STEPMOTHER THAT IS FED UP WITH BEING USED!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question about personal responsibility. My childs father has a son from a previous relationship. He stays at our home 5 days a week ( this started when I had my son a year ago). My fiance is unemployed so I buy his school uniforms,clothes,toys,shoes,etc. This past Sunday I brought him a jacket. Tuesday his sons mother asked him for money. He said be had none. Later he offered her $25 of my money without asking me. I am on a tight budget with no room for personal items for myself. I need shoes for work and I cant afford to buy them.I have 2 children from another relationship where I get minimal help as well in addition to the child we hav.I dont feel that he should have given her anything and I feel resentment towards him, his sons mother and the child because my needs are often put on the back burner, and he should have had some balls to tell her no. Can I get some feedback. Its been times when he has promised her money and even when it was our last he still gave it.
#2 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 01:45 PM

So, is he a SAHD to your kids and his kid? Is he watching the child you have together all day long? What does she need the money for?

Quite honestly, you knew this guy had a kid when you got involved with him, right? The ex and her kid are part of the package.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 02:08 PM

This post has been removed due to privacy reasons.

#4 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENEARTHSTAR1 View Post

My fiance is unemployed so I buy his school uniforms,clothes,toys,shoes,etc. This past Sunday I brought him a jacket. Tuesday his sons mother asked him for money. He said be had none. Later he offered her $25 of my money without asking me.

I'm having a little trouble following your pronouns -- do you mean you buy your DSS's things for him (including a new jacket)? Who did the child's mother ask for money -- your DSS, or your finance? Who offered this woman $25? 

If your fiance is offering his ex your money, then it's time to end the relationship with him. He's just showing you the future. You get to support yourself, your kids, him, his kid, and his ex.

Everybody has some baggage, but that's too much baggage.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#5 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

So, is he a SAHD to your kids and his kid? Is he watching the child you have together all day long? What does she need the money for?
Quite honestly, you knew this guy had a kid when you got involved with him, right? The ex and her kid are part of the package.

a SAHD, or unemployed and not really looking? there is a HUGE difference.

just b/c she got involved with a man who has a child (and an ex) does NOT make the child and the ex her responsibility.

i agree with the PP who stated that you are seeing your future if you stay together.

now, here's another way to look at it -- if you split up, where will he get the money to help support your child with him?

#6 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 03:41 PM

I would be very angry.  It's not the child, or his mother that are using you, but your BF that's using you.  

As long as he's looking for work, or doing everything he can to make money for his family, I'd give him some slack....but, if he's not even trying to make money, I would be livid and feel very unappreciated.  

I have a friend who has been out of work for over a year.  He works HARD at bringing in as much money as he can.  He is willing to do anything anybody needs.  He's cleaned the play equipment at Mcdonalds.  He's put gas grills together, installed toilets...anything.  He was a highly paid professional, but he's not too proud to do whatever it takes to buy his kids school clothes until he finds a full time job.

If he's truly trying, I'd just be mad, and then let it go.  He probably feels a sense of responsibility towards his ex, and maybe she made it sound desperate. 

transylvania_mom likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page