Christmas presents (redone post, LOL) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was too all over the place on the other post, so I will try to get to the point. (OK..so....I really really got off topic in that last post...I should not post while I am trying to do everything else).

What is everyone giving their children this year? I am thinking of getting a wooden toy house I have seen on ads here. And I always liked that rainbow nesting stacker toy. Any experience with these toys? I already have playsilks so I do not need any new of those now, but I have lost all my clips so I might buy more of those.  Thanks!!!

#2 of 15 Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 AM

Thinking of getting our DD a swing set.

And we got her this and other little toys here and there.

#3 of 15 Old 12-01-2011, 04:14 PM

We totally scored this year.  A friend who's boys are now 18 and 21 gave us a HUGE rubbermaid container filled with all their lego (collected for years).  So that's the big gift for my kids to share.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#4 of 15 Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Our LO's big present this year is a trampoline. We also have a few books for her.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#5 of 15 Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post

Our LO's big present this year is a trampoline. We also have a few books for her.

That is what I should look in to getting!! Thanks!

#6 of 15 Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1970 View Post

That is what I should look in to getting!! Thanks!

I'm really excited about it. Possibly more than she will be, although I hope not. 

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#7 of 15 Old 12-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Dd is getting an American Girl doll (Josefina) that I scored a very good deal on on Ebay about 2 months ago, a bed to go with it that the daughter of a friend has outgrown, a cookbook, a set of 3 mystery puzzles from Family Pasttime.

Ds and dd are going to share a Mystery at Hogwarts game.

Ds is going to get a Deluxe Stadium Baseball game, tickets to go to the Portland Trailblazers with dh, a small stuffed penguin, and something yet to be determined, but not too big (as the basketball tickets are his 'big' item).

I realize that I got everything except that stuffed penguin used off Ebay.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#8 of 15 Old 12-05-2011, 05:57 AM

I'm getting my 2.5yo an easel and art supplies, some Duplos to expand her collection, and a couple of hermit crabs. She keeps talking about how "Santa will bring me a pet" so I think she'll be excited about the crabs especially. joy.gif

BroodyWoodsgal likes this.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#9 of 15 Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 PM

We are getting 2.5yr old DD her first skates and a helmet. I am really excited about teaching her to skate. I think she will eventually love it!

She will also get a new pair of jammies for xmas eve.

Other than that. I am not sure. Just some stocking stuffers like craft supplies, tiny finger puppets, stickers and a new tooth brush.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#10 of 15 Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 AM

Books, a blanket and stuffed animal I made, a puzzle, and a shirt (clearance...$2 each!) for each of them.  Dh is making doll beds for the girls, and a dump truck for ds.  I am sewing the bedding for the doll beds from fabric I got for .88 a yard.  If I have time, I have some blue glittery fabric (5 yards for a dollar!!!!) to make dresses for the girls, and ds has been pleading for a camo shirt to go with his pants.  I have actually sewn the shirt, but it needs buttons.  I hate that part.

Then, dd1...a sewing kit, tantrix game, mini horse collection, seems like something else?

ds...legos, connect 4, new cowboy pistols, seems like something else?

dd2...stick horse, felt food I made, broom and dust pan, playdoh

dd3...stuffed rooster (strange, I know, but someone had given me a preprinted sewing pattern a long time ago, and I think she'll love it), wooden nesting boxes (that I still need to paint, lol.), stick horse, and...can't remember?

And then random stocking stuffers.  We always do fruit, and a little candy (this year, ds has fallen in love with the Hershey's cookies and cream candy bar, and dd with bubble tape, so they are each getting one of those), I found bell necklaces, great big pencils, and stuff like marbles, jacks, and the like to fill the gaps.

So, for us, several small things that I've picked up here and there on clearance and held back, or that dh and I can make cheaply from things we already had around here.  He's a woodworker, and so the things he is making is coming from his scraps, and I have a lot of fabric I've picked up here and there.  It seems like a lot, but I think it winds up at about $50-75 per child.  I was aiming for $50, but, as always, I start too early and then pick up things here and there and accidentally make it more...

We thought about doing something big for everyone instead, but our kids are still little (the oldest is 6), so, to them, the excitement is unwrapping stuff. 

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#11 of 15 Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM

And I love the hermit crab idea.  If we didn't travel so much and were planning on moving...great idea.

Oh, and speaking of big things.  I was disappointed that we couldn't have taken a FREE horse a month or so ago.  A nearby boarding/training facility was having to close because of the economy, and was GIVING their horses away.  It seemed really strange to me, but still...a FREE horse?  (They were offering to select groups of  people...it wasn't like an ad on cragslist or something, lol.)  Anyway, that would have been a pretty cool Christmas.  We just throw the dogs in the back of the van when we travel...I can't imagine trying that with a horse, lol. :)

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#12 of 15 Old 12-06-2011, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

And I love the hermit crab idea.  If we didn't travel so much and were planning on moving...great idea.

Oh, and speaking of big things.  I was disappointed that we couldn't have taken a FREE horse a month or so ago.  A nearby boarding/training facility was having to close because of the economy, and was GIVING their horses away.  It seemed really strange to me, but still...a FREE horse?  (They were offering to select groups of  people...it wasn't like an ad on cragslist or something, lol.)  Anyway, that would have been a pretty cool Christmas.  We just throw the dogs in the back of the van when we travel...I can't imagine trying that with a horse, lol. :)

We were offered free horses a couple years ago from someone who was moving and was a friend of a relative.

#13 of 15 Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM

The rainbow stacker is awesome :)  If we're talking about the one by Grimms Spiel und Holz..

I envy you lego people!!! Envyyy!!  My DH is currently opposed to all plastic toys =/ Imagine his horror when I brought home two (working!!) dirt devil toy vacuums from the thrift store.  We're working on him ;)

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#14 of 15 Old 12-08-2011, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityMom View Post

The rainbow stacker is awesome :)  If we're talking about the one by Grimms Spiel und Holz..

I envy you lego people!!! Envyyy!!  My DH is currently opposed to all plastic toys =/ Imagine his horror when I brought home two (working!!) dirt devil toy vacuums from the thrift store.  We're working on him ;)

My husband's opposition to Legos is more about the foot injuries when you step on them! LOL...seriously..I broke my ankle once on them. Recently, the toy fairy confiscated a huge rubber made container full of Legos because they were all over the floor. The toy fairy will give it back eventually.

#15 of 15 Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Oh man LOL yeah, those things are sharp :(  My childhood was spent with legos covering my bedroom floor.  Fun stuff! :) Being a Waldorf family and all, we have a basket of pine cones in the living room.  They rival legos.... seriously.  ouch.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)

Tags
Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page