A beautiful note... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My darling daughter (who is 7) wrote this for me this morning. I'm having a hard time with my mental health right now (lots of anxiety and sobbing). It made me sob, but it's so beautiful I had to share.

note Sept 2 2011 no name.jpg

(By the way, the underlined word means she's not sure how to spell it. It's supposed to be 'beautiful', but I'll take being 'befutil' too.) I know we'll have work to do when I get well, but this note has kept me going for today. My children are amazing souls. I love them so much.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#2 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Awww, that's great! I'd be tempted to frame that. She's a good speller!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#3 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

That made ME cry! So sweet. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Lynn, when I see your daughter's note the phrase "what goes around, comes around" comes to my mind.  I notice that you give so much of yourself to others here on this mother site; it is so lovely that your little one is able to give to you in your time of need. 

#5 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
And reminders from our children are exactly why I LOVE being a mother. You are one loved mama and they understand so much more than we can fathom. Thank you for sharing.
#6 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Dar

Aww... and clearly you're an awesome mom, to have a daughter who would write you that letter. I'm sorry that you're suffering right now, but I'm glad you're still able to feel how loved you are. There have been times during the past 18 years when the only thing that kept me from suicide was the thought that my daughter loved me so much, and would be so devastated if I did that. It's a very powerful love...

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

#7 of 18 Old 09-03-2011, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

bawling.gif oh lynn what a sweet sensitive dd you have. to have that kind of understanding and to be able to find a deep way of connecting with you as support. 

oh befutil mama you have a befutil dd. 

this note is all about YOU. not so much about her at all. 

methinks this child understands a LOT. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#8 of 18 Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 PM

I agree with PP - frame that note!  She will be embarrassed by it when she is older, but you will cherish it forever.  Frame it, and put it near your bed - that way you'll see it before bed every night, and first thing when you wake up.

#9 of 18 Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 AM

luxlove.gif

so sweet.

Lynn, I do not know what you are going through - but I just want to let you know I have always valued your words and wisdom on MDC.  

I do not doubt you will come through this - it might just not be today.  Take care of and be easy on yourself,

Kathy

#10 of 18 Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. She is an amazing child, and I worry about her so. She's this amazing combination of highly sensitive + don't get in my way. She comes across as bossy and prickly.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#11 of 18 Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Dar

Mine was like that at that age. She really came into her own during the next few years, as she learned to step back and take a second look at things when her feelings felt hurt, and to channel her bossiness into real leadership. Those are big gifts and it takes some time to grow into them, but they'll serve her well later.

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

#12 of 18 Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 PM

happytears.gif

That is just so sweet and wonderful!

Libby blahblah.gif, momma to my precious little girl (6/29/07) 
                        and wonderful little man (12/1/10)

#13 of 18 Old 09-19-2011, 05:25 PM

That brings a tear to my eye too and I've never met you. What a sweet child smile.gif

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#14 of 18 Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Lynn, I  was thinking about you today. I hope things have evened out a bit for you and that you are feeling stronger.  That is a sweet note!

#15 of 18 Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks -- things are looking up. I'm not completely back to normal, but I'm over 50% there. I actually had periods today where I wasn't thinking about how I'm feeling. I was able to play with dd tonight while ds and dh were at soccer practice. She had a writing contest for 'my' stuffed animals, and then judged the results. "Bjorn, you need more details. What was the troll's treasure? You score a 7." It was pretty cute. She's been having a hard time lately with the start of school and a mom who was anxious. I've also been gone a lot in the evenings because people are coming over to walk with me. That's probably the best therapy I'm getting (other than the meds). She's a sensitive, old soul.

#16 of 18 Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 PM

Lovely card. And VERY GLAD to hear you are improving!

#17 of 18 Old 09-20-2011, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

lynn so glad to hear things are improving and that you have others to come over and help walk with you in the evening. along with your own sweet sensitive souls. 

i am so glad you have the support which i have discovered makes a HUGE difference. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#18 of 18 Old 09-22-2011, 07:37 PM

What a sweetheart! So glad to hear you are on your way back to normal. I too value your input and have been thinking about you and pulling for you.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page