside our neighborhood) with a friend but her best friend (12)  isn't comfy with it so it doesn't happen very often. 

#27 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 AM

bag.gif

DS is 11 now. I think he COULD be pretty independent but chooses to pretend that he can't do anything.

Quote:

Wasn't able to when he was 8, could do it now (being 11) but prefers not to.

Put themselves to bed?

Yes, now and then.

No

Two blocks, takes a public bus to school by himself (15 minutes drive)

#28 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

I feel like my kids are more capable than they let on.  My 7 year old could get her own food and she will if she has to, but she doesn't prefer to do that.  My 12 year old gets too flustered at having to get her own food, she wants exact instructions, she doesn't feel comfortable trying it, and then if it doesn't turn out exactly right, she gets upset and blames me for making her do it herself.

My soon-to-be 8 year old is just like your kids in this respect, Viola.  He asks me for water 20 times a day, and 18-20 times a day I tell him to get it for himself, but he doesn't like it one little bit.  He will also grudgingly get himself a very simple snack, but wouldn't consider using the toaster oven (we have no microwave) and has never made himself a sandwich.  I think I told him to wash himself an apple yesterday, and that's about as complicated as he gets.  

He will brush teeth and take a shower, though he'd prefer I brushed his teeth.  I lay down with him and my 2 year-old to get them to sleep, but I fear I'd still be doing that with him even if my two year old weren't part of the equation.  I will miss it when it's over, but jeeeez.  lol

He doesn't walk anywhere by himself.  I feel like our neighborhood is a little sketchy.  But, truthfully, it's probably better than where I lived when I was 8 and I had to walk or ride my bike 3 miles to school.  By that age, I was doing all kinds of stuff that I couldn't imagine Milo doing. 

And like previous poster mentioned...  my 2 year-old does fairly often clean up after himself, but never my 7 year old.  I'm guessing my little one will grow out of it.  lol.gif

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#29 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 04:41 AM

My quick answers.  Dd is 9.5 officially this month.  ;)

We have a toaster oven and she does not use it without supervision (I still burn myself on it, sometimes!)  Same with stove... only with supervision.  If we had a toaster, she would be using it on her own.  We own a microwave, but don't really use it.

She does get her own food, and cuts it.  I taught her proper knife skills years ago and she knows to keep knuckles out and fingertips in when cutting.  I have watched her cutting food and am confident that she knows what she is doing.  Again, though, she doesn't make anything that requires cooking.  We don't really eat processed foods (crackers is about it), so things like those pizza pockets in the microwave are not an option for us and I don't know how she'd do with that kind of "cooking".   A typical snack that she might get for herself would be cut-up fruit, a cup of milk, and maybe some Annie's crackers.

She will and has done for a long time, clean up after making a mess.  General picking up (clothes left on floor, for example), she has to be reminded... um, several times.  When she's not in school her job is to make the bed.  I have to remind her of this even though it's something she is supposed to do every.single.day.  One major issue we have right now is that if she is somewhere other than the bedroom when changing... she'll stuff the dirty clothes somewhere rather than take them upstairs to the laundry basket.  We're working on that one.  But she does clean up.  Just needs reminders, still.

Putting herself to bed.  We have a routine and she knows it now.  She has to put eczema cream on at night, wash her face and hands, and brush her teeth before pj's and bed with some time for reading.  She does this only in the past year or so without someone there to "coach" her.  She used to get distracted in the process.  Not so much anymore... 'cause she wants those extra minutes to read before lights out.

Not sure if she's typical... haven't read other responses... but she seems like an average 9 yo to me (and did so at 8, as well).

#30 of 57 Old 08-19-2011, 05:24 AM

My ds is 8 (will be 9 in Nov).  He makes his own breakfast (toast, cereal, eggs (microwave) or serves oatmeal from the crockpot).  He can make his own sandwich and can get other things like yogurt, cut up fruit, defrost frozen berries, etc...  He likes to help cook at the stove (pancakes, pasta, ....) but he's very cautious and always wants us beside him.  He makes most of his own school lunches with some minor supervision.

He gets himself ready for bed with pj's and brushing teeth.  We tuck him into bed. 

I'd say 50% of the time he cleans up his own dishes.  Rarely will he clean up his room, clothes, books without reminders or a cleanup session done by all of us.

He walks himself to and from the bus stop which I can see from our house.  Once again, he is pretty cautious so likes the company of his parents.

My dd is 6-1/2 and can actually do all the above as well.  But she's a bit more adventurous and not as cautious as her older brother.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page